• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What Are Some Quick and Easy Ideas for a Last-Minute Birthday Party?

In summary, the hostess planned a kitchen show for her daughter's surprise birthday party and the guest were mailed invitations. The daughter contacted the guests to let them know it was a combo Pampered Chef/Surprise party and if bringing any gifts to leave them in the car. The party was a success and the guests enjoyed the demo of the chocolate turtle cake.
ekitner
:confused: I am hoping someone can help me. I was supposed to be doing a grilling party on June 18, but the hostess decided to change it into a surprise birthday party for her 33 year old daughter. Has anyone ever done anything like this. She wants to have the food pretty much pre-prepared and I have no idea what to do. She wants simple and quick. What kinds of games should we play? What should I make? Someone Please Help Me. :eek:

Thank you,
Erin

Do something easy...chocolate for a 33rd birthday is always good...Turtle Fudge Skillett Cake...Fruit with Fondue...have fun with it!

You can always find recipes for chocolate that's quick and easy. You could make mini brownies using the deluxe mini muffin pan, take the tart shaper and make indentions on the top, then take the easy accent decorator filled with icing, to decorate the top and garnish with a slice of strawberry or whatever you like.

PamperedChefmom
Kentucky

Thanks for the ideas. I forgot about the brownies in the mini-muffin pan. I have done them before. Thanks again anymore ideas I am willing to take anything into consideration.

Free catering?Wow. It actually sounds like she's just trying to get you to cater her daughter's birthday party. I hope it really works out as a Pampered Chef show for you and not just a bad experience.

I have done a Surprise B-day Show beforeI had a hostess that planned a kitchen show. Her daughter, a prior hostess, called me to tell me that little did mom know, but she was planning her own surprise party and asked if I could "suggest" to mom to do a cake demo.
Daughter had list of people who mom mailed PC invitations. She contacted them to let them know it was a combo PChef/Surprise party, and if bringing any gifts, to leave in car upon arrival.
I did the Chocolate Turtle Cake as demo. While it was in the oven, I did a quick demo of various other little items, cutting up veggie tray (with grocery purchased dip in center of chillzanne). Once cake was done, pulled out a #4 and a #0 candle, and we all said "surprise!" It went over perfectly and she didn't have a clue!
I do agree with the prior post, I would be very hesitant to prepare everything in advance. You are not the caterer and your sales will be affected if everyone shows up to eat pre-prepared food and visit, without a small Pampered Chef demo included. They may look through catalogs, but will not be in any hurry to place an order or listen to the demo if everything is already prepared and ready.

rwesterpchef said:
I had a hostess that planned a kitchen show. Her daughter, a prior hostess, called me to tell me that little did mom know, but she was planning her own surprise party and asked if I could "suggest" to mom to do a cake demo.
Daughter had list of people who mom mailed PC invitations. She contacted them to let them know it was a combo PChef/Surprise party, and if bringing any gifts, to leave in car upon arrival.
I did the Chocolate Turtle Cake as demo. While it was in the oven, I did a quick demo of various other little items, cutting up veggie tray (with grocery purchased dip in center of chillzanne). Once cake was done, pulled out a #4 and a #0 candle, and we all said "surprise!" It went over perfectly and she didn't have a clue!
I do agree with the prior post, I would be very hesitant to prepare everything in advance. You are not the caterer and your sales will be affected if everyone shows up to eat pre-prepared food and visit, without a small Pampered Chef demo included. They may look through catalogs, but will not be in any hurry to place an order or listen to the demo if everything is already prepared and ready.

This is an EXCELLENT idea and you should approach your host about doing it this way. I feel the same way as the post above...you'd be a free caterer if everything is done in advance. This way it is a surprise! Maybe you can suggest to your host that the FREE benefits should go to her daughter for her gift. After you "let the cat out of the bag" you could announce that to the guests and have them place their order before they start partying.

B-day surpriseI don't know if this will help, but I just scheduled a b-day party for my aunt's 50th b-day. My cousin is hosting it and telling my aunt that it's a normal kitchen show and then we are going to set it up sort of like a bridal show, allowing her to make a wish list and have the guests purchase her gifts. Then she also gets the host benefits. I'll demo something, probably a cake. I like the veggie idea too. Just thought I would pass it on. Good luck.

I did one like this a few years ago. It was really fun to do. It was a surprise B- Day party. The host loved to cook and her daughter planned most of it. Very successful- I think 11 or 12 of her friends came, bought a PC gift for her and the birthday girl was tickled she got the host plan.

Thanks for all the input. I will keep it in mind about having everything done before hand. On that same note I thought about doing the mini-cakes at home that were in the quick tips portion of the weekly bites and then at the party doing chicken breast on the grill to show the grilling tools and new rubs. Let me know what anyone thinks of that.

1. What are some easy and quick appetizer ideas for a birthday party?

Some easy and quick appetizer ideas for a birthday party could include a charcuterie board with sliced meats, cheeses, and crackers, vegetable platters with dips, or mini quiches or tarts.

2. How can I make a birthday cake without using an oven?

One option could be to make a no-bake cake using ingredients like graham crackers, whipped cream, and fruit. Another option could be to use a slow cooker to make a cake or to purchase a pre-made ice cream cake.

3. What are some fun activities or games to include at a birthday party?

Some fun activities or games could include a DIY cupcake decorating station, a photo booth with props, or a backyard scavenger hunt. Other options could include karaoke, a dance party, or a themed trivia game.

4. How can I accommodate dietary restrictions at a birthday party?

To accommodate dietary restrictions, consider offering a variety of options such as vegetarian, gluten-free, and dairy-free dishes. You can also ask guests for their dietary restrictions in advance and plan accordingly or provide a build-your-own option for dishes like tacos or salads.

5. How far in advance should I start planning for a birthday party?

It's recommended to start planning for a birthday party at least 4-6 weeks in advance. This will give you enough time to send out invitations, plan the menu and activities, and make any necessary arrangements. It also allows for any last-minute changes or adjustments.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Malinda Klein
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Halle-Doodle
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • livelaughlove