• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Master BBQ Pizza Dough Transfer with These Tips from Sandi

In summary, the BBQ Pizza recipe was a hit at a recent meeting, but there were difficulties with transferring the dough from the pastry mat to the pizza pan. The consultant suggests using greased pans, parchment paper, or flipping the mat and pan together to help with this issue. She also mentions that using frozen dough may be easier to work with.
sandilou
Silver Member
We made the BBQ Pizza at our last meeting -- very yummy! But we had a problem getting the dough for the crust from the pastry mat to the pizza pan. We didn't have the Mega Lifters -- would that work? I think they ended up folding it over to move it, but that wasn't great b/c it stuck together. I wondered about putting the pan over the dough right-side-down and holding the mat and pan together and flipping it. I would love to hear how you got this to work. I would like to practice this weekend for upcoming shows.

TIA,
Sandi

Sprinkle the mat with flour or cornmeal first, this helps it not stick to the mat.

Sandi,
I've made the pizza several times. Always have used cornmeal on the mat and also lightly brushed the pan with olive oil if the dough isn't oily. Had no issues with it sticking to mat or pan. Used the flexible turner half way through cooking time to release the dough from pan and turned the pan to ensure even cooking. My family and friends LOVE this pan!!!
Noelle

ok -- I'm thinking the dough we used was our problem. The consultant who provided the ingreds couldn't find frozen, so she bought the stuff in the tube. THIS DOES NOT WORK AT ALL! She had a mix in her kitchen, so we mixed that up and used it. It was super-soft and moving it was very difficult. I bet the frozen dough transfers easily.

Thank you,
Sandi

Hi Sandi,I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed the BBQ Pizza at your last meeting! It's definitely one of my favorite recipes to make with our products.I can understand the struggle you had with transferring the dough from the pastry mat to the pizza pan. The Mega Lifters would definitely make the process much easier, but I have a few alternative suggestions that may help.One option is to lightly grease the pizza pan before placing the dough on it. This will help prevent the dough from sticking and make it easier to lift and move.Another option is to use parchment paper between the dough and the pastry mat. This will allow you to easily transfer the dough onto the pizza pan without it sticking.Lastly, your idea of flipping the pan and mat together could also work. Just make sure to lightly flour the pastry mat before placing the dough on it, and then gently flip the pan and mat together before removing the mat.I hope these suggestions help and that you have a successful practice session this weekend. Let me know how it goes and if you have any other questions or concerns.Happy cooking!Best,

Pampered Chef Consultant

What are the necessary tools for making BBQ pizza?

The essential tools for making BBQ pizza include a pizza stone, pizza peel, grill brush, tongs, and a pizza cutter. These tools will help you achieve the perfect crispy crust and evenly cooked toppings.

What type of dough works best for BBQ pizza?

For BBQ pizza, it is best to use a pizza dough with a higher gluten content, such as bread flour or pizza dough mix. This will give your crust a chewy and sturdy texture that can withstand the high heat of the grill.

How do I prevent my BBQ pizza from sticking to the grill?

To prevent your pizza from sticking to the grill, make sure to preheat your grill and brush the grates with oil before placing the pizza on it. You can also sprinkle some cornmeal or semolina flour on the pizza peel before transferring the pizza to the grill.

Can I use any type of BBQ sauce for BBQ pizza?

While you can use any type of BBQ sauce for your pizza, it is best to use a thicker and less sweet sauce to avoid making your pizza soggy. You can also mix your BBQ sauce with some tomato sauce for a more balanced flavor.

How do I know when my BBQ pizza is done?

The best way to determine if your BBQ pizza is done is by checking the crust. It should be crispy and golden brown, and the cheese should be melted and bubbly. You can also use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the crust, which should be around 200-210 degrees Fahrenheit.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
feather18
Replies
Views
pamperedpnina
  • sarahmarie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenniferlynne