• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help Needed! Debbie Seeks Answer to Stoneware Brick Recipe Question

In summary, to properly season your stoneware brick, rinse it with warm water, dry it, and rub it with vegetable oil. It cannot be used in the microwave or on the stovetop, and should be cleaned with warm water and a gentle scrub brush. To prevent sticking, season it before use and avoid using metal utensils.
DebbieSM
One of my customers just called me and asked a question I cannot find the answer to. One of her PC recipes calls for using a stoneware brick. She said the recipe is made with cake mix. Does anyone know what the Stoneware Brick is?

Thanks,
Debbie :confused:

We don't sell a Brick, haven't in the 15 1/2 years I've been with the company. l

Sorry, I haven't either and I had catalogs back to 1992. Maybe she can give us the recipe to look up and see. Did she tell you what book or the recipe name. Let me know and we can all check it out . ;)

Maybe it's the loaf pan? I suppose loaves sorta look like bricks! LOL!!

Actually to be honest with you, the loaf pan was the first thing I thought of. I asked her what the recipe was because I was going to just look up the recipe. She was calling me from her cell phone and she couldn't remember. She wasn't mad she just sounded a little agitated because she acted as if PC had it's own lingo for their products that only consultants know. Well she was making recipe today, and she was going to use a cake pan. I just hope it works out for her.

Thanks for the input,
Debbie :) :) :)

1. How do I properly season my stoneware brick before using it?

To season your stoneware brick, simply rinse it with warm water and dry it thoroughly. Then, rub a small amount of vegetable oil over the entire surface of the brick. Place it in a cold oven and set the temperature to 400°F. Let it bake for one hour and then turn off the oven and let it cool completely before removing the brick. Your stoneware brick is now ready to use!

2. Can I use my stoneware brick in the microwave?

No, stoneware bricks are not safe to use in the microwave. They are designed to be used in conventional ovens only.

3. How do I clean my stoneware brick?

Cleaning your stoneware brick is easy! Simply rinse it with warm water and use a gentle scrub brush or scraper to remove any stuck-on food. Avoid using soap or other harsh chemicals as they can damage the seasoning on the brick. If necessary, you can also use a mixture of baking soda and water to remove stubborn stains.

4. Can I use my stoneware brick on the stovetop?

No, stoneware bricks are not safe to use on the stovetop. They are designed to be used in the oven only.

5. How do I prevent my food from sticking to the stoneware brick?

To prevent food from sticking to your stoneware brick, make sure to properly season it before use. You can also lightly coat the surface with oil or cooking spray before placing food on it. Avoid using metal utensils on the brick, as they can scratch the surface and make it more prone to sticking.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• foodygirl
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
  • DebinIA
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • KristinS
  • Recipes and Tips