• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Get Creative Ideas for Your Next Open House Event - No Cooking Required!

BUT WE NEED A GAME TO PLAY WITH IT!SO I INVITE EVERYONE TO JOIN ME IN A GAME OF QUEEN OF THE SHOPPERS.THE RULES ARE SIMPLE:1. ONE PERSON WINS THE PRIZE IF THEY CAN GET TO THE FINAL PAGE OF QUEEN OF THE SHOPPERS WITH THE HIGHEST SCORE BEFORE ANYONE ELSE.2. ALL OTHER PLAYERS CAN GAIN POINTS IF THEY CAN HELP THE FIRST PLAYER SCORE HIGH.3. THE FIRST PLAYER CAN GAIN POINTS BY COLLECTING PRIZES, BUT THEY CAN ONLY CAPTURE ONE PRIZE AT A TIME.
Sara Dawn
I don't know why I even bother posting in here because it seems that all my posts go unanswered. I just need some fresh new ideas for games and such for an open house type event. I have one every change of season. I rent a space since my house is just too tiny. No way of cooking anything. I usually have the same people and a few new ones so I just need something totally different.I'm just getting so discouraged and I feel like I am spinning my wheels. Sometimes I wonder if I should just give it up all together and save me the trouble.

Hi Sara,I am sorry you have hit a bit of a rut. What games have you done so far?

Admin Greg said:
Hi Sara,I am sorry you have hit a bit of a rut. What games have you done so far?
I have done the Queen of Shoppers game but named it Champion of Shoppers since I do have men that attend. I have played points games, I have done a recipe game where they fill in the product. I have played the left right game which is kind of difficult with a large group.I want to keep it interesting so all the games are starting to get old.

Could you do a cooking class at your house? Those are best kept to a smaller number. I have done cooking classes in the past with about 4 people and they were very successful.Or, a freezer workshop. There is no cooking involved - just assembling meals into freezer bags. It entails a pre-order of the seasonings and guests bring the ingredients for the meals to be assembled.Here is a link to a post on here about it:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/threads/freezer-show.81964/I know there were unofficial versions floating around - but I am almost certain Pampered Chef put out some official variations. I am no longer a consultant, so I am not sure what is still available on CC for this. Anyone know?

kam said:
Could you do a cooking class at your house? Those are best kept to a smaller number. I have done cooking classes in the past with about 4 people and they were very successful.Or, a freezer workshop. There is no cooking involved - just assembling meals into freezer bags. It entails a pre-order of the seasonings and guests bring the ingredients for the meals to be assembled.Here is a link to a post on here about it:
http://www.chefsuccess.com/threads/freezer-show.81964/I know there were unofficial versions floating around - but I am almost certain Pampered Chef put out some official variations. I am no longer a consultant, so I am not sure what is still available on CC for this. Anyone know?
Thank you for your suggestions. It is kind of hard to have anything at my house. I really have no room and we live out in the middle of no where so it is kind of hard to find. I have tried offering freezer meal workshops and no one seems interested. Some suggested in a group I am in on Facebook to maybe try the Salad In a Jar deal. I have been leaning towards that as something different but need some games and other fun stuff to go with it.

There are alot of ideas on YouTube

Erin Bender said:
There are alot of ideas on YouTube
Got some favorites to link us?

Have you done a Mystery Host where someone attending gets the host benefits?

DebPC said:
Have you done a Mystery Host where someone attending gets the host benefits?
Yes with each new season when I have the party I always make it mystery host.

Does that mean I am boring because I don't do games at my parties? I'm wondering how many do games versus do not?

Don't do many games, most people are active with the station-style show. I use Queen of the Shoppers because I goes quick and guests enjoy 'stealing' the Season's Best. You could always plant questions with guests. I have had guests interrupt the party by calling out and sharing the guest specials and the upcoming host specials.

So now I'm curious. How does "Queen (or Champion) of the Shoppers" go?

This is the latest version I found. I don't know who has written any of them including this latest version. I use it I read it over to feel the 'flow' for me. Sometimes guests discover that the products are actually listed on more than one page and that may not be listed within the game. I update my file when that happens.QUEEN OF THE SHOPPERS GAME FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2016LET’S PLAY A GAME, AND START WITH THE FIRST TO ARRIVE, (HAND THE PRIZE EX. SEASON’S BEST TO THAT PERSON)NOW THE PRIZE IS NICE, BUT IT WON’T STAY LONG, WHEN SOMEONE FINDS EACH ITEM, YOU HAVE TO PASS IT ALONG.ACROSS THE BOTTOM OR UP ON THE SIDE, OUR PIZZA AND CRUST CUTTER, SLICES FAR AND WIDEPg 24CHEESE AND CRACKERS HAVE NEVER LOOKED SO GOOD, AS ON OUR BAMBOO PLATTER, AND NOPE THEY AREN’T WOOD. Pg 28MICROWAVE, OVEN, BURNER, BROILER AND GRILL, OUR ROCKCROKS ARE SURE TO THRILL PG 32THROW IN THE LETTUCE, VEGGIES AND MEAT, ‘CAUSE USING YOUR SALAD CHOPPER IF PRETTY NEAT! Pg 27 and 49CLEAN EATING IS YOUR GOAL AND LEAVE OFF THE FAT, WITH OUR DOUBLE BURNER GRILL PAN, YOU CAN DO JUST THAT! Pg 40LIKE IT , LOVE IT, GET IT FREE, HOST YOUR OWN PARTY FOR YOUR PAMPERED CHEF SHOPPING SPREE back coverSANGRIA FOR MOM OR KOOLAID FOR KIDS, OUR QUICK STIR PITCHERS HAVE PLUNGERS IN THE LIDS pg 15 and 26LIKE COMBINING HOUSE AND CAR WHEN YOU TALK TO FLO, SAVING WITH OUR EXECUTIVE NONSTICK SETS IS THE WAY TO GO, pg 38 and 39WE CAN TAKE OUR VEGGIES AND STRIP WITH EASE, OUR VEGGIE STRIP MAKER IS NEVER A TEASE, pg 16COVER AND STACK AND STRAP ‘EM IN, OUR KEEP IT HOT CARRIERS ARE A SURE WIN pg 32YOU’LL GET CATALOGS AND PRODUCTS AND SUPPORT FROM ALL OF US, HAVING YOUR OWN BUSINESS IS REALLY A PLUS pg 62 AND 63NOW HERE IS WHERE THE GIFT WILL STAY! THIS ITEM CAN COOK A PIZZA AND MAKES FUN ICE CREAM, TOO. IS THIS GAME ALMOST OVER? IT CANNOT BE TRUE!CONGRATULATIONS, TAKE THE GIFT HOME WITH YOU!BECAUSE YOU’RE THE QUEEN OF THE SHOPPERS …WOOOOHOOOOO

The space you rent for your open house, do you have access to a sink or stove? If so, you could try doing a Salad in a jar workshop and turn it into a station style show. That way people will get the hands on experience and you won't have to do a game. If you're not abl to a SIJ type show, a game you could try is having different products in a basket or box. Each person will have to close their eyes and will get x amount of time to feel the prodcuts. Then have them list what items they think are in it. The person with the most correct answers wins. It's like a game you'd play for baby shower, but instead of baby items it's kitchen products.

Look under FILES for Everyone's a Winner, also known as the Dice Game. Ask if you want suggestions about this - I have done it very successfully, and it breaks up the monotony of 'parlour games' others do.

scottcooks said:
Look under FILES for Everyone's a Winner, also known as the Dice Game. Ask if you want suggestions about this - I have done it very successfully, and it breaks up the monotony of 'parlour games' others do.
Thank you very much! I will look into that! I'm always looking for something new to try out.

I rarely do games but have always started shows with "introduce yourself and then tell us what is your favorite PC product?" If there is a large group then I weave it within my show. I do a mix of traditional parties and Station Parties. I give the host a choice. (Just my personal way of creating a comfort with my hosts). Doing this share gets the crowd talking and selling the products because they can't live without their favorite.

What are some fresh new recipe ideas for dinner?

Some fresh new dinner ideas include homemade pizza, stuffed bell peppers, chicken stir-fry, roasted vegetable quinoa bowls, and zucchini noodles with marinara sauce.

What are some quick and easy breakfast ideas?

Some quick and easy breakfast ideas include overnight oats, avocado toast with eggs, smoothie bowls, breakfast burritos, and yogurt parfaits.

What are some healthy snack options?

Some healthy snack options include fresh fruit with nut butter, hummus and veggies, homemade energy balls, Greek yogurt with granola, and air-popped popcorn.

What are some creative dessert ideas?

Some creative dessert ideas include grilled fruit skewers with chocolate drizzle, homemade ice cream sandwiches, fruit salsa with cinnamon chips, Nutella-stuffed strawberries, and baked apples with cinnamon crumble.

What are some ways to incorporate more vegetables into meals?

Some ways to incorporate more vegetables into meals include making vegetable-based soups or stews, adding veggies to pasta dishes or casseroles, making cauliflower rice or zucchini noodles, and using veggies as toppings for pizza or in wraps or sandwiches.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• juliaskitchenfun
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies
Views
scottcooks
  • lisasfuncooking