• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Grill Pan/Press Recipes for Steak

In summary, the best way to season a grill pan for cooking steak is to rub a small amount of vegetable oil onto the surface of the pan before heating it. This will create a non-stick surface and prevent the steak from sticking to the pan. A grill pan can be used to cook various cuts of steak, and it is important to adjust the cooking time and temperature for each cut. Preheating the pan is also important to ensure even cooking and create grill marks. Using a grill press can add pressure and create perfect grill marks. Some recommended recipes for cooking steak on a grill pan include marinated flank steak, peppercorn crusted ribeye, and balsamic glazed sirloin. Experimenting with different seasonings and
ariel53098
I have the grill pan and press and have NEVER used it (Sad, I know). I really want to do steak for DH when he comes home late next week but I don't know how.
Please make sure you include details (like do i need to use the meat tenderizer, etc) if possible. I'm a klutz in the kitchen. :)
TIA!
Rachel

If you have a good piece of steak, just marinade (for a couple hours in a plastic bag in the fridge) or rub on one of our seasonings. Preheat your grill pan and press and then slap the steak on the pan and put the press on top. Depending on how he likes his steak, flip and cook on the other side. Rare - about 2 min per side.
Med Rare - about 3 min per side
Med 4-5 min per side
med well - about 5 min per side
Well-6-7 min per side.

a simple marinade is Italian salad dressing, or add our rubs to vinegar and olive oil.

BE SURE TO PREHEAT your Grill Pan & Grill Press for 5 minutes on medium heat, or your meat will stick to it.

i absolutely hated mine til I did this. the clean up is much easier if you preheat before you cook.

Thanks! I'm going to try something this weekend! :)

I've been meaning to reply for quite a while. I tried some Lawry's marinade and the cooking times listed and it was soooooooooooooo good!!!! Thanks so much! I'm currently cooking it for the 4th time! :)
Rachel

What is the best way to season a grill pan for cooking steak?

The best way to season a grill pan for cooking steak is to rub a small amount of vegetable oil onto the surface of the pan before heating it. This will create a non-stick surface and prevent the steak from sticking to the pan.

Can I use a grill pan to cook different cuts of steak?

Yes, a grill pan can be used to cook various cuts of steak such as ribeye, filet mignon, and sirloin. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time and temperature according to the thickness and desired level of doneness for each cut.

Do I need to preheat the grill pan before cooking steak?

Yes, it is important to preheat the grill pan before cooking steak to ensure even cooking and to create those desirable grill marks. Preheat the pan on medium-high heat for 5-7 minutes before adding the steak.

Can I use a grill press when cooking steak on a grill pan?

Yes, a grill press can be used to add pressure and create those perfect grill marks on the steak. Place the grill press on top of the steak while cooking and flip the steak halfway through cooking to get grill marks on both sides.

What are some recommended recipes for cooking steak on a grill pan?

Some popular recipes for cooking steak on a grill pan include marinated flank steak, peppercorn crusted ribeye, and balsamic glazed sirloin. You can also experiment with different seasonings and marinades to create your own unique flavors.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookingwithdawn
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
GinaG623
  • JanisF
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • dorothyb58