• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Book Recommendations for 4 Year Old Girl

In summary, my niece is reading and loves Dr. Seuss books. She likes the Olivia books and they are easy to read.
BlessedWifeMommy
My niece is going to be 4 on Sunday, and she is reading! I would love to get some books she would enjoy reading to herself. She has really taken to reading and can sound out most any word.

Thanks!

Hop on Pop by Dr. Suess--great book for beginning readers.

My daughters LOVE the Alice in Bibleland books (if your family is religious, of course). They're done in rhyme and are fun to read.

Nanisu said:
Hop on Pop by Dr. Suess--great book for beginning readers.

Thanks! I know she has that one, her Grandma bought that for both the grand kids.

nikked said:
My daughters LOVE the Alice in Bibleland books (if your family is religious, of course). They're done in rhyme and are fun to read.

That sounds great, I'll have to go look for them.

Love to have more suggestions...

i think any dr. seuss book...cat in the hat, red fish blue fish, oh gosh i know there is more lol. also if you go to walmart they have a great section on books for beginning readers and different levels!

Any bookstore will have a section of beginning reader books with Level 1, Level 2, etc. on the cover. Look at the back of the book to see what skills are used at each level. Get ones with her factor characters. There are Tinker Bell, princesses, and others. I wouldn't invest too much in the early reader books. They'll read them several times and go back to them, but they will move on to higher level reading.

Usborne (sp?) books is a DS company and they have some neat books.

Becca

For girls I love the Olivia books. Olivia is a little girl pig. She is confident and imaginative. The books are pretty easy to read and very well illustrated.

Thanks everyone! I love amazon! I shopped from my seat and got some books that will be here on Friday.

1. What are some popular book series for 4 year old girls?

Some popular book series for 4 year old girls include the "Fancy Nancy" series by Jane O'Connor, the "Pinkalicious" series by Victoria Kann, the "Olivia" series by Ian Falconer, and the "Eloise" series by Kay Thompson.

2. Are there any classic children's books that are still relevant for 4 year old girls?

Yes, there are many classic children's books that are still loved by 4 year old girls today. Some examples include "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" by Eric Carle, "Goodnight Moon" by Margaret Wise Brown, and "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak.

3. Can you recommend any diverse or inclusive books for 4 year old girls?

Yes, there are many wonderful diverse and inclusive books for 4 year old girls. Some examples include "The Princess and the Pea" by Rachel Isadora, "Last Stop on Market Street" by Matt de la Peña, and "The Name Jar" by Yangsook Choi.

4. What types of books are best for 4 year old girls to help develop their reading skills?

Books that have large, colorful illustrations and simple, repetitive text are great for 4 year old girls to help develop their reading skills. Look for books in rhyme, as well as ones that encourage participation, such as "Press Here" by Hervé Tullet.

5. Are there any educational books that 4 year old girls would enjoy?

Yes, there are many educational books that 4 year old girls would enjoy. Look for books that teach basic concepts, such as colors, shapes, and numbers, as well as books that explore different topics like animals, the human body, and outer space. Some examples include "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom" by Bill Martin Jr. and John Archambault, "The Magic School Bus" series by Joanna Cole, and "DK Readers" series.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Shawnna
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Shawnna
Replies
Views
chefhutch04
  • janetupnorth
  • General Chat
Replies