• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director Fabulous Party Ideas for a Ru Paul's Happy Drag Race Themed Event on June 9th

I just had people grab a piece and eat it. If people want to do it that way, that's totally fine. I think it would be a lot of fun to do it that way and see what people think. The Pink Panty Pull Downs are a dessert where you pull down your pants and eat them.
Chef Kearns
Gold Member
And I do mean FABULOUS! I have a party coming up on the 9th of June for an awesome couple. They are extremely excited about their party. They already have 30 confirmed attendees!!

So, they have a theme, "Ru Pauls Happy Drag Race". I am only vaguely familiar with the show this theme is based off of. There will be Drag Queens in attendance and they have already purchase over $100 in gold decorations and stuff (over the top). So, I wanted to demo a really over the top kind of recipe. The first thing that pops into my mind is the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cup Torte, but I also wanted to offer them some savory options. Any ideas????!!

In order to handle this crowd and try to appeal to everyone I plan on have a demo station (me) and a play with it station. I will be bringing a friend to help facilitate the hands-on area. That way people who want a more traditional type of thing can chill with me and the other more boisterous can use the tools hands-on while still enjoying the party. What do you guys think about that???!

What's really awesome is that his partner is thinking about joining my team!!! SO, I want to make sure we handle this just right!

That sounds like a blast!! I've never seen the show, but this sure sounds like a fun party. This isn't over-the-top but I did one of those Cool & Serve shows where the demo entailed basically using lots of our tools to prepare fruit and I made a fruit dip. I also did a "Chicken Your Way" deal in the grill pan, but that might be too much. We used the pineapple wedger, mango wedger, veggie wedger, MFP to make the fruit dip, etc. That can be really interactive.

I'm not creative like that, but I bet others would have some great idea. What fun! I hope you get that recruit out of it!

RuPaul cracks me up! I catch parts of that show from time to time....hilarious, but not for everyone will agree with me :eek:

What about one of the brie recipes? Easy, delicious and impressive.

Greek Cheese Torta?

OR

I love the new bacon potato crisp thingys. Those are SO good. Simple, yet elegant, and yummy!

what about some cocktails. The RuPaul show is sponsored by booze companies and they make a big deal about have the such and such cocktail

I think cocktails are a good idea, the only thing is I'm afraid they're gonna have a full bar. I could do the Pink Panty Pull Downs. Those are simply delicious!!

I enjoyed eating the Potato Crisps. I haven't tried making them yet, I've heard unpleasant stories about putting them together and finding the right sized potato pieces.

Becky, do you think the Cool N Serve demo be a good one for the hands-on station?

Thanks for the ideas ladies!! Keep em coming!

Chef Kearns said:
I think cocktails are a good idea, the only thing is I'm afraid they're gonna have a full bar. I could do the Pink Panty Pull Downs. Those are simply delicious!!

I enjoyed eating the Potato Crisps. I haven't tried making them yet, I've heard unpleasant stories about putting them together and finding the right sized potato pieces.

Becky, do you think the Cool N Serve demo be a good one for the hands-on station?

Thanks for the ideas ladies!! Keep em coming!

What are the Pink Pany Pull Downs? :eek:

I think it would be pretty good. You could incorporate more too. You/they could use the pineapple wedger, mango wedger, avocado peeler for the mango, core & more to make melon/cantaloupe balls, other side to hull strawberries, knives to slice pineapple & mango into chunks, MFP to make the Hawaiian Fruit Dip from All the Best (instead of using crushed pineapple, we had a small can of the pineapple chunks instead so you could use that first in the MFP to slice/dice up the pineapple ,but add a little of the juice from the can too, then continue with recipe), crinkle cutter to cut other types of fruit (watermelon, honeydew), etc. If you want to cut the expense down (it's getting better because summer is coming, but sometimes around here fruit can be expensive), maybe one side can be fruit and the fruit dip and the other side can be veggies and a dip made with a seasoning/grill rub.

For my demo, I did most of the fruit ahead of time (not the pineapple, I did the whole thing as the demo) and left a few of each to demo. I didn't do it hands on unless people wanted to try. But if you have a bunch of people doing each thing at once, it would go pretty fast to get all the fruit in the Cool & Serve. Or instead of the fruit dip, they could do the fresh salsa in the MFP. That's impressive too.

Oooh you can even do the A/P/C/S to do apples and have them to have with the dip or just do the apple wedger.

Beth, the Pink Panty Pull-Downs are so yummy and absolutely dangerous. They are sweet and taste like punch. It goes down so smooth and easy, you could drink a ton of it before you realize. Then you'll be on the stage singing and pulling down your pink panties! LOL!!

Pink Panty Pull Downs

1 Can frozen pink lemonade
2 beers
2 fruity wine coolers
8 oz. of Vodka, tequila, or rum
Serve over ice

Chef Kearns said:
Beth, the Pink Panty Pull-Downs are so yummy and absolutely dangerous. They are sweet and taste like punch. It goes down so smooth and easy, you could drink a ton of it before you realize. Then you'll be on the stage singing and pulling down your pink panties! LOL!!

Pink Panty Pull Downs

2 beers
2 fruity wine coolers
Serve over ice

I STILL have to make these!!!!

Chef Kearns said:

Pink Panty Pull Downs

2 beers
2 fruity wine coolers
Serve over ice

I just call them Pink Panties...this name sounds naughtier!!!:D

1. What is "Need Fabulous Ideas"?

"Need Fabulous Ideas" is a platform that provides creative and innovative ideas for various aspects of life, such as fashion, home decor, travel, and more. It is a source of inspiration for individuals looking to add a touch of fabulousness to their lives.

2. How can "Need Fabulous Ideas" help me?

"Need Fabulous Ideas" can help you by providing unique and creative ideas for different areas of your life. Whether you are looking for a new outfit, a home renovation project, or a travel destination, this platform can give you the inspiration you need to make it fabulous.

3. Is "Need Fabulous Ideas" free to use?

Yes, "Need Fabulous Ideas" is completely free to use. You can access all the ideas and content on the platform without any cost. We believe that everyone should have access to fabulous ideas, regardless of their financial situation.

4. Can I contribute my own ideas to "Need Fabulous Ideas"?

Yes, we encourage our users to share their own fabulous ideas with us. You can submit your ideas through our website or social media platforms, and we may feature them on our platform, giving you credit for your contribution.

5. How often is "Need Fabulous Ideas" updated?

We update "Need Fabulous Ideas" regularly with new and fresh content. Our team is constantly working to provide our users with the latest and most fabulous ideas. You can also subscribe to our newsletter to stay updated on new content and features.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Amanda Goode
  • almondfarm
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • towerbabel
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies