• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Join the PC Family: Overcoming the Fear of Direct Sales with Support and Tips

In summary, you should just talk to your friends and family again and let them know how much this means to you and that your husband supports you 100% and have you host the show yourself and hopefully when they see your excitement they will get excited to.Do IT!
kitchenmom
:confused: Hello! I am NEW here and deciding whether to join! Everyone here seems to be a part of a very supportive group! Here is my problem:
I LOVE PC and I love to cook/bake but I have tried many other direct sales companies that just flopped.... Everyone in my family has that "What is she going to sell THIS time!!??" attitude. That scares me in thinking that I won't get any bookings because my family & friends are so tired of me "trying something new"!!
I really want to be a part of the PC family and I want to work really hard at my first 3 months to get shows booked. How do I get over this fear of introducing my family & friends to yet another, direct sale company? I fully stand behing PC products and I really want THIS business to work for me!! Can anyone give me any tips or advice on what to do? My direct family is very reluctant to book more parties...my husband seems to be the only one that thinks I should join!! I have tried 4 other direct sale companies and all have flopped! Thanks for any advice girls! It is much appreciated!! :)

in a way i have to say PC sells itself. Just talk to your friends and family again and let them know how much this means to you and that your husband supports you 100% and have you host the show yourself and hopefully when they see your excitement they will get excited to.

Do IT!I completely understand where you are coming from. I am from a family who is like "She's going to be selling to us?" Finally, my mom and aunts pushed me to do it and finally my husband was on board to get me started. He really didn't see this as something long term and by any means, by me doing this for 10 months, it's not long term. But, I have proved a lot of people wrong by committing myself and showing them that I can do it. I only had 3 bookings and none of them said they would do it in my first month. I didn't know what to do. :rolleyes: My recruiter told me about an upcoming fair and I shared a booth with her and that's where my business started. I have done @5 booths so far last year and have met a lot of people I wouldn't have If I didn't get out of my box. I just signed up to do another fair (Strawberry Festival) in March and expected attendance is 10,000 people. I can't wait to see how many contacts I get from that! I think that 1 booth is going to make 2006 fantastic for me. Now, of course, I can't bank on that one fair but I do have 5 shows scheduled in February all due to other shows and word of mouth.

My only suggestion is to pour over these boards, commit yourself to running a successful business and you do fantastic! Just remember, to give yourself business hours like you would if you left your house.

Also~there is a fantastic recruiting promotion going on right now, you can earn the new executive 12" skillet Free when you qualify. It's a great opportunity and I'm very glad I joined!!

Please contact me if you have any further questions! :)

kitchenmom said:
:confused: Hello! I am NEW here and deciding whether to join! Everyone here seems to be a part of a very supportive group! Here is my problem:
I LOVE PC and I love to cook/bake but I have tried many other direct sales companies that just flopped.... Everyone in my family has that "What is she going to sell THIS time!!??" attitude. That scares me in thinking that I won't get any bookings because my family & friends are so tired of me "trying something new"!!
I really want to be a part of the PC family and I want to work really hard at my first 3 months to get shows booked. How do I get over this fear of introducing my family & friends to yet another, direct sale company? I fully stand behing PC products and I really want THIS business to work for me!! Can anyone give me any tips or advice on what to do? My direct family is very reluctant to book more parties...my husband seems to be the only one that thinks I should join!! I have tried 4 other direct sale companies and all have flopped! Thanks for any advice girls! It is much appreciated!! :)
Well, first of all you found the best site! It's such a great source of support besides your recruiter/director. It's so easy to get questions answered or brainstorm about something. By coming on here before you decide to join, you actually get a very accurate view of life as a consultant. As you know from other direct sales, your business is what you make of it. If you sit around waiting for bookings to fall into your lap, it's probably not going to be all that successful. You don't need to put a TON of work into it, but it does require some work. And if you're as enthusiastic about it as me (and we ALL are because of the great new products and programs just announced), that enthusiasm will be contagious to your friends and family. I don't know what other companies you have tried, but like the other poster said, the products seem to sell themselves at shows. I'm NOT a high pressure person. I did have the support of friends and family for my first six shows, but our host program is SO incredible that once people got to know it a little bit, it's a wonderful reward system!!

My mom was very skeptical when I first started this. I had NEVER done sales in my life (not even in retail or as a waitress at any point), I was extremely shy and I hated to cook. I would say educate your family about the company. I don't know what other ones you tried, but the start up costs are VERY reasonable ($90 for $350 worth of products and supplies), you can earn all kinds of free products your first three months and the commission structure is very nice. If you'd like any help weighing the pros and cons, please contact me! Oh and by the way, there's a great book out there written by our founder, Doris Christopher, called "The Pampered Chef: The Story of One of America's Most Beloved Companies." It's a great book if you're considering doing this AND it's great for your family to read too! My main piece of advice is that it's worth a try! If you give it a try for four shows or so and you don't like it, then there's no obligation to continue. My attitude (and my husband's) when I first started was why not give it a try? There's nothing to lose and a TON to gain!!! :)

Good luck in your decision!

I know what you're feeling!I started in Nov 2005 so I am still new! I was very hesitant about starting up another stay at home business. I tried Avon and did ok but my heart just wasn't in it at all! I was coerced into doing it with my cousin and quit after 6 months because I became prego and just didnt have the energy or desire to carry on. So after having the baby I contemplated Mary K with a friend but thought is was too much like Avon. Mom thought I should go back to Avon since I knew everything and had my clientele base already but I kept thinking about PC. So I did my research for two months thinking about PC while logging on to this site every single day getting as much info as I could! Well needless to say I joined sooner than expected! I was going to wait for my baby girl to turn 6 months but decided to take the plunge sooner! And let me tell you how glad I was on making my decision with PC! I have done better than I ever imagined in my first ss1 ss2 and now am in my ss3 months! My commissions were almost 6x what I thought they would be just starting out and I have earned more than $880 worth or bonus FREE products! I LOVE this company! Avon was nothing like it! This company gives you soo much support, training and recoginition and incentives it's unbelievable!

If your husband supports you that's all that matters really. He's your partner and I think that's great he's behind you after all the other attempts you have made! If your heart is in it and is telling to go for it then by all means you should! I never would have known unless I tried and believe my I was soo hesitant at first with no support from my mother, total fear of public presentations and overall a shy person when it comes to meeting new people. I'd say PC has changed me in some aspects for the better! I am soo glad I gave it a shot and you should too!

contact me if you want to chat or have any questions, I don't know everything yet but would love to help a fellow or soon to be consultant!
[email protected]

good luck to you! :)

Do it!I had no help from my family and the few friends that said they would help didn't. I had one sorority sister have a show for me and it turned out GREAT!! She really got my name out there. I booked ALL my shows myself. If you want to do it and have the PC LOVE, then I say go for it.

I would suggest to find a consultant or director in YOUR area that you like and trust and that seems to truly want to help YOU succeed, not want you to help HER succeed. Some consultants can be pushy and overbearing and are only out there to further themselves. Find one that clicks with YOU, whether it's on this board or someone you already work with or know. Just make sure it's a good fit for you.

Good Luck and God Bless!

Really think about why you failed beforeI truly believe that, of all of the party plan type businesses, PC is the best. Not just because I love it, but because everyone eats etc etc. That being said, you need to spend some time thinking about why your other business ventures didn't pan out (ha ha...didn't pan out...). Really reflect on what you would do differently to be sure that PC did work for you. Work on building a solid foundation, and show people through your actions, that this time is different.

Good luck!
Angela

Let your reluctant freinds and family know that with this company they get free products not just a discount. Also let them know if the hold a show in your first month of business PC gives them free spice and coffee samples!! It sounds like you have the motivation to succeed. Just remember that the business has it ups and downs. So when you hit a down spot don't give up just pick up the phone and do some customer care. I wish you the best ethier way. Let us know what you decide.

Don't wait...I didHi! I just wanted to let you know that hesitation was my problem. I waited almost a year to start and am sorry that I did! I'm in my first month, I've already qualified (sold at leat $1250 in product) and have a girl that I will be recruiting on Thursday! I was hesitant as well.....I have 4 children all in activities and I bartend once a week. But I love the flexible schedule and really love the product. In my first day, I sent an email out to friends and family and had over $120 in orders emailed to me. While I sat at my computer (in my jammies) I almost cried I was sooooo excited! That really gave me the incentive to get up and do it! If I can sell some stuff by not even getting dressed.....imagine what I could do in person while presenting my show????? My first real show was over $800! This stuff sells itself. I used to sell Avon and believe me...I love this company! There's always incentives for not only the host to earn stuff for free but for the consultants too! I do think that you need to talk to someone that wants to help you out and explain things to you. Try to pick someone that you know will be there for you when you need help. Not just recruit you for their sake and leave you in the dust. There's plenty of opportunity to get info and help from others with great ideas. CLuster meetings are great! I won't miss one! Let me know if you need any assistance with trying to find someone in your area.

Sincerely,
Erica Collins
[email protected]

January is a great time to start....you will have the whole year to earn points towards a trip! Don't wait. If your husband is behind you....that's all that matters. I have a very supportive husband and that's really something to cherish.

prove them wrongIf I were you, I would approach those doubtful party holders like this:

"I'm thinking of becoming a PC consultant. I know you're tired of doing parties for me but I think this time is different because XXXX. Do you think you could help me by telling me what my strengths/weaknesses are for a home-based business (really listen hear)? So you think I changed XXX then I'd make a go at it? Would you be my accountability partner? Make sure that I'm doing XXX. If I do XX and stick at it for XXX months, will you host a show for me?"

This helps you consider if you're cut out for home-based businesses cause you get someone's elses' input. It also obligates people but not right away.

Then you're still stuck finding shows from other sources to prove your family wrong. Find crafts fairs, etc. and see if you can get a booth (even before you become a consultant - just find sources), talk to businesses you frequent and ask the receptist if you can host a FREE luncheon IF you sign up, talk to a future upline and discover if there are in fairs you can double up with someone in your cluster. If you talk to people when you really aren't pressuring them, then they should remember you in a month when you ask them to help you. Prove to your family that you can do it and then ask them to host at that point....BEE

Hi Kitchen mom, I started PC in October. I cant believe i never thought of this before. I am loving my new business. The first thing I did when I decided to do this, is I sent an email to every email address I had, telling them that I was starting a new business and that I would appreicate their support. I have four children and with one income I needed to get a part time job, this is perfect. Well I got a great response and I had 8 shows my first month, 11 the next month. I would suggest writing a sincere letter/email to everyone you know. It worked for me!! My husband was skeptical at first too, but now he's on board supporting me and cant wait to go to Bahamas next year!!! Where do you live? Do you have a director to talk to?

Hope this helps!
Lynn
[email protected]

kitchenmom said:

The mere fact that you are here says something about your ability to succeed! Sincerely you should give Pampered Chef a try and here's why:
1) You will get your investment of $90 (for the $350 valued kit) just by qualifying to be a consultant. You only have to submit 4 shows OR $1,250 in sales. Since you will make at least 20% commission on those sales you will make back more than you invest in the kit. A qualifying show is only a minimum of $150 in guest sales (x 20%=$30 x 4shows = $120 minimum commissions)
2) You love our products! You're not alone. Customers know that PC stands behind their products with guarantees of no less than 1 year and have an excellent reputation and customer service.
3) Excitement is contagious, your enthusiasm will have others asking to look at catalogs, book shows. Wear one of our pins, "Ask Me About Pampered Chef".
4) This is an excellent time to start your business. The incentives have just been announced, you get a bonus for signing up this month and qualifying AND can start earning your trip to the Bahamas!!!

Let me ask you, are you currently working with a recruiter? If not, PLEASE let me call you and let's get you signed up

Sincerely,
Kim Campbell

What are the benefits of choosing Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers high-quality kitchen tools and cookware that are designed to make cooking and entertaining easier and more enjoyable. Our products are also backed by a satisfaction guarantee, so you can trust that you're getting the best value for your money.

How do I know which Pampered Chef product is right for me?

We offer a variety of products for different cooking needs, so it's important to consider your specific needs and preferences. Our website and catalog also provide detailed product descriptions and customer reviews to help you make an informed decision.

What sets Pampered Chef products apart from other kitchen brands?

Pampered Chef is known for its innovative and high-quality products that are designed with the home cook in mind. Our products are rigorously tested and backed by research to ensure they meet the highest standards of quality and functionality.

Can I purchase Pampered Chef products in-store?

Pampered Chef products are sold exclusively through independent consultants, so you can only purchase them through a Pampered Chef party or through our website. This allows us to provide personalized customer service and support for our products.

Are there any promotions or discounts available for Pampered Chef products?

We frequently offer promotions and specials on our products, and our consultants may also offer discounts or free products as part of a party or event. You can also join our Preferred Customer Program to receive special offers and discounts on a regular basis.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jennis
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefshelley59
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
chefshelley59
  • kcmckay