• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Bookings? Tips to Boost Your Pampered Chef Business!

In summary, Lea Erwood is trying to organize a Open House, but is having difficulty getting a response from potential customers. She has tried advertising, giving out business cards, and hosting her own show, but has not been successful.
bucksrider
I have tried about everything I can think of. Leaving catalogs in places like doctors offices, laundramats, etc. Given business cards to everyone I meet, cashiers, waitresses, past acquaintances, and new ones, ads online, past hosts. I keep getting put off or get nos. Does anyone have any other ideas. I am trying to organize a Open House, but cant seem to get a answer on the place. I am really getting frustrated. Please help! :confused: I am also making boxes to do drawings!

Lea Erwood

Here is a document that might help boost you a little. You can find it in the files section I believe it is called s.doc. Have you tried hosting your own cooking show? Invite everyone you know. Make it a mystery host show. Offer a few free shows. Also have you used your list of 100 from your welcome booklet? I hope this has helped a little.

100 No's

Why are some people more successful than others are?
It’s a one-word answer. The word is NO. Some people have a really tough time accepting the fact that they are going to hear the word NO fairly often. They get discouraged and feel rejected because they look at the word NO as a negative. Nothing could be further from the truth. The word NO simply means that nothing changes. Think about it. You approach your neighbor and ask her to be your customer. She says NO. What changed? Is she still your neighbor? Yes. Did your income go up or down? NO. Nothing changed. It can’t be a negative; to be negative things would have had to get worse, they didn’t. Everything remained exactly the same.

On the other hand, suppose she had said YES. Now, there are some positive changes. She receives personal Pampered Chef service (a positive) and you gain a customer (another positive), you earn money (another positive). You can see by this example that there are no negatives in our business. There are only positives…and times when nothing changes.

When someone tells you NO, they are not rejecting you or our products. They are simply telling you that they are unable or unwilling to make any changes at the moment. Once you understand this, doing this business becomes a lot more fun. So, why not look for a way to make the word NO fun? Each time someone tells you NO, cross out one of the NO’s on the other sheet. Set yourself a goal of getting all 100 N0’s crossed out within the next 30 days. (No kidding!) If you want to see your business explode with growth, take this little exercise seriously. Here’s a hint that will make this easier. Triple up. Ask someone to:

1. Become a representative…If they say No, cross a NO off and ask them to
2. Become a customer…If they say NO, cross a second NO off and ask them to
3. Give a customer referral…If they say NO again, you got 3 NO’s!

You’ll never be better at getting NO’s than you are right now. The more you do this, the tougher it will become to get those 100 NO’s. You’ll find that a YES will creep in here every once in a while. Don’t let the occasional YES distract you from your primary goal of 100 NO’s. Imagine the look on your neighbor’s face when she tells you NO and you respond, “Gee thanks. I’ve only got a few more NO’s to go and I’m finished for the month. I was afraid you were going to say YES there for a minute.”

Don’t take this exercise lightly…it works! Get those NO’s now while it is still easy for you to do so. Don’t wait until it becomes difficult for people to tell you NO! That time will come soon enough!

bucksrider said:
I am trying to organize a Open House, but cant seem to get a answer on the place. Lea Erwood

Can you have the Open House at your own home? If so, you wouldn't have to lug your products somewhere else!

I have had a show in my home, only a few showed. Got one booking, but they wouldnt return my calls. She said she had orders, then never heard from her again. Come to find out, she dropped it because she feared her husband would get mad, why she even booked it to begin with, who knows, and if she had just said so, I would have said fine, we can work out something.
Right now I am in the middle of trying to deep clean the house for spring, so a show anytime soon is out of the question, I have even asked for orders to just do a catalog show, all are nos, no money, tax time. I will try the 100 no's. Just wanted to know if anyone had any new ideas that seemed to work.
I did a craft show in November, and booked a show, the lady gave me a phone number that has been disconnected. If someone doesnt want to do why cant they just say NO. :mad:

What are you getting?
bucksrider said:
I have tried about everything I can think of. Leaving catalogs in places like doctors offices, laundramats, etc. Given business cards to everyone I meet, cashiers, waitresses, past acquaintances, and new ones, ads online, past hosts. I keep getting put off or get nos. Does anyone have any other ideas. I am trying to organize a Open House, but cant seem to get a answer on the place. I am really getting frustrated. Please help! :confused: I am also making boxes to do drawings!

Lea Erwood

When you hand out catalogs, business cards, etc. what do you get in return? Are you getting their contact information from them? If not, you are missing the boat! When I first started I handed out business cards like there was no tomorrow, but I didn't want to step out of "my box" to ask for their information. How much response did I get from all those cards?? Nada...zilch...zero! But, as soon as I started asking for their information, and followed up with them I started getting orders, bookings and even team members!

Get their information to follow-up!!

fruit76loop said:
But, as soon as I started asking for their information, and followed up with them I started getting orders, bookings and even team members! Get their information to follow-up!!

How do you go about getting their information? What do you say to them? I'm HORRIBLE at this, and I've left catalogs with people, but never got their information. Also, after you get their info, how long do you wait to call them, and what do you say? I'm kind of new to PC, but I'm shooting for the Bahama trip this year, and would love to hit Future Director too.

Asking for informationHi Amanda
This is what I have used.
If I give someone a business card I actually give them two. I ask them if they would please write their name, address, phone, email on one of the cards so that I can better assist them in the future. They have my business card and I get their info so that I can follow up with them to see if they need a new catalog, have questions on anything. I also ask them if they want to be included in my newsletters or emails. If not, no biggie. If so, you have another way to contact them with information.
I always ask if I can get their information, no matter what I am giving them. I let them know that I am not a pushy PC person, I just want to be able to give the best customer service I can and if I don't have their information I can't be of any assistance.
I have gotten a few bookings at the grocery store by wearing a PC shirt. I have a bag that I got at conference two years ago that has a plastic see through pocket on the outside and I always put a catalog in it. I don't haul around extras usually. If someone asks me for a catalog, I give them my card. Ask them to give me their information and tell them I will pop one in the mail for them the next day (or same day if I can). I mail the catalog and wait for a few days and then contact them to make sure they got the catalog and see if they have any questions on anything. I also send out a little Thank You note with the catalog and will sometimes offer something free for a booking.
Hope this helps you. I used to have a hard time asking for information but once I started it just comes naturally.
Good luck to you! :D
Lisa Rademacher ~ Independent Consultant
Elk River, MN
[email protected]

Thank you Lisa.. I really appreciate your help. I'm going to start doing this, as soon as I get myself some biz cards!! Boy, I definately have a lot of mountains to move this year but I have faith--even if it is only as big as a mustard seed! :D

Another idea...I do hand out catalogs(usually older ones) but I also have the people who ask for information to fill out a show drawing slip. I carry a pad of them in my purse just for that reason. I tell them I am doing a drawing at the end of the month of everyone who asked for a catalog, and I need an address to send their prize to them if they win! Of course they always win! At the end of the month, I will send a SB to them, or whatever. So that way I always have emails, phone numbers, addresses, etc. Hope this helps!

Oooh great idea! If you don't mind, I'm going to nab that one and throw a pad in my purse right now! :D :D :D
p.s. do you send anything else with the SB/gift? like a newsletter or flyer or note of some sort?

Show padHey, feel free to use the idea! :D :D :D It's all good! :) I don't do newsletters yet(that's one of my MANY PC goals this year!) but I will usually stick a note in with the gift just saying something to the effect of, congrats, you won, I hope this helps you spend more time with your family, less time in the kitchen. Also, I let them know that I will be calling in a few days to follow up and see how they're enjoying it, and to answer any questions they might have. That way they know they'll be hearing from me shortly!

need bookings!!Hey there is a lot of great stuff on here thanks for all the ideas. I think we are all always looking for more bookings.

One thing that I have done if I am in a real crunch for bookings is offer a great incentive on top of everything else they get for hosting a show. Pull out old sales reciepts and find out what people circled or if you keep Pampered Partner updated with the wish list pull that report and find out something someone put on thier list and call them and say "hey I see that you wanted the ... whatever and tell them that you have an incentive going and if they book a show in February they will get that for free" This has really helped me.

People love it when they get something for free. I had one host that I told 2 days before the show that if she had a $1000 show she would get a free piece of stoneware... never thinking she would do it... she had $600 in orders prior to the show and the show closed at well over $1000. it was worth every penny I paid for that piece of stoneware.

good luck let us know how it goes

chefnan said:
Hey there is a lot of great stuff on here thanks for all the ideas. I think we are all always looking for more bookings.

One thing that I have done if I am in a real crunch for bookings is offer a great incentive on top of everything else they get for hosting a show. Pull out old sales reciepts and find out what people circled or if you keep Pampered Partner updated with the wish list pull that report and find out something someone put on thier list and call them and say "hey I see that you wanted the ... whatever and tell them that you have an incentive going and if they book a show in February they will get that for free" This has really helped me.

People love it when they get something for free. I had one host that I told 2 days before the show that if she had a $1000 show she would get a free piece of stoneware... never thinking she would do it... she had $600 in orders prior to the show and the show closed at well over $1000. it was worth every penny I paid for that piece of stoneware.

good luck let us know how it goes

Thanks for the great idea! I was just making customer care phone calls (something I hate to do) to see if a couple people who indicated they might want to host in March or April wanted to book and I am going to offer them something! I have not been good about wish lists, however I did pull out the write in sales receipts that I use and low and behold both people had an item on their list that they crossed off and didn't get. I am going to somehow see if they still would like the item and give it to them for hosting a show!
Thank you EVERYONE for your great ideas! This website has given me the boost that I needed to get motivated!
THANKS!
Lisa

:D Where Pampered Chef stuff!!! Get a Key Change. Get a Purse. Anything to get people to ask you about it or start the conversation. Then tell them about the up coming stuff. New products, host specials (Get very excited, the more excited you are the more excited they will be) Then ask for there name address phone so you can mail the a copy of the specials. That's your in.
Give it a try..
I was wearing a PC shirt and the hostess of the resturant started talking to me about PC. She came back to my table 3 times to talk about it. It really works.

1. How can I book a Pampered Chef party?

To book a Pampered Chef party, you can reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant or host your own party by contacting a consultant through their website. You can also attend a party hosted by a friend or a consultant to learn more about the products and potentially book your own party.

2. What are the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party?

Hosting a Pampered Chef party allows you to earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host rewards. It's also a fun way to get together with friends and family while learning about and trying out new kitchen products.

3. How many guests do I need to have at my Pampered Chef party?

There is no specific guest requirement for a Pampered Chef party. You can invite as many or as few guests as you'd like. However, the more guests you have, the more potential for higher host rewards.

4. Can I host a Pampered Chef party online?

Yes, you can host a Pampered Chef party online. Many Pampered Chef consultants offer virtual parties, which allow you to still earn host rewards and have a fun party experience without needing to physically gather with guests.

5. How do I find a Pampered Chef consultant?

You can find a Pampered Chef consultant by searching on their website using your location. You can also reach out to friends or family members who may know a consultant, or attend a party hosted by a consultant to get in touch with them.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pngentil
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • ponvn591
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
AJPratt
  • niccibyrd