• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Should I Serve as a Side Dish for a Lunchtime Show?

In summary, the host is looking for a side dish for her BBQ pork tenderloin sandwiches and is struggling to find something guests can help prepare. Several guests suggested pasta salads, coleslaw, or dips.
Jolie_Paradoxe
Gold Member
Hello all,

I have a host who wants a SPREAD for a "lunchtime" show...some guests will arrive late, some will stop by and some will stay for the "show". She's making the Strawberry Spinach Salad, Baguettes with Pesto, Tomato & Mozzarella, and the Oil Dippings. She wants to demo the BBQ Pork Tenderloin sandwiches. She wants a side....no potato salad.

So, it looks like I may have a quick demo with the tenderloin....but I need help on picking a side....preferably one that guests can help prepare and use PC toys.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions!

Crimeny that's a lot of food!

The only side that I can think of for the bbq sandwiches is slaw. lol. I'm sorry that's no help for you!

Maybe a pasta salad, with lots of chopped veggies, etc...show the colander, and different tools, use the measure mix n pour to make an Italian salad dressing to pour over the top.

Or a dip using one of our spice blends, and veggies for dipping.

Hmmmm....

I know Crystal....that's after I edited and veto'd 2 other appetizers! She's adamant about a SPREAD.

BeckyD....thanks! Pasta salad is a great idea....

Keep the ideas coming and wish me luck! Her show is Thursday....she sent out 70 invites!! So far, 9 RSVP...2 Latecomers and 3 outside orders....we're hoping people will just show up. I feel kind of bad that her after show follow up with guests who didn't come will be so long!

You can make the old deviled eggs recipe...

janetupnorth said:
You can make the old deviled eggs recipe...

Mmmmm! Those are so good! Easy, inexpensive, and everyone can pipe their own using the EAD!

Not a bad idea Janet.....thanks!

The Colossal Chopped Salad from Season's Best S/S 2007. It is an awesome demo and my guests loved it.

Thank you all for the help. She decided she wants to do roasted potatoes!! No demo opp for me....guess I'll be doing A LOT of word pictures....more talking. :( Ah well, here's hoping people appreciate the speedy demo and that I can actually provide a decent presentation.

Jolie_Paradoxe said:
Thank you all for the help. She decided she wants to do roasted potatoes!! No demo opp for me....guess I'll be doing A LOT of word pictures....more talking. :( Ah well, here's hoping people appreciate the speedy demo and that I can actually provide a decent presentation.

LOL - that's funny. I was trying to avoid potato suggestions, because she said no potato salad.

A great tip I have for roasting potatoes is to use the apple wedger, and wedge the potatoes...toss w/ olive oil and seasonings (I've been loving the oil dipping seasonings, but the rosemary herb has been a long time favorite!) and bake on large bar pan. YUMMY potato wedges!

Just wanted to update....show was great! Looks like the host knew her crowd, he he!

Very little time to do a formal demo....I did a formal talk for all of 6 minutes...roasted potatoes (tossed in garlic and oil then sprinkled with our rosemary mix) was a hit..we ended up making 3 pork tenderloins in 12 m batches, and had people come to me for questions and tips...show is currently at 1100!! There are about 3 more orders coming in. I had one guest follow me to each group to "hear my tips, cause they were great!" (THANK YOU OH GREAT CS GURU'S!!)) and she ordered ALL my favorite items. :)

2 definite bookings, 1 maybe and 1 possible recruit! Had 4 guests talk about how much they loved "my" style! lol

Moral? Follow host lead when they know what "their crowd" prefers! How I wish I could take credit for it...but, this one is definitely host credited....just glad I could consult! lol

Congrats! (I can hear Marsha's excitment for you now!!!)

1. How can I make a quick and easy side dish?

One of the quickest and easiest side dishes you can make is roasted vegetables. Simply chop up your favorite vegetables, toss them in olive oil, salt, and pepper, and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes.

2. What are some healthy options for side dishes?

There are many healthy options for side dishes, such as quinoa salads, grilled vegetables, and roasted sweet potatoes. You can also try substituting traditional carbs like rice or pasta with cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles.

3. How can I make a side dish that pairs well with multiple main dishes?

A versatile side dish that pairs well with many main dishes is a simple salad. You can mix and match different greens, toppings, and dressings to create a salad that complements any meal.

4. What are some side dishes that are perfect for a potluck or party?

For a potluck or party, you may want to consider making a large batch of a crowd-pleasing side dish like mac and cheese, potato salad, or a fruit salad. These can easily be transported and served to a larger group.

5. How can I make a side dish that is both vegetarian and gluten-free?

One option for a vegetarian and gluten-free side dish is a quinoa and vegetable stir-fry. Simply cook quinoa according to package instructions and sauté your favorite vegetables in a pan. Combine the two and add your choice of seasonings for a tasty and nutritious dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • chefinbiz
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Chef Kearns
Replies