• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Delicious Egg and Dairy-Free Brunch Recipes for Allergies | Get Inspired Now!

In summary, the conversation is about finding dairy and egg-free recipes for a brunch show due to the host's allergies. A list of cookbooks with suitable recipes is provided, as well as a reminder to check the ingredients of Cool Whip for potential dairy content. There is also discussion about using Reddi-Whip as a substitute for Cool Whip and the potential issues with doing so. The conversation ends with a suggestion to check with the host before using Cool Whip.
Brenda K.
Gold Member
Hi everyone. I need help. I am doing a brunch show and the host is allergic to eggs and dairy products. Anyone have any recipes that they know of without eggs and dairy for a brunch show? Thank you for any and all ideas.

Here are a few things that I have found. If you don't have certain cookbooks, let me know and I will post the recipe.

It's Good For You-Apple-Cherry Crisp on page 122
All The Best-Apple Berry Salsa with baked cinnamon chips-pg 18
All The Best-Cherry Almond Angel Roll-pg. 86
All The Best-Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue with fruit-pg 96
All The Best-Mom's Apple Crisp-pg 99
All The Best-Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake-pg 119

If these don't work, or you need the recipes, just let me know. Cool whip is non-dairy, so these should be ok. A couple call for angel food cake mix, so might need to see if that is ok to use.

Thank you Jennifer. I have these cookbooks. I guess you always learn something, I would have thought Cool Whip was dairy. :)

cool whip is dairy it is made with heavy whipping crm and sugar. I am lactose intolerant and if I don't have my pills I am in big trouble. I can't handle butter w/out them.
:D
There are egg substitues see if you can use those.......

pamperedalf said:
cool whip is dairy it is made with heavy whipping crm and sugar. I am lactose intolerant and if I don't have my pills I am in big trouble. I can't handle butter w/out them.
:D
There are egg substitues see if you can use those.......

Am I dreaming or did the cool whip package used to say "Non-Dairy whipped topping" on it? I got a container of it out of the fridge and it doesn't say that anywhere. I was even at a pitch-on once when someone said the cool whip should be stuck in the fridge and someone else said it didn't need to be because it was non-dairy. Wow. Thanks for catching that. Someone could have gotten sick.

My husband said he thinks that it is Reddi Whip (in the can) that is non-dairy. I wonder if that can be substituted for cool whip. Anyone ever tried? It may not work, just wondering. Or what about Dream Whip?

Reddi-Whip instead of Cool Whip?Careful substituting Reddi-Whip.

I had an open house and forgot cool whip - the host had Reddi Whip, and the chocolate mousse turned out really flat. Tasted OK, but didn't have the same texture... looked a little funky.

I'd leave Reddi for topping your creations / jello / etc.

Cool Whip is more substantial and (no doubt thanks to all its stabilizers, gums and additives) is better as a mix-in ingredient.

So - it didn't work well for me to use Reddi-Whip in place of Cool Whip.

I think you could get non-dairy whipped from mixing coffe-mate with dreamwhip - not sure if dreamwhip has milk or not. Good luck!

Pulled the container out of the fridge!Ok, I thought Cool Whip was non-dairy as well, so I happened to have a container of CoolWhip Lite in the fridge. It says "Contains: 0g of lactose per serving.

The ingredient list is:Water, corn syrup, high-fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated vegetable oil (coconut and palm kernal oils), less than 2% of sodium caseinate (from milk), natural and artificial flavors, modified food starch, xanthan and guar gumsm polysorbsate 60, sorbitan monostearate, sodium polyphosphatesm :rolleyes: , beta carotine (color).

So I would take it that it is lactose free! :D

To be safe, I would just check w/ the host before using cool whip. It may be lactose free but if she is alergic to mlk than that could be different. :D

1. What types of recipes are included in the "Delicious Egg and Dairy-Free Brunch Recipes" cookbook?

The cookbook features a variety of delicious and allergy-friendly brunch recipes such as pancakes, waffles, frittatas, quiches, and more. All recipes are free of eggs and dairy, making them suitable for those with allergies or dietary restrictions.

2. Are the ingredients used in these recipes easy to find?

Yes, all of the ingredients used in the recipes can be found at your local grocery store. We strive to use common and accessible ingredients to make these recipes easy for everyone to recreate at home.

3. Can these recipes be modified for other dietary restrictions?

While these recipes are specifically egg and dairy-free, many of them can be easily modified to accommodate other dietary restrictions such as gluten-free, vegan, or nut-free. We provide suggestions for substitutions in the cookbook for those with other dietary needs.

4. Are these recipes suitable for hosting a large group for brunch?

Absolutely! These recipes are perfect for hosting a brunch gathering with friends and family. The recipes can easily be multiplied to serve a larger group and are sure to please even those with allergies or dietary restrictions.

5. Can I make these recipes ahead of time?

Yes, many of these recipes can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge or freezer until ready to serve. This is perfect for busy mornings or when hosting a brunch where you want to spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• ktraceyk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Alicia Messenger
  • cookinwithmk
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
rlombas
  • Bill Faber