1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need healthy super starter recipe

1. I am a new consultant and my first host is a vegetarian. I am thinking about the antipasto vegetable pizza from the s/s 2006 SB but she prefers a whole wheat crust if I can do it. Any ideas on a product or recipe I can use for the crust or any other healthy recipes that I can do with just the tools from the super starter kit would be appreciated.

Feb 18, 2006
  2. stephanieboyd

stephanieboyd Member Gold Member

What about the Garden Ranch Pizza? Use the low fat cresent rolls instead of the regular ones. I don't know if you will find any of the refrigerated items in whole wheat, but keep an open mind. Try to adjust the recipe/cooking time to the hosts preferences. Maybe use her favorite whole wheat pizza crust to be incorporated into the PC pizza recipes? Obviously, the cooking time will have to be decreased...but it might be interesting!! Look at CC for vegetarian recipes to match what your host needs--do a recipe search you might find the perfect recipe!!!

Feb 18, 2006
  3. Cindycooks

Cindycooks Veteran Member Silver Member

We had the Antipasto Pizza you are talkng about at our cluster meeting on Sunday night, and it is awesome! I am definitely gonna offer it at my shows from now on, and the girl that made it said it was super easy. I was gonna suggest the Garden Ranch Pizza too. Can you find whole wheat pizza crusts in the tube like we use???

Feb 18, 2006
  4. I made the antipasto pizza the other night with the regular pillsbury pizza crust and it was wonderful. :p I wonder if I could use a portion of whole wheat bread dough? Either that or maybe a whole wheat crust mix from the organic/natural section of the supermarket. Has anyone ever tried any of these options?

Feb 20, 2006
  5. RachelNguyen

RachelNguyen Guest

Since the antipasto pizza requires you prebake the crust, it would be a simple matter to substitute a whole wheat premade crust from the natural foods store. They probably come frozen, so you can defrost it on the stoneware and show off how well it works!

Then, just cool and top like you would any other crust.

I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine it would be a problem for someone who likes whole wheat!

Love,
    Rachel

Feb 20, 2006
  6. its_me_susan

its_me_susan Senior Member

Do they sell them in a tube (whole wheat)????? So excited!!!! My bar pan has finally seasoned so well that pizza crust is amazing!!!

I make this creamy caramel apple braid with 1/3 fat cream cheese, and reduced fat crescent dough, and serve with Fat free vanilla yogurt or ice cream. It is delicious!

Attached Files:

Feb 20, 2006
  7. I just made the traditional taco ring from All the Best for my family tonight (half of whom are vegetarian). I substituted frozen Morningstar Farms burger style crumbles for ground beef & it was fantastic! This might even be a better way to do this recipe for a show- no messy ground beef browning, no danger of e-coli contamination. Not exactly health conscious with the crescents & cheese, but totally yummy.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
    Feb 21, 2006
Have something to add?