• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Gluten-Free Chicken Broccoli and Cheese Wrap Idea?

In summary, the conversation was about a recipe for Garden Basil Wraps that the participants had tried and enjoyed. One participant, DD, suggested a variation using chicken, broccoli, and cheese due to her gluten intolerance. The others thought it sounded good and one even shared their own substitution using baby spinach leaves. The final update was that the broccoli wraps were a success and DD loved them.
mmilus
Gold Member
So last night I made the Garden Basil Wraps for dinner. DS and I enjoyed them, DD (aka the pickiest eater on the face of the planet! :grumpy:) doesn't, even though she likes everything that's in them, just not the combination. She has asked me to try making Chicken Broccoli and Cheese wraps. She's always liked Stuffed Chicken Breasts but can no longer eat them because of the gluten. I've got gluten free tortillas so the wrap would work. My thinking is that the broccoli will need to be steamed (we like it a little crispy) and mixed with the cooked chicken and cheese, wrapped and grilled. I may try it tonight but thought I'd throw it out there and see what ya'll think. Am I crazy? Marci

That sounds VERY GOOD. I might need to try that. I just so happen to have some broccoli at home..HHMM.

Sounds good to me. I made the basil wraps and we loved them. We left the extra basil off (that you add when you add the tomatoes) thinking it might over power the taste of everything else. YUMMY!

BethCooks4U said:
Sounds good to me. I made the basil wraps and we loved them. We left the extra basil off (that you add when you add the tomatoes) thinking it might over power the taste of everything else. YUMMY!

I used baby spinach leaves instead of the additional basil. Since basil isn't in season right now, it's costs so much for just this tiny little thing of it. I had barely enough for the dressing. But I think it tasted great w/ the baby spinach, I'll probably do that anyway from now on! :D

mmilus - how did the broccoli wraps turn out?

Aimee - the broccoli wraps were a hit. I just used chicken cooked in the SRB, plus shredded swiss and mozarella cheese. DD loved them and loves that she can just grab one and go. Thanks for asking!

1. How do I make a healthy wrap?

To make a healthy wrap, start by choosing a whole wheat or low-carb tortilla as the base. Then, add in plenty of fresh vegetables like lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers. For protein, you can use grilled chicken, tofu, or beans. Avoid using high-fat toppings like cheese and mayonnaise, and opt for healthier options like avocado or hummus. Roll it up tightly and enjoy!

2. Can I use any type of tortilla for a wrap?

Yes, you can use any type of tortilla for a wrap, but some may work better than others. Whole wheat or low-carb tortillas are a healthier option and hold up well when rolled. You can also try using lettuce leaves or collard greens as a wrap for a low-carb and gluten-free option.

3. How can I add more flavor to my wrap?

You can add more flavor to your wrap by using different types of sauces or spreads. Try using pesto, salsa, tzatziki, or even a homemade vinaigrette as a dressing. You can also experiment with different seasonings and herbs to add a pop of flavor to your wrap.

4. How can I make a wrap without using meat?

There are plenty of vegetarian options for making a wrap without using meat. You can use grilled tofu, tempeh, or chickpeas as a protein source. You can also load up on vegetables and add in ingredients like avocado or hummus for healthy fats. Get creative and try different combinations to find your favorite meatless wrap.

5. How do I prevent my wrap from falling apart?

To prevent your wrap from falling apart, make sure to roll it tightly and secure it with toothpicks if needed. You can also warm up your tortilla before assembling the wrap to make it more pliable. If using lettuce leaves, make sure to pat them dry before wrapping to prevent sogginess. Lastly, avoid overstuffing your wrap with too many ingredients.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• finley1991
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
tpchefpattie
  • CaribooMom
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
pcchefjane
Replies