• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Venting About a Pampered Chef Show at My Husband's Workplace

In summary, this woman is being very disrespectful to your husband and you. She is trying to take advantage of the open house and demand that your husband participate. She is also trying to change the date of the home party without your consent. I suggest you tell her how you feel and that you will be rescheduling the home party.
cmdtrgd
Gold Member
I can't believe how many people I know that see my business as something convienent for THEM!:mad: GRRRRR

I really need to vent on here. I've already vented with a sister consultant and on my Director's answering maching. Maybe you guys will have some ideas to get me out of this jam!

Okay, I have a show scheduled this Friday at 11:30am with the wife of my husband's boss. Not only the boss, but the business owner. Now, my husband and I have a mutual understanding. I don't bother him about taking the catalog to work and keep him totally separate from any PC dealings I have with his co-workers. He takes care of all the bills and totally supports me with what I do - emotionally, doesn't complain, etc.! You also need to know that he is a computer programmer and does not like people that much.:p I am also a substitute teacher and scheduled myself a day off because of this. I have said "no" to friends who needed subs on Friday.

TODAY I get an email from the host saying she has only had two responses from guests and could we move it to next week Thursday night. That wasn't too bad. It gets worse. She tells me at the end of the email that she is going to tell everyone that we are changing the date to next week Thursday and hope that I can do it on that day. :eek: How arrogant is that? Turns out that I cannot do it Thursday night. I take tap classes and have a recital on Friday of next week. The dress rehearsal is on Thursday and I really need to go - I'm in four numbers!

And now...(drumroll please)...the bombshell. The reason she wants to change it to next week on Thursday is because it is the company's open house and she knows "a lot of people will be there". So, not only will I lose the live show opportunity, but, it will be infringing on my husband's work place. I can just see the ladies going over to his desk on Friday "Your wife sells PC? Could you bring me a catalog?" "Here's my orderform - I didn't leave it last night." etc., etc., etc!!!! I can also see people feeling like they have to buy stuff - which makes it even harder for him to work there! If you've ever worked in a cubicle office environment, you know what I mean!

The stupid thing I did was to tell the host that I could probably set up a display even though I couldn't be there!!! I didn't think about having it at his workplace and how it would effect him! I quickly forwarded the email to him saying how sorry I was and I didn't think it through and does he have any suggestions on how to focus her on the Friday date.

Does anyone have suggestions? I don't want to lose this show because she has lots of friends with lots of expendable income. I really don't want to lose out on future bookings - which I would if she cancells Friday. And I don't see how I can do the display at his work without totally screwing things up.

HELP!:confused:

Ok here's my idea!!Well it seems to me that you and your husband have a deal. There's no way around that, you have to live with him and respect his wishes.
This woman apparently doesn't understand that you don't want to bring your work into your husband's work place so I suggest you tell her.
Here's an idea:
First since there will be an open house I suggest you get her some catalogs and order forms and tell her this will really help her sales if she can gather orders at the open house. When people place orders make sure to tell her that your husband is not in any way connected to this show and that you don't want to bother him at work so all orders must be returned to:
Your name
your address
or
they can shoot you an email or give you a call!!!

Second reschedule the home party for another day that works for both of you. Tell her that the home party will boost sales even more and that way you can cook a tasty recipe for her and her friends and family to sample. Tell her you would love to work on a guest list with her, and look at her wish list. This will encourage her to set her goals higher (depending on what she wants for FREE)!! Let her know that outside orders as well as a cooking show are always good steps to a successful show.
Never be afraid or intimidated to let hosts know how you work and why!
It never hurts to be honest and it might even show her that you are running a business not just some little hobby on the side!! Tell her that you only have certain days for shows because you have a life! But maybe not in those words! :p Good luck!!!

Debbie

Debbie,Thanks so much! Your suggestions are wonderful and easy for me to put into words! Sometimes it is how you say things, not what you say.I have been running around the house like crazy today with all this frustration energy. I guess something good has come of it :) I'm trying to keep the Friday show and/or reschedule it for very soon. I'll let you know what comes of it.

Update: We had the show on Thursday during the day - 8 people total and all from my husband's work. She did not send out any invitations. I lent her some items and gave her catalogs and order forms to take to the open house that evening. No orders from the open house. I was also able to tell her that I keep my business separate from my husband and I felt it was a bit of a conflict of interest. I'm not sure how I was able to work that one in, but I did, and without being rude. She does not want to get any other orders and her show total is at $183.75. A few people did buy HWC items, but they all wanted the cups and squares - noone was willing to do a catalog show to get them. All together I was able to avoid future problems with my husband and his work, but not a stellar show. I was hoping to break into the higher income society where people had a bit more money to throw around. Who knows - the host might spend a bundle!The best part is that I was able to talk to my husband about this and handle it in a professional way. I think he now sees this business in a different light.

Be sure to call everyone and thank them for coming to the show. Tell them that you are giving away a free Cooking Show/Class. You can say each month, you put all of your customer's name into a drawing.

Once their products arrive, also give them an "out of the box" call.

Some shows aren't going to be great, but the most important part is that things are ok with your husband.

1. Can I vent about a Pampered Chef show at my husband's workplace?

Yes, you are allowed to vent about a Pampered Chef show at your husband's workplace. However, please make sure to do so in a respectful and appropriate manner.

2. How should I handle any negative comments or feedback from my husband's coworkers?

If you encounter any negative comments or feedback from your husband's coworkers, it is best to remain calm and professional. You can politely address their concerns and offer to answer any questions they may have about Pampered Chef.

3. Can I promote my Pampered Chef business at my husband's workplace?

No, you are not allowed to promote your Pampered Chef business at your husband's workplace. This includes handing out business cards, flyers, or samples. It is important to respect your husband's workplace and their policies.

4. What should I do if my husband's coworkers show interest in hosting a Pampered Chef show?

If your husband's coworkers show interest in hosting a Pampered Chef show, you can provide them with your contact information and let them know that you would be happy to discuss the details with them outside of the workplace. It is important to follow the proper guidelines and procedures for hosting a show.

5. Can I use my husband's workplace as a venue for a Pampered Chef show?

No, you are not allowed to use your husband's workplace as a venue for a Pampered Chef show. It is important to respect the policies and rules of your husband's workplace and find a different location for your show.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
sherri lynn
Replies
Views
bostonbelle
  • ChefMommyof3Boys
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
chefa