• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Exploring Outer Space at Fall Carnival: Ideas & More!

but is for a "space" themed carnival. I am thinking of doing a "guess the recipe" game. I will have a list of recipes on a sheet, with room for name and tel. no. of person guessing. The prize would be a PC voucher. I would get a list of names to follow up after the event - to ask if they would like to see how to make the recipe. I will also make a "space" cake with the batter bowl. Just icing it with yellow icing and add orange jelly beans to add the "hot spots". I could use the round stones as "spaceships". You could get table tents and label these at such....Thanks
Cindycooks
Silver Member
Im am all confirmed for getting to set up a booth at our fall carnival at the elem school where I work! Each year there is a different theme (not your typical "fall" theme). This year - its "OUTER SPACE"....so I want to make my table sorta a space theme too! I am going to have 3 or 4 catalogs cut up and in clear pages in notebooks. Order forms there if parents want to order right then and there. A sign up sheet to be on my mailing list if they want a catalog. There are 400 kids in the school and nearly everyone comes to the carnival. Instead of sending catalogs home with every kid, I am going to copy/paste our most popular items on flyers and send it home in a packet with each child. I am also going to include my website address and the flyer on calculating outside orders from this website. I am going to put a closing date of 2 weeks on these orders, including them with the ones the night of the fair. Then - if things are going well, in our schools next newsletter, they are allowing my PC website and info to be included to keep the fundraiser going again - in other words, start it over and I can submit everytime we reach $600 so that they get 15%. WOW I am wordy, this is the way I get at 11:30 at night when I cant sleep and am thinking PC!
Anyway - what do you think? Will this work, I have been trying to think of the ways to do this best...
Now back to my original question - any space theme ideas? I'm thinking of making the hersheys kisses cookies recipe from the mini-muffin pan only with white kisses & putting the little silver sprinkles on them - maybe this will look sorta like a mini space ship. Hand these out, I can make bunches ahead and freeze them. Someone else told me to fill the QSPitcher half-way with water, add glittery star & moon confetti, tape it shut and let the kids plunge away. Cute huh! Any other ideas? Whew! Now Im going to bed!

Cute!What about "Guess Buzz Lightyear's Favourite Recipe". If you could beg/steal/borrow a Buzz toy, then put a list of PC recipes on a sheet with room for Name and Tel. No. of person guessing. Charge them a nominal fee per guess (proceeds to charity if you would rather) with the prize being a PC voucher. You would get a list of names to follow up after the event - to ask if they would like you to show them how to make the recipe they put their name against by them hosting a show.

Yvonne

You could have a flyer that says "OUR PRODUCTS ARE OUT OF THIS WORLD, host a fundraiser, or host a show and find out why"

Also, you could use black tablecloths with silver overlays... I mentioned this only because I saw in Walmart these tablecloths for $5.00.

You could use the stainless steel bowls and display them as "planets". The big one is Jupiter, the middle on Earth and the small one Mars...
As we have 6 prep bowls...separate into 3's and stack one on top of the other so you have 3 bowls on the table and each bowl has only one prep bowl on top...grap straws or tooth picks and make "martians" and place them in front of the "planets"..

If you are allowed to bring food...make a "sun" cake with the batter bowl. Just icing it with yellow icing and add orange jelly beans to add the "hot spots"

Use the round stones as "spaceships"...
You could get table tents and label these at such....
Oh...here is another idea...if you have time...I use these on all my displays...
go to Walmart, and you can purchase (in the bridal section) the Wilton Dyable Ice- they look like diamonds, so its huge at my bridal shows...but you could put them all throughout your display and use them as "stars"....

Just a few ideas for you...hope it helps!
Cheers,
Angela

If you can have food there, there's a really cute spaceship cake you can make the with the batter bowl. It's in the Celebrate Cookbook on pg. 113. It looks a little complicated, but it's cute. If you can't have food, you can make it at home and take a picture if it turns out. It would go along perfectly with your theme! :)

thanks....Thanks for all the suggestions so far! You all are awesome! One thing I did come up with, I may need to still play with the wording a little, is in our schools Sept newsletter - I am going to say something like "We are LAUNCHING our fall fundraiser and it is going to be Out Of This World"....

1. What types of activities can be included in an Outer Space themed Fall Carnival?

Some ideas for activities at an Outer Space themed Fall Carnival include a moon bounce, a "take off" photo booth, a rocket ship building station, a meteor toss game, and a scavenger hunt for space-related objects.

2. How can we decorate for an Outer Space themed Fall Carnival?

Decorations can include hanging planets and stars, inflatable aliens, a large cardboard rocket ship, and space-themed banners and signs. You can also incorporate black lights and neon colors to create a galactic atmosphere.

3. What are some creative food ideas for an Outer Space themed Fall Carnival?

Some fun food ideas for an Outer Space themed Fall Carnival include "moon rock" candy, "alien slime" punch, "rocket ship" sandwiches, and "galaxy" cupcakes. You can also serve freeze-dried astronaut food for a unique experience.

4. How can we incorporate educational elements into our Outer Space themed Fall Carnival?

You can include educational elements by setting up a "planet facts" table where attendees can learn interesting information about each planet. You can also have a trivia game with space-related questions or have a guest speaker give a presentation on space exploration.

5. Are there any safety precautions we should take when planning an Outer Space themed Fall Carnival?

Yes, it's important to ensure that all activities and decorations are safe for attendees. Make sure any inflatables are properly secured and have adult supervision for all games and activities. If using black lights, make sure the area is well-lit and free of any tripping hazards. And as always, have a first aid station and trained staff on hand in case of any accidents.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• erinhoward
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
erinhoward
  • starrmarie
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • whoismelissa