1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need Help Quick: Lemon Meringue Cake

1. nene960

nene960 Member

Has anyone made this yet? I am making it for my show tonight and the batter was so thick I couldn't whisk it or pour it into the pan. I re-read the directions 15 times to make sure I didn't miss anything and I didn't. I am just wondering if they left ingredients off the recipe cards?

Jul 27, 2009
  2. pckellyd

pckellyd Member Gold Member

I've made it and while it was thick I coulddefinately whisk and poor it. Did you use the right size cake mix? the recipe is suitable for small box of jiffy yellow cake mix. betty crocker size is twice the amount.

Jul 27, 2009
  3. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Did you use the right size cake mix? It is 9 oz not the usual 18 oz...

Jul 27, 2009
  4. nene960

nene960 Member

I used the wrong size cake mix LOL. I felt like an idiot and because I was convinced that the recipe card was printed wrong! Thanks for the info and letting me know I am not crazy!

Jul 28, 2009
  5. straitfan

straitfan Veteran Member Gold Member

I doubled it on purpose when I made it for an open house last week and used both torte pans. One cake mix and double the fillings! (They really need to emphasize when they use that jiffy cake mix!!!)

Jul 28, 2009
  6. cwinter474

cwinter474 Veteran Member Gold Member

You are not alone, I think alot of us made this mistake

Jul 28, 2009
  7. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

I'll have to tell my downline. She made it and said it was super-lemony and too thick to get out of the pan!

Jul 28, 2009
Have something to add?

Draft saved Draft deleted