• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Help Quick: Lemon Meringue Cake

I doubled it on purpose when I made it for an open house last week and used both torte pans. One cake mix and double the fillings!
nene960
Has anyone made this yet? I am making it for my show tonight and the batter was so thick I couldn't whisk it or pour it into the pan. I re-read the directions 15 times to make sure I didn't miss anything and I didn't. I am just wondering if they left ingredients off the recipe cards?

I've made it and while it was thick I coulddefinately whisk and poor it. Did you use the right size cake mix? the recipe is suitable for small box of jiffy yellow cake mix. betty crocker size is twice the amount.

nene960 said:
Has anyone made this yet? I am making it for my show tonight and the batter was so thick I couldn't whisk it or pour it into the pan. I re-read the directions 15 times to make sure I didn't miss anything and I didn't. I am just wondering if they left ingredients off the recipe cards?

Did you use the right size cake mix? It is 9 oz not the usual 18 oz...

I used the wrong size cake mix LOL. I felt like an idiot and because I was convinced that the recipe card was printed wrong! Thanks for the info and letting me know I am not crazy!

I doubled it on purpose when I made it for an open house last week and used both torte pans. One cake mix and double the fillings! (They really need to emphasize when they use that jiffy cake mix!!!)

nene960 said:
I used the wrong size cake mix LOL. I felt like an idiot and because I was convinced that the recipe card was printed wrong! Thanks for the info and letting me know I am not crazy!

You are not alone, I think alot of us made this mistake

I'll have to tell my downline. She made it and said it was super-lemony and too thick to get out of the pan!

What is the recipe for Lemon Meringue Cake?

The recipe for Lemon Meringue Cake can be found on the Pampered Chef website or in the Pampered Chef recipe book. It includes ingredients such as lemon cake mix, lemon pudding, eggs, sugar, and cream of tartar.

How long does it take to make Lemon Meringue Cake?

The total time for making Lemon Meringue Cake is approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes. This includes preparation time and baking time.

Can I substitute the lemon cake mix with a different flavor?

Yes, you can substitute the lemon cake mix with a different flavor such as vanilla or chocolate. However, keep in mind that this will change the overall taste of the cake.

How do I prevent my meringue from deflating?

To prevent your meringue from deflating, make sure to beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Also, avoid overmixing the meringue once it is added to the cake and make sure to bake it immediately after topping the cake.

Can I make Lemon Meringue Cake ahead of time?

Yes, you can make Lemon Meringue Cake ahead of time. However, it is best to add the meringue topping right before serving to ensure it stays fluffy. You can also store the cake in the fridge for 1-2 days before serving.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Pamperedva
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Pamperedva
Replies
Views
byrd1956
Replies
Views
sharalam