• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for a Delicious Death by Chocolate Trifle Recipe?

In summary, a trifle bowl recipe was requested that can be left overnight. A recipe for Double Chocolate Mocha Trifle was suggested that includes brownie mix, white chocolate instant pudding, warm water, whipped topping, and toffee bars. Another option is an Easy Chocolate Trifle that uses chocolate cake mix, cold milk, chocolate flavor instant pudding, whipped topping, and chocolate-covered English toffee bars. Lastly, a combination of brownies and chocolate cake with pudding, whipped topping, and chopped Heath Bar is an option, although it is not known if it will hold up overnight.
pcjulie
I know I saw on a post somewhere a recipe for a death by chocolate recipe for the trifle bowl that involved choc. cake or brownies, pudding, heath bars, etc. Can anyone please share a recipe like that, and let me know if it can sit overnight. Thank you!

That's so funny - I was just looking for the same one! Here is one I've found so far....I'm making this for a Super Bowl Party this weekend!DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MOCHA TRIFLE1 package (18.25oz) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
1 ¾ cup cold milk
2 packages (3.4oz each) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
¼ cup warm water
4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
3 toffee bars (1.5 ounces each)1. Lightly spray 9”x13” Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to the cake-like package directions. Cool completely.2. In Classic 2-Qt Batter Bowl, whisk pudding mix into milk using 10” Whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Dissolve coffee granules in warm water; add to pudding mixture, mixing well. Fold in whipped topping using Super Scraper. 3. Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes. 4. Chop toffee bars using Food Chopper. 5. Layer 1/3 of brownie cubes onto bottom of Chillzanne® Bowl. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture, pressing lightly, and 1/3 of chopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times. 6. Chill 30 minutes before serving.Yield 12 servings
NOTE: Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling may be substituted for white chocolate pudding, if desired.

Here's oneDouble Chocolate Mocha Trifle-Season's Best 1997

1 package brownie mix (18.25 oz)
1 3/4 cup cold milk
2 pkgs (3.4 oz each) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
1/4 cup warm water
2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 toffee bars (1.5 oz each) coarsley chopped

Lightly spray 9x13 Baker with vegetable oil spray. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to cake-like package directions. Cool completely. In Classic 2-QT Batter Bowl, whisk pudding mix into milk using shisk until mixture begins to thicken. Dissolve coffee granules in warm water; add to pudding mixture, mixing well. Fold in whipped topping using Super Scraper. Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes using Serrated Bread Knife. Chop toffee bars using Food Chpper. Layer 1/3 brownie cubes onto bottom of Trifle Bowl. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture, pressing lightly and 1/3 of chopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times. Chill 30 minutes before serving.

Recipe said to use Chillzanne Bowl, I just typed in the Trifle Bowl.

I was hoping for one without coffee, if possible. Unfortunately I can detect any amount of coffee in a recipe and it totally turns me off. I'm a little odd in that way.:eek:

Here's a very easy one....

Make 2 packages of brownies in large bar pan.
Cool and cut into bite size pieces.

Make large size chocolate instant pudding...allow to set.

Fill EAD with cool whip. Fold remaining cool whip into pudding.

Place a layer of brownies in bottom of trifle bowl, spoon apprx 1/3 of pudding mixture on top of brownies.

Chop Heath Bar with food chopper, sprinkle on top of pudding.

Repeat for two more layers.

Garnish top with cool whip in EAD and make chocolate curls with Hershey bar and vegetable peeler.

I'm not sure how well it will hold up overnight, but you can make everything the night before and assemble very quickly.

I went through all my Season's Best cookbooks, and all I could find besides the other one I posted, was the Cappuccino Mousse Trifle (which of course has coffee) and the Lemon Blueberry Trifle. On the other hand, I ran across a ton of torte recipes. I'm going to check them out to see if they can be adapted to our new pans.

pcjulie said:
Can anyone please share a recipe like that, and let me know if it can sit overnight. Thank you!

IMO they taste better if they do sit overnight. It gives all the flavors a chance to mingle and soak into the cake/brownie.

Just leave the coffee out, then.

Leave the coffee out or switch it with Hot cocoa!! Yummmmmmmy!

I have made this in the past & used hot chocolate instead of coffee. It
was really good!!
Bev

pcjulie said:
I was hoping for one without coffee, if possible. Unfortunately I can detect any amount of coffee in a recipe and it totally turns me off. I'm a little odd in that way.:eek:

I have made this in the past & used hot chocolate instead of coffee. It
was really good!!
Bev

I guess I should have kept reading before I posted! Someone else had
the same idea as me!!

pcjulie said:

Chocolate Toffee TrifleFound this one on Food Network website, I might try fixing it for this weekend.

Chocolate Toffee Trifle

1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
1 (3.9-ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
1 1/2 cups milk
1/2 cup Kahlua
6 (1 1/8-ounce) Heath bars, frozen wrapped
2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped

Bake the cake in a 13 by 9-inch baking pan according to the package's directions. Pour pudding into a bowl and add milk and Kahlua; mix well. Leave Heath bars in wrappers and pound with a hammer to crush.

In a very large pretty Trifle dish or glass bowl, layer in this order:
1/2 the cake cubes
1/2 the pudding mixture
1/2 the whipped cream
1/2 the Heath bars

Repeat layers. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.

Here's the link if you'd like to print it in a recipe card format: http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_12758,00.html?rsrc=search

I just happen to be eating the Double Chocolate Mocha trifle as I was reading this. I made it last night to take to a meeting I had. It is so yummy!!!

I want to make a chocolate kahlua trifle sooo bad, but my nephews will be eating it as well (Superbowl) ....so I don't want to be giving them alcohol.....nor will they probably like the taste!

Or here's another one (this one without coffee or liquer)Easy Chocolate Trifle
Makes: 18 servings, 2/3 cup each

1 pkg. (2-layer size) chocolate cake mix
1 qt. (4 cups) cold milk
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed
4 pkg. (1.4 oz. each) chocolate-covered English toffee bars, crushed

PREPARE cake batter and bake in 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
ADD milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
LAYER half each of the cake cubes, pudding, whipped topping and crushed chocolate bars in large glass trifle bowl. Repeat all layers. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS

Size It Up
Looking for a dessert to feed a crowd? This simple, yet elegant, trifle makes enough for 18 people.

Variation
Prepare as directed, using fat free milk, JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.

Here's the link to print: http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx...word&u2=trifle&u3=**6*31&wf=9&recipe_id=66297

Aun said:
Easy Chocolate Trifle

1 qt. (4 cups) cold milk
2 pkg. (4-serving size each) JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Instant Pudding & Pie Filling

PREPARE cake batter and bake in 13x9-inch baking pan as directed on package. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
ADD milk to dry pudding mix in medium bowl. Beat with wire whisk 2 minutes or until well blended.
LAYER half each of the cake cubes, pudding, whipped topping and crushed chocolate bars in large glass trifle bowl. Repeat all layers. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS

Size It Up
Looking for a dessert to feed a crowd? This simple, yet elegant, trifle makes enough for 18 people.

Variation
Prepare as directed, using fat free milk, JELL-O Chocolate Flavor Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Reduced Calorie Pudding & Pie Filling and COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping.

Here's the link to print: http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx...word&u2=trifle&u3=**6*31&wf=9&recipe_id=66297

I saw this recipe posted earlier, but instead of cake it called for brownies...hmm..

I wonder....I wonder how it would be with both chocolate cake and brownies? Now that would be decadent!!! :D

LisaAnn said:
Here's a very easy one....

Make 2 packages of brownies in large bar pan.
Cool and cut into bite size pieces.

Make large size chocolate instant pudding...allow to set.

Fill EAD with cool whip. Fold remaining cool whip into pudding.

Place a layer of brownies in bottom of trifle bowl, spoon apprx 1/3 of pudding mixture on top of brownies.

Chop Heath Bar with food chopper, sprinkle on top of pudding.

Repeat for two more layers.

Garnish top with cool whip in EAD and make chocolate curls with Hershey bar and vegetable peeler.

I'm not sure how well it will hold up overnight, but you can make everything the night before and assemble very quickly.

This one sounds even better! I with her on the coffee thing! I can't stand coffee. Yeah......I'm weird like that.

hoosierchef said:
This one sounds even better! I with her on the coffee thing! I can't stand coffee. Yeah......I'm weird like that.

This is the one I am going to make for SuperBowl...I will post how it comes out :)

I think I am going to try this one at my valentines choc. lovers show next week! Tease them to book for March or April hopefully!

I was skeptical about a Trifle bowl, but you guys are making hungry and wanting one now!! :p

I just love my idea of rimming it with salt and making margaritas or you could do sugar and a virgin daquiri....I think that will be cute for an afternoon sip and dip!!

Aun - Thank you so much! I think I will give the Kraft recipe a try. I'm making it for family so it's not a high pressure situation!

Hey guys.. sorry to change from Sweet to not sweet...
but there are layered salad recipes too to use the trifle bowl with
In the Salad recipe card set...Seven Layer Southwestern Salad.

Aun said:
Easy Chocolate Trifle

1 qt. (4 cups) cold milk

KRAFT KITCHENS TIPS

Size It Up

Variation

This was sooooooo good! The only problem I had was that I couldn't fit the whole thing into the bowl! Maybe I should have mashed the first layer of cake down before adding the pudding and cool whip.

pcjulie said:
This was sooooooo good! The only problem I had was that I couldn't fit the whole thing into the bowl! Maybe I should have mashed the first layer of cake down before adding the pudding and cool whip.

I made this last night with the 2 brownie mixes instead of the cake...and it is sooo good! And the brownies didn't all fit, I probably could have squished them in more...but instead, I just had some leftover brownies to leave at home!

I think y'all have sold me on making this next week for our cluster meeting! Yum-o!

I made a good trifle tonight with brownies, vanilla pudding mixed with whipped topping, and strawberries. YUM-O!

And you definitely want to let your trifle sit overnight, the brownies or cake soak up some of the pudding...mmmmm!

ChefBeckyD said:
That's so funny - I was just looking for the same one! Here is one I've found so far....I'm making this for a Super Bowl Party this weekend!DOUBLE CHOCOLATE MOCHA TRIFLE1 package (18.25oz) brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
1 ¾ cup cold milk
2 packages (3.4oz each) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
¼ cup warm water
2 cups thawed frozen whipped topping
3 toffee bars (1.5 ounces each)1. Lightly spray 9”x13” Baker with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Prepare and bake brownie mix according to the cake-like package directions. Cool completely.2. In Classic 2-Qt Batter Bowl, whisk pudding mix into milk using 10” Whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Dissolve coffee granules in warm water; add to pudding mixture, mixing well. Fold in whipped topping using Super Scraper. 3. Cut brownies into 1-inch cubes. 4. Chop toffee bars using Food Chopper. 5. Layer 1/3 of brownie cubes onto bottom of Chillzanne® Bowl. Top with 1/3 of pudding mixture, pressing lightly, and 1/3 of chopped toffee. Repeat layers two more times. 6. Chill 30 minutes before serving.Yield 12 servings
NOTE: Vanilla instant pudding and pie filling may be substituted for white chocolate pudding, if desired.
I made this for the Super Bowl Party we went to - it was loved by EVERYONE! Even the kids.....I did have some changes to it though - I thought I had vanilla pudding, but it was Cheesecake pudding, so used that. I used a 1/4 cup of strong coffee w/ and extra teaspoon of instant coffee in it (instead of hot water and 4 teas. of instant) and I also included a teas. of cinnamon in the brownie mix. there were 6 adults and 4 children, and the bowl was scraped clean!
Oh - and it was one of the guys birthday, so I used extra cool whip in the EAD to decorate the top, and grated some chocolate over it, and put some candles in the top of it - it looked very pretty - definitely had a WOW factor to it! And it was so easy!

Last edited:
Lots of layers...
pcjulie said:

Julie, glad you liked the chocolate trifle recipe! So far, I've never had a recipe from the KraftFoods.com site not turn out to be good (knock on wood). I just made a "Winter Black Bean Salsa" from there the other night and it was also fantastic!

Anyway, my sister-in-law also makes a trifle with angelfood cake, vanilla or cheesecake pudding, blueberry pie filling, and cool whip (layer as directed in the other recipes) and it's really, really good also! It tastes a lot like a cheesecake when she gets done, but is easier to make.....

Somebody also mentioned doing a layered salad in the trifle bowl, there's lots of recipes for that, too. I did a search for "layered" and here are the results: http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=recipe&m=recipe/knet_recipe_grid&u1=keyword&u2=layered . Not all the recipes will work with a trifle dish, but if you mouse over the names, you can see pictures and it's easy to tell what will or won't work.

Aun said:
I wonder how it would be with both chocolate cake and brownies? Now that would be decadent!!! :D

I used just brownies in mine (cake-like), but after letting it sit overnight, you couldn't tell it was brownies! Everyone was so surprised, it soaked up the pudding and made it just ooey gooey...everyone thought that it was cake!

Trifle Recipes
rebeccastt said:
I made a good trifle tonight with brownies, vanilla pudding mixed with whipped topping, and strawberries. YUM-O!

I am putting together as many of the recipes posted for trifles and if you could spell out your recipe I will include it in the booklet I am making. Of course I am going to share this with everyone when I am done. Thanks!

Aun said:
Anyway, my sister-in-law also makes a trifle with angelfood cake, vanilla or cheesecake pudding, blueberry pie filling, and cool whip (layer as directed in the other recipes) and it's really, really good also! It tastes a lot like a cheesecake when she gets done, but is easier to make.....

Can you put this in recipe form for me? I am putting together a recipe booklet for our trifle bowl and would love to include this and any others anyone may have. I hope to get it done by the end of the week and post on CS.

Thanks.

Here is the one I have been making...

Mississippi Mud Trifle

Ingredients: Package of regular oreo cookies, large container of cool whip, mini marshmellows, large box instant chocolate pudding, & large box instant vanilla pudding

These are in order of the layers:
Chop up 2 cups oreo cookies w/ chopper and put in
add 1/2 of the chocolate pudding you made
about 1/2 of the cool whip (I use a little less than 1/2)
2 cups mini marshmellows
1/2 of the vanilla pudding
2 cups choped oreos
the rest of the chocolate pudding
thre rest of the vanilla pudding
about 1/2 of the cool whip that's left (I don't use the whole large container, but more than a regualar container)
sprinkle top w/ choped oreo cookies

Very yummy, have made it 2 times and it doesn't last very long! :p
If this is confusing just ask & I'll try to explain, I always tweek recipes so they are different than the original

Thanks, Melissa! I just copied your recipe in the booklet. Looks like we are going to have quite a list!

Harriet...I am very interested in the booklet you are making! Will you post the finished booklet in a new thread so we are all sure to see it? I tend to lose the threads that include something I need/want!! I've heard people talk about subscribing to a thread...how do I do that?

Sorry that I didn't write sooner, haven't been on as much now that school is back in. i had orgionally posted the recipe and it is to die for. here it is

Death by Chocolate
INGREDIENTS
1 (19.8 ounce) package brownie mix
2 (3.9 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
1 (16 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
3 (1.4 ounce) bars chocolate covered English toffee
DIRECTIONS
Prepare brownies according to package directions. Let cool.
Mix pudding according to package directions.
In a glass punch bowl, layer in the following order: 1/2 of the brownie, crumbled; 1/2 of the pudding; 1 toffee bar, crushed; 1/2 of the whipped topping.
Repeat layers in the same order. Save the last toffee bar to crumble and sprinkle on top before serving.
Refrigerate. Best if made the day before you serve it.

Thanks, Nikki! I added it to the list I am compiling.

Trifle Recipe Booklet
Bexs50 said:
Harriet...I am very interested in the booklet you are making! Will you post the finished booklet in a new thread so we are all sure to see it? I tend to lose the threads that include something I need/want!! I've heard people talk about subscribing to a thread...how do I do that?

No problem, Becky. I will post it on a new thread when I have it done. I am trying to get as many as possible and have now put together over 10 pages of them!

Okay now I can't wait to get my Trifle Bowl. It'll be here Thursday hopefully!!! I'm gonna have so much fun with this!!!
Thanks you all for such great recipes. They all sound so good!

Here you go Harriet!!Brownie Strawberry Trifle

Ingredients:
1 (19.8 oz) fudge brownie mix with ingredients to make brownies
2 (3.5 oz) boxes vanilla pudding
1 3/4 cup milk
1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping
1 pint strawberries
1 chocolate bar (optional)
Mint leaves (optional)

Bake brownies according to box. Let cool. Mix vanilla pudding with milk. Add whipped topping. Core and slice strawberries. In trifle bowl, layer half of brownies, half of pudding/whipped topping mixture, half of strawberries. Repeat. Using vegetable peeler, shave chocolate bar on top for garnish. Add mint leaves for garnish.

My SD made one last night that she called the everyday trifle: in order by layer:

Cut up pound cake (bottom)
can of cherry pie filling
cool whip
pound cake
choc pudding mixed w/cool whip
cool whip (on top)

Was YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you guys think this would taste?

Pound Cake
White Chocolate Pudding
Strawberries/Raspberries
Whipped Cream

Do you think White Chocolate or Vanilla pudding would taste better? Thanks for the help!

GourmetGirl said:

Pound Cake
White Chocolate Pudding
Strawberries/Raspberries
Whipped Cream

Do you think White Chocolate or Vanilla pudding would taste better? Thanks for the help!

That sounds good! I think the white chocolate would be great with the raspberries. Make it and let us know how it turns out!

No-bake trifleI got this off of another loop I'm on, and loved the concept because it involves no prep or baking. I plan on making this for my last few February shows as an "extra".

Enjoy!

Attachments

• Chocolate Chip Cookie Trifle.doc
    20 KB · Views: 525
Thanks, Rebecca!
rebeccastt said:
Brownie Strawberry Trifle

Ingredients:
1 (19.8 oz) fudge brownie mix with ingredients to make brownies
2 (3.5 oz) boxes vanilla pudding
1 3/4 cup milk
1 (8 oz) tub whipped topping
1 pint strawberries
1 chocolate bar (optional)
Mint leaves (optional)

Bake brownies according to box. Let cool. Mix vanilla pudding with milk. Add whipped topping. Core and slice strawberries. In trifle bowl, layer half of brownies, half of pudding/whipped topping mixture, half of strawberries. Repeat. Using vegetable peeler, shave chocolate bar on top for garnish. Add mint leaves for garnish.

Sounds wonderful, thanks. I just put in on the list. Boy this is going to be quite the booklet!

Thanks, Nikke! Do you happen to know how much milk is needed?

Has anyone tooken any pictures of their finished recipe in the Trifle Bowl? I would love to see how they look. I'm going to be making one of these recipes at my next party!!!

pcchris said:
My SD made one last night that she called the everyday trifle: in order by layer:

Cut up pound cake (bottom)
can of cherry pie filling
cool whip
pound cake
choc pudding mixed w/cool whip
cool whip (on top)

Was YUMMY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds yummy and easy! Thanks!

GourmetGirl said:

Pound Cake
White Chocolate Pudding
Strawberries/Raspberries
Whipped Cream

Alison:

I would go with the white chocolate pudding on this one!:)

Thanks for the advice... white chocolate pudding it it! I have a guest tomorrow who doesn't eat milk or dark chocolate and I really wanted to do a trifle, so I just sort of made this one up, as I wasn't a huge fan of any of the other recipes out there (however there are a million yummy sounding ones whith chocolate in them!). I'll let y'all know on Friday how it turned out! Thanks!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Sandibeach
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Sandibeach
  • c00p
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
mpkegley
  • LeslieSGI