• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Why am I struggling to book shows despite offering incentives?

,It sounds like you're doing everything you can to get shows, but it's not working out. I think it's important to keep trying, especially since you're already familiar with the show and the hosts. Keep calling and be persistent. You'll eventually get a booking.
cewcooks
I recently had a $600 + show with no bookings at the show, so before it closed I called everyone and thanked them for coming and offered a free cooing show and a $15 gift certificate and NO ONE said yes:( :( Then I had a booth fair last friday I had one lady that might do a show and she accepted the $25 gift certificate, but all the others said no even when I offered to do everything and give away $15 I have no shows for the Spring:cry: :cry: :cry: I am so discouraged I had such high hopes for all my calls it's only 10:30 am and way too early to drown my sorrows in a glass of wine! Any Suggestions I don't like to be negative but I'm not sure where to go from here....

It takes lot of NOs to get to a yes, so keep calling! :)

Have you called your past hosts? With the new catalog, it's a great time to re-book them since there are new products. Plus, they already know what's involved.

So are you saying Merlot is not a proper breakfast?! Oooh...have a said too much?

I feel you. Had some trouble too. I sat down and made CC calls, past host calls, reschedule/cancel host calls, emails every time I could for the last 2 weeks. Sometimes I had to leave messages, so I tried to make them intriguing...

"Hi this is Melody with The PC, It was so nice to meet you at _____. I have been thinking of you b/c we have a fabulous new show format that I know you and your friends would just love! It's a shorter show, great for busy gals everyone gets a piece of the action while we make the recipe! (Who says there can be too many cooks in the kitchen!?) call me and I will go over the host specials with you , which are the best I have ever seen!"

Well, it is paying off! I have had $557 in spontaneous orders, booked 10 shows and reconnected with to potential recruits! Keep it up and you will get there!!

Thanks so much you guys I am starting to feel a little better especially thinking about Merlot at Breakfast and I thought today was going to be chilly in VA. I opened the windows and its 71 degrees here:) :)

I think Melody's is a great plan and I often offer the "express show" for those that have done PC before or just don't have time. Sometimes...offering free and extras almost turns away people. I've seen it mentioned here a lot and truly believe it...PC has one of the MOST generous host plans. I would concentrate on that. Love Bamboo? Have I got the deal for you! Call those that have purchased Bamboo stuff from you before. There is still time for a few February catalog shows. Make sure that you are excited about it. Sometimes, we are so used to the deals that we forget how great they are. Also, one show and one booth with no bookings? That's not too bad. Some groups just don't book. Good luck and have some Vitamin B instead. Mood booster :) I love my juice smoothies.

Wow, I am so proud of you for calling everyone before the show called. That is enough to give yourself a pat on the back. I should be doing the same and plan to do it because I've been getting bookings after I close, lately. I agree that you should try not to offer extra over and above what PC already offers. Call your own phone and leave yourself a message. Listen to your voice and make sure you sound excited and confident even if you feel weak in the knees. Keep up the calling. That will mean a lot for your business.

What I have done during my last two shows is ask not just about a cooking show, but would they like to have a Cooking or Catalogue show? Those who would never in your house will say yes. In January at a show, I had one cooking show and two catty shows. I just had the cooking show and have another 1 and possibly 2 catty shows from that one. I'm now trying to contact one of the customers from one of the other catty shows for an actual cooking show. It is not ideal since I really want to do a live show, but it really is remembering not to assume everyone who says "no" is actually saying "never." The alternative is working out well for many who never would have done it at all. I'm sure this is very obvious to the "vets" around here but, I don;t do a lot of shows so it was a big breakthough to me!:)
Jessica

You might want to mention Fundraisers in your calls as well. I have had several people lately that didn't know we did Fundraisers. HWC products are a few months away, but dear to many people's hearts. Just remember what you do today will affect your business 90 days from now, so it isn't too soon to start booking May. Why not have your own show?? New product introduction is a great time for that. Recently I have found that sharing my goals gets people excited about helping me. I have so many people asking how my Paris trip is coming because anytime I have talked to anyone about PC since Leadership I add that I WILL go to Paris this year. Several who would never have a party in their home have offered to do cattys to help out. Same is true with RUFTH goals. Once I started talking about trying to meet my pledge goal, almost everyone has opted to round-up.

Last edited:
That's a good idea about sharing your goals. I shared that towards the end of last year and had people asking me if I made my goal. I did. Whoohoo! People do love to help. I'm already asking for help with the May fundraiser. I do a fundraiser every May.

I am a new consultant since feb and have not done much at all. I have managed to at least do a show a month to keep myself active. My very first show was $500 show and i was very excited. I would call people, send messages via facebook and email and just about do everything. I got so discouraged i thought about giving up, but then i took a little different approach. I made some smores cups in my mini muffin pan and a bubble up pizza in the bar pan and left it at my day job. I had all sorts of co-workers ask for the recipe and so i told them i would come do a demonstration if they would like. Bottom line is june and july are looking way better than any other month. I say just keep going, im not giving up. I just keep in mind why i started in the first place.

1. How can I overcome discouragement?

There is no one-size-fits-all solution for overcoming discouragement, as everyone's experiences and coping mechanisms are different. However, some strategies that may help include seeking support from loved ones, practicing self-care activities such as exercise or mindfulness, setting realistic goals, and seeking professional help if needed.

2. What can I do when I feel overwhelmed and discouraged?

When feeling overwhelmed and discouraged, it's important to take a step back and prioritize your tasks and responsibilities. Break them down into smaller, more manageable chunks and focus on one thing at a time. It may also be helpful to talk to a trusted friend or family member about your feelings and seek their support.

3. Why do I feel so discouraged even when things are going well?

Sometimes, discouragement can come from our own inner critic or imposter syndrome. It's important to recognize and challenge these negative thoughts and remind ourselves of our accomplishments and strengths. Additionally, external factors such as stress, burnout, or a lack of work-life balance can contribute to feeling discouraged even when things may seem to be going well.

4. How can I stay motivated in the face of discouragement?

One way to stay motivated is to focus on the bigger picture and your long-term goals. Remind yourself of why you started and the progress you've made so far. It can also be helpful to surround yourself with positive and supportive people, and to take breaks and engage in activities that bring you joy and recharge your energy.

5. When should I seek professional help for my discouragement?

If your feelings of discouragement persist and significantly impact your daily life, it may be beneficial to seek professional help. This could include talking to a therapist or counselor, who can provide support and guidance in managing and overcoming your discouragement. Additionally, if you experience symptoms of depression or anxiety, it's important to seek help from a mental health professional.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sheila
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Cookie Kempe
  • Pampered Chef Support Group
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Kristen