1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need book recommendations for 4 year old girl

1. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

My niece is going to be 4 on Sunday, and she is reading! I would love to get some books she would enjoy reading to herself. She has really taken to reading and can sound out most any word.

Thanks!

2. Nanisu

Nanisu Veteran Member Gold Member

Hop on Pop by Dr. Suess--great book for beginning readers.

Aug 26, 2009
  3. nikked

nikked Senior Member Gold Member

My daughters LOVE the Alice in Bibleland books (if your family is religious, of course). They're done in rhyme and are fun to read.

Aug 26, 2009
  4. BlessedWifeMommy

Thanks! I know she has that one, her Grandma bought that for both the grand kids.

That sounds great, I'll have to go look for them.

Love to have more suggestions...

5. pc_jessica

pc_jessica Advanced Member

i think any dr. seuss book...cat in the hat, red fish blue fish, oh gosh i know there is more lol. also if you go to walmart they have a great section on books for beginning readers and different levels!

Aug 26, 2009
  6. Becca_in_MD

Becca_in_MD Veteran Member Gold Member

Any bookstore will have a section of beginning reader books with Level 1, Level 2, etc. on the cover. Look at the back of the book to see what skills are used at each level. Get ones with her factor characters. There are Tinker Bell, princesses, and others. I wouldn't invest too much in the early reader books. They'll read them several times and go back to them, but they will move on to higher level reading.

Usborne (sp?) books is a DS company and they have some neat books.

Becca

Aug 26, 2009
  7. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

For girls I love the Olivia books. Olivia is a little girl pig. She is confident and imaginative. The books are pretty easy to read and very well illustrated.

Aug 26, 2009
  8. BlessedWifeMommy

Thanks everyone! I love amazon! I shopped from my seat and got some books that will be here on Friday.

Have something to add?