• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Rant Need Help on a Response to This!

In summary, the co-worker who handed out the invitations has apologized and said she didn't mean to put it on your desk. She doesn't think that she "forgot" you were a consultant, but instead that she was not too familiar with PC before she came to the show. She said that she and you had spent a lot of time planning the show and that you should go. You could always see what the other consultant does at her shows and maybe you do something that you like and you could always steal her ideas.
kam
Staff member
OK, I really can't even believe this...

I need help coming up with a response!

I have a co-worker who I introduced to PC a year or so ago - she bought a ton of stuff, had a catty show. I got bookings from it and that booking thread is still viable, etc etc.

She had a Cooking Show booked with me for July. But about 2-3 weeks before the show, she changed jobs in our company to one that she works from home. She cancelled the show since she was concerned about not being here physically and getting people to come. I was very understanding about it - since I figured it also might be a combination of going on vacation the next week then starting her new responsibilities basically the week of the show.

Today I walked into work and there on my desk was AN INVITATION TO HER PAMPERED CHEF SHOW!!!!

Apparently she is using another consultant - which that is really not the issue here. Whatever.

MY ISSUE IS THAT SHE WOULD HAVE THE NERVE TO INVITE ME!
1. Why invite another PC consultant (knowing she is a consultant) in the first place.
2. But would you really invite YOUR consultant?

Please help me come up with a good response to this. I would like to somehow address the issue that she has gone with another consultant - but yet felt the need to invite me. I actually think this is quite rude - and I would like to get across (diplomatically) that she should not have invited me.

Any ideas??

You said that she had moved to a position where she works from home. Does she come into the office at all? Maybe she had another co-worker hand out the invitations who didn't realize you were a consultant as well. Now, if it has your name on it, then I don't know...

As for a response, I would call her up and politely say "Thank you for the invitation, but I wouldn't feel comfortable coming to the show since I am also a consultant. I don't want to make the other consultant feel uncomfortable." She might be doing it to help another friend start her business. She may have forgotten (I know it's a short time, but it happens) or not realized you are still working your business.

Once you politely decline the invitation, bless and release.

NooraK said:
You said that she had moved to a position where she works from home. Does she come into the office at all? Maybe she had another co-worker hand out the invitations who didn't realize you were a consultant as well. Now, if it has your name on it, then I don't know...

As for a response, I would call her up and politely say "Thank you for the invitation, but I wouldn't feel comfortable coming to the show since I am also a consultant. I don't want to make the other consultant feel uncomfortable." She might be doing it to help another friend start her business. She may have forgotten (I know it's a short time, but it happens) or not realized you are still working your business.

Once you politely decline the invitation, bless and release.

I spoke to the co-worker who handed them out for her. She knows I am a PC Cons - In fact, she apologized and said she felt funny putting it on my desk. At first she assumed I was doing the show and thought it was weird that I would have gotten an invite. Then she said she thought about it and figured it out - and didn't really want to put it on my desk. I told her no problem! Not her fault.

And, I REALLY don't think this gal "forgot" I was a consultant. She was not too famililar with PC before she came to a show. Since she bought all her stuff - she constantly would tell how much she loves to cook with all her new GREAT tools...on & on. I have brought in items for her to look at before ordering. We did spend quite a bit of time planning her July show.

Why not go??? You could always see what the other consultant does at her shows and maybe she does something that you like and you could always steal her ideas. Do not buy anything, in fact if you have co-workers there that you are friends with I would quietly tell them you are a consultant and maybe you can get some bookings from the party. If your friends or co-workers are interested in hosting a party for the holidays they should want to book with you!!

Oh that just stinks. It's not like she is just having a show and invited you...it's that she was scheduled to do a show, cancelled it, switched consultants AND is inviting you. What nerve! The only things I can think of saying are probably too confrontational, so I'm no help! :D

MMelchor said:
Why not go??? You could always see what the other consultant does at her shows and maybe she does something that you like and you could always steal her ideas. Do not buy anything, in fact if you have co-workers there that you are friends with I would quietly tell them you are a consultant and maybe you can get some bookings from the party. If your friends or co-workers are interested in hosting a party for the holidays they should want to book with you!!

While I agree that going to this for the ideas part is not a bad idea. Going with intent to steal bookings from another consultant is as sneaky and backhanded as what it seems is already happening. Just my opinion on matter. I'd go with the polite declination with explanation that you are a consultant and do not to attend another party.

Let's see--she cancelled her July party and it is now November and in those four months you did not call her to reschedule? If I were her, I would have assumed that you quit the business since you did not call me.

babywings76 said:
Oh that just stinks. It's not like she is just having a show and invited you...it's that she was scheduled to do a show, cancelled it, switched consultants AND is inviting you. What nerve! The only things I can think of saying are probably too confrontational, so I'm no help! :D

Hehe - that's why I decide to cool down and ask for help here! I knew I would write something I would regret if I emailed her right away!!

DebbieJ said:
Let's see--she cancelled her July party and it is now November and in those four months you did not call her to reschedule? If I were her, I would have assumed that you quit the business since you did not call me.

She made it VERY clear that she did not want to have an indoor party. She wanted it outside. Which is why we were doing July. When she cancelled, I had mentioned the fall, but she was more interested in "possibly" the Spring.

Why don't you call her and ask her? "Hey _________, I just got your invitation to the PC party on ______, and was kind of surprised. Is there a problem? I want to make sure there isn't something I need to rectify with you?____________".

Nanisu said:
Why don't you call her and ask her? "Hey _________, I just got your invitation to the PC party on ______, and was kind of surprised. Is there a problem? I want to make sure there isn't something I need to rectify with you?____________".

That is really a good idea. I need to think about if I actually want to confront her. But, now that I keep re-reading it, I like your suggestion.

Here's what I was thinking before I read your post:

Hi XXXXX,
I just got your invitation. I recall how much fun we had discussing the plans for your July Show that I am a little saddened that you didn't want me to do this show for you. But, I am sure it will be a lot of fun and a great success. Obviously, I will not be able to attend.

Too much?

Kathleen- I agree with several of the above points, and I know you have already seen the light, so I will not beat a dead horse, but I will say that this has happened to me with a FRIEND. So needless to say I was pretty po'd as well!

She and I had discussed a Sept party for her, I had intended on getting in touch with her in late July/early August, but at that time got an invite to her party with another consultant.

Now, I decided I wanted to go to this party b/c this particular consultant (director) has made TPC several times and has very creative parties, so I wanted to meet her and see what her parties were like, but I was definitely upset that my friend booked with someone else. Then I realized that I dropped the ball and someone else swooped in and got the biz instead, and my friend 1) probably forgot our convo, and 2) isn't in direct sales and didn't think that this would be a personal affront to me for her to host a party with someone else.

I too had to bless and release.

I, with, your customer would ask her if she was unsatisfied with your service. Have you kept in touch with her via a monthly newsletter or updates on what's new with PC? Customer care calls to check in? Offer recipes? If not... there is a possibility that she may have thought you were out of biz. However, if you have kept in touch with her I would ask if she was unsatisfied with your service b/c you had planned to follow up with her in X month to replan her outdoor party and was surprised to receive her invite with another consultant.

I can tell you that I didn't sign with the consultant who I hosted with several years ago b/c she didn't keep in touch with me so I couldn't even remember her name, nevermind know whether or not she was still in biz... had she kept in touch with me she could have another recruit on her team!

i too had someone that i had and was very excited about her show and that very morning before i sent out invites i check my e-mail and she wanted to cancell the show and she had over 30 names and addresses for that party too. so she e-mailed me and cancelled her excuse was it was to much at the time and pc paarty was the one they did not need at the time and so i called and e-mail her this was in july, off and on till a week or so ago and she e-mails me back saying so you did not get my text that i have found someone else to do partys with so i will nto be having one with you that kinda maks you mad at first but you getovcer it and move on.

if you think there's a chance that she would ever book with you or buy from you, i agree with the polite e-mail route. if not, then just bless and release, keeping in mind that you still have a thread of shows from the original one she did with you. btw kudos to you for getting a ton of bookings from a catty show!

She could have a friend who is starting the business, or she could have gone to a friend's show and booked a party to help her friend. I really like Nancy's response: it doesn't impart any guilt onto the customer (as in 'why didn't you book with me'?) and keeps you in a 'professional' role. She could honestly not have a clue how all this works (it slays me that so many people think direct sales is a hobby!)

I would not even bother. I am going to ask a question here. Is it worth the energy to get mad at all? This happens in business all the time. Someone puts out a sale to get your business. Someone else puts out the same thing but at a better price. Even if you went to the first place and told the sales lady you would be back, you don't show up after you find the better price right? What is the difference?
You certainly do not feel bad about not giving the first lady a sale. We sell ourselves every day. We are a product to our guests and hosts. We too can be superseded. If you can not get past that, you might end up angry a lot. I did for a few years but after it was explained to me in those terms, well. I had to learn to let it go. It fogs up everything else, still does not get you that booking and so what was really gained by sending her anything at all? I would pray, release, deep breath and move on.

It really helped to post on here - I kind of got it out of my system. By waiting a few days - I have cooled down a lot.

A co-worker I discussed this with - was not surprised. She said she is always treating people this way. Apparently when she worked in another department she said and did things to tick people off. Who knows.

When her past host discount ran out - and she wanted to order something - I gave her the 10% discount out of my pocket - since it was really close to when it ran out. I would also bring things in to show her and give her recipes.

So, if she has found another consultant to offer her all of this - then great.

I think I am not going to respond - if she contacts me about an RSVP - then I will respond, very nicely, of course.

1. What is the best way to respond to a customer who needs help?

The best way to respond to a customer who needs help is to first thank them for reaching out and acknowledging their concern. Then, ask for more details about their issue so you can better understand the problem. Finally, provide a solution or offer to escalate the issue to a higher level if necessary.

2. How quickly should I respond to a customer in need of help?

It is important to respond to a customer in need of help as soon as possible. Ideally, within 24 hours of receiving their inquiry. This shows that you value their time and are committed to resolving their issue promptly.

3. What information should I include in my response to a customer?

When responding to a customer in need of help, it is important to include your name, the customer's name, a brief summary of their issue, and a clear and concise solution or next steps. It is also helpful to provide contact information in case they need further assistance.

4. How can I ensure that my response to a customer is professional and helpful?

To ensure your response to a customer in need of help is professional and helpful, make sure to use a polite and friendly tone. Avoid using technical jargon and instead, use clear and simple language that the customer can easily understand. Also, double check for spelling and grammar errors before sending your response.

5. What should I do if I am unable to resolve a customer's issue?

If you are unable to resolve a customer's issue, it is important to apologize for any inconvenience and offer alternative solutions or compensation if possible. It is also important to escalate the issue to a supervisor or another team member who may be able to assist the customer further.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jnnfrc
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
raebates
  • melissaboyd
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies