• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Last-Minute Bridal Show Prep: Mandarin Pasta Salad & Strawberry Spinach Salad

In summary, the person is preparing for a Bride Show and is making two salads - Mandarin Pasta Salad and Strawberry Spinach Salad. They have run into a problem because they only have one serving bowl and are wondering if they can use a large stainless steel bowl for the second salad. The expert recommends using the stainless steel bowl as long as it is thoroughly cleaned and dried before use. They also suggest using a large glass mixing bowl or plastic container if needed.
chef_leeanne
Silver Member
I'm leaving to do a Bride Show in a couple hours. I'm making the Mandarin Pasta Salad, using the large SA bowl. Here is my problem, I'm also making the Strawberry Spinach Salad. I don't have another serving bowl! Could I use the large stainless steel bowl?, or will the stainless steel do funky things to the strawberries or the dressing, because it has white wine vinegar?

I can't believe I'm down to the wire and just now thought of this!!! :eek:

TIA

Lee Anne

If it's served out of there pretty quickly, it should be ok. We did that at a cluster meeting for one of the salads and it looked ok as long as it didn't sit in there too long. Use the stainless steel bowl for whichever one is served 2nd so it doesn't have to sit in there as long. Good luck!

You could also use your large colander bowl with lid

It is white also

Thanks girls - I used the SS bowl and all was fine! Heck, it was gone in minutes!! :p

whiteyteresa-- I thought about the large colander bowl but in my mind, thought it might be hard to "stir" everything up. But thanks for giving me that option! ;)

Thanks again!

Lee Anne

Hi Lee Anne, congratulations on your upcoming Bride Show! That's so exciting. As for your dilemma, I totally understand the last minute stress and planning. In a pinch, you can definitely use the large stainless steel bowl for your Strawberry Spinach Salad. The stainless steel material will not affect the strawberries or dressing in any way. Just make sure to thoroughly clean and dry the bowl before using it. Another option is to use a large glass mixing bowl or even a clean, large plastic container. The important thing is to have enough space to mix and serve your salad. Good luck at the show and I hope everything goes smoothly! Happy cooking!

What ingredients are needed for the Mandarin Pasta Salad and Strawberry Spinach Salad?

The Mandarin Pasta Salad requires cooked and cooled rotini pasta, mandarin oranges, red bell pepper, green onions, and a homemade dressing made with rice vinegar, vegetable oil, sugar, and soy sauce. The Strawberry Spinach Salad calls for baby spinach, sliced strawberries, red onion, feta cheese, and a dressing made with balsamic vinegar, honey, and Dijon mustard.

Can the salads be made ahead of time?

Yes, both salads can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until serving. The Mandarin Pasta Salad can be made up to 24 hours in advance and the Strawberry Spinach Salad can be made up to 4-6 hours in advance.

Are there any substitutions for the dressings?

Yes, for the Mandarin Pasta Salad, you can substitute the homemade dressing with a store-bought Asian-style dressing. For the Strawberry Spinach Salad, you can use a poppy seed dressing instead of the balsamic honey Dijon dressing.

Can the salads be customized for dietary restrictions?

Yes, the Mandarin Pasta Salad can be made gluten-free by using gluten-free pasta and soy sauce. For the Strawberry Spinach Salad, you can omit the feta cheese for a dairy-free option or use a dairy-free alternative. Additionally, both salads can be made vegetarian by omitting any meat ingredients.

How many servings does each salad recipe make?

The Mandarin Pasta Salad recipe yields 8-10 servings, while the Strawberry Spinach Salad recipe yields 4-6 servings. However, this may vary depending on the serving size and individual appetite.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • JAE
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jenf
  • natural