• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need help on what to say.

jhammer22

Mar 31, 2006
Okay. I just signed up. I am having trouble on what to say to people to get them to book shows for me. I am looking for a "script". I have talked to two hopefuls today and I don't feel like I will get anything out of them because of my approach. I want to fix this before I get any further down my list of people to contact about shows.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Julie

barbchan

Mar 16, 2006
Your Recipe for Success has a section on bookings and the teleclasses have one called booking for a year round business. Two very good sources right there. Check out the library on Consultants Corner for more.

On a quicker note, my director told me that it helps to not use the words, "book" or "show". Seems those two words give negative images of work.
Here's her idea....

"I've started my new business with The Pampered Chef. Are you familiar with the products? How would you like to have your friends come over for an evening of fun and let me pamper you all with The Pampered Chef?"

jhammer22

Mar 31, 2006
Thanks Barbara. Thanks for that approach. I guess I failed to mention that I just signed up and my SS1 month is June, so I won't have my materials for a while yet. I am really wanting to get this off to a great start. I can't afford not to because DH is going to be losing his job.

Do you have a different approach for friends vs. acquaintances. For example, I volunteer in DD's classroom an hour a week. I would like to approach her teacer, but I don't want to feel uncomfortable doing it.

its_me_susan

Jul 31, 2005
If my host has 10+ guests expected I make a B recipe from home (something GOOD) to cook when I arrive so they eat while I demo the other recipe...or already cooked dessert, ..... when all the guests are eating it and raving, I say "When you have YOUR party, I'll show you and your guests how easy it is to make this!".

:)

I'm making 3 spinach-artichoke braids/twists this month as a result of bringing it to other shows.