1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need Help for a Recipe

1. Brenda K.

Brenda K. Member Gold Member

Hi everyone. I need help. I am doing a brunch show and the host is allergic to eggs and dairy products. Anyone have any recipes that they know of without eggs and dairy for a brunch show? Thank you for any and all ideas.

Jan 19, 2006
  2. jenniferlynne

jenniferlynne Senior Member

Here are a few things that I have found. If you don't have certain cookbooks, let me know and I will post the recipe.

It's Good For You-Apple-Cherry Crisp on page 122
    All The Best-Apple Berry Salsa with baked cinnamon chips-pg 18
    All The Best-Cherry Almond Angel Roll-pg. 86
    All The Best-Cool & Creamy Chocolate Fondue with fruit-pg 96
    All The Best-Mom's Apple Crisp-pg 99
    All The Best-Heavenly Lemon Angel Cake-pg 119

If these don't work, or you need the recipes, just let me know. Cool whip is non-dairy, so these should be ok. A couple call for angel food cake mix, so might need to see if that is ok to use.

Jan 19, 2006
  3. Brenda K.

Brenda K. Member Gold Member

Thank you Jennifer. I have these cookbooks. I guess you always learn something, I would have thought Cool Whip was dairy. :)

Jan 19, 2006
  4. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

cool whip is dairy it is made with heavy whipping crm and sugar. I am lactose intolerant and if I don't have my pills I am in big trouble. I can't handle butter w/out them.
    :D
    There are egg substitues see if you can use those.......

Jan 19, 2006
  5. jenniferlynne

Am I dreaming or did the cool whip package used to say "Non-Dairy whipped topping" on it? I got a container of it out of the fridge and it doesn't say that anywhere. I was even at a pitch-on once when someone said the cool whip should be stuck in the fridge and someone else said it didn't need to be because it was non-dairy. Wow. Thanks for catching that. Someone could have gotten sick.

Jan 19, 2006
  6. jenniferlynne

My husband said he thinks that it is Reddi Whip (in the can) that is non-dairy. I wonder if that can be substituted for cool whip. Anyone ever tried? It may not work, just wondering. Or what about Dream Whip?

Jan 19, 2006
  7. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Reddi-Whip instead of Cool Whip?

Careful substituting Reddi-Whip.

I had an open house and forgot cool whip - the host had Reddi Whip, and the chocolate mousse turned out really flat. Tasted OK, but didn't have the same texture... looked a little funky.

I'd leave Reddi for topping your creations / jello / etc.

Cool Whip is more substantial and (no doubt thanks to all its stabilizers, gums and additives) is better as a mix-in ingredient.

So - it didn't work well for me to use Reddi-Whip in place of Cool Whip.

I think you could get non-dairy whipped from mixing coffe-mate with dreamwhip - not sure if dreamwhip has milk or not. Good luck!

Jan 19, 2006
  8. fruit76loop

fruit76loop Veteran Member Gold Member

Pulled the container out of the fridge!

Ok, I thought Cool Whip was non-dairy as well, so I happened to have a container of CoolWhip Lite in the fridge. It says "Contains: 0g of lactose per serving.

The ingredient list is:Water, corn syrup, high-fructose corn syrup, hydrogenated vegetable oil (coconut and palm kernal oils), less than 2% of sodium caseinate (from milk), natural and artificial flavors, modified food starch, xanthan and guar gumsm polysorbsate 60, sorbitan monostearate, sodium polyphosphatesm :rolleyes: , beta carotine (color).

So I would take it that it is lactose free! :D

Jan 19, 2006
  9. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

To be safe, I would just check w/ the host before using cool whip. It may be lactose free but if she is alergic to mlk than that could be different. :D

Jan 19, 2006
Have something to add?