• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should Apple Crisp Be Baked Covered or Uncovered?

In summary, a Dcb recipe is a recipe made specifically for the Deep Covered Baker from Pampered Chef, and can be found on their website, in their catalog, or through a consultant. Common issues when using a Dcb for a recipe include cracking or breaking of the dish, food sticking, or uneven cooking. Regular recipes can be modified to use in a Dcb, but it is recommended to use Dcb-specific recipes for best results. The best way to clean a Dcb is to soak it in warm, soapy water and avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners. The Dcb can be used in both the oven and microwave, but always follow the specific recipe instructions and do not use on the stovetop or
Jen1409
this is the recipe

Quick Apple Crisp
5 Granny Smith apples
1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Vanilla ice cream or thawed, frozen whipped topping (optional)

Preheat oven to 350°F. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half. Place apples in Deep Dish Baker. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon, butter and nuts in bowl. Mix until crumbly. Sprinkle mixture evenly over apples. Bake 35-40 minutes or until apples are tender. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.

Is it supposed to be cooked covered or uncovered in the oven?

I would say uncovered. You would hate to add extra moisture into the dessert. Also it usually says when to cover it.By the way, this looks like a great recipe!

Jen,
this sounds awesome,please let us know which way you find it works best.

YUM!!

:confused:Wonder if you could do this in microwave??

Lisa

This is an old PC recipe, I recognize it from the first time I did PC years ago.

Cook it uncovered. It doesn't crisp up if you do it in the microwave.

I covered it :blushing: which is why I was asking. Oops. Now I know how do it for a party in 2 weeks though. I was doing a test run, good thing I did it though

What is a Dcb recipe and how do I find one?

A Dcb recipe is a recipe specifically designed for the Deep Covered Baker, a popular product from Pampered Chef. These recipes can be found on the Pampered Chef website, in the catalog, or through a consultant. You can also search for Dcb recipes on the internet.

What are some common issues people have when using a Dcb for a recipe?

Some common issues people may have when using a Dcb for a recipe include the dish cracking or breaking, the food sticking to the dish, or the dish not cooking evenly. These issues can often be avoided by following the instructions for preheating the dish, properly greasing it, and using the correct cooking time and temperature.

Can I modify a regular recipe to use in a Dcb?

Yes, many regular recipes can be modified to use in a Dcb. You may need to adjust cooking times and temperatures, and make sure the ingredients will fit in the dish. It is recommended to use Dcb-specific recipes for the best results, but experimenting with modifications can also be fun!

What is the best way to clean a Dcb after using it?

The best way to clean a Dcb is to soak it in warm, soapy water for about 10 minutes before scrubbing with a non-abrasive sponge or cloth. For tougher stains, you can use a baking soda and water paste. Avoid using metal utensils or abrasive cleaners, as they can damage the dish's coating.

Can I use a Dcb in the oven and microwave?

Yes, the Dcb is designed to be used in both the oven and microwave. However, make sure to always follow the instructions for the specific recipe you are using, as some recipes may not be suitable for the microwave. Additionally, do not use the Dcb on the stovetop or broiler.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebPC
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • Jennie50
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • chefshawna