• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Apple Coleslaw Ingredients for Funeral Dinner | Request for Recipe

In summary, the recipe for Apple Cider Slaw is found in the Super Salads Recipe Card Collection. It is a salad made of cabbage mix, apple wedges, celery, and almonds. The dressing is made of apple cider vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil, and celery seed. The salad can be prepared up to 8 hours before serving.
raebates
Staff member
I'm out and just got asked to provide a dish for a funeral dinner tomorrow. Can someone please post the ingredients for Apple Coleslaw?

TIA!

Sorry Rae, I just saw this. I've also never heard of it before. Is it a PC recipe?

kcjodih said:
Sorry Rae, I just saw this. I've also never heard of it before. Is it a PC recipe?

I wonder if it is one she posted on here. I would think she could have seen the recipes on CC as easliy as this site if it was a PC one.

No worries. It's called Apple Cider Slaw, which I never remember to call it because there's no cider in it. (It does have apple cider vinegar, but I think of that as vinegar.) It's in the salad recipe cards, so I couldn't get it from CC. I forgot the almonds, but I had pistachios, so I used those instead.

So, are you going to post if for the rest of us? I don't like cole slaw, but this sounds interesting.

No, I'm not. You people were no help at all to me. LOL!Apple Cider Slaw
(Super Salads Recipe Card Collection)Dressing
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 Tbls sugar
1 Tbls vegetable oil
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp saltSlaw
4 cups cabbage slaw mix
2 medium firm, red apples, cored and coarsely chopped (2 cups)
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted1. For dressing, combine vinegar, sugar, oil, celery seed and salt in Small Batter Bowl; whisk until blended. 2. For slaw, place slaw mix in large Colander Bowl. Cut apples into wedges using Apple Wedger; coarsely chop using Food Chopper. Dice celery using Chef's Knife. Add apples, celery and almonds to slaw mix.3. Pour dressing over slaw; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. To serve, spoon salad into Simple Additions Medium Bowl.Makes 4 servingsCook's Tips: For this coleslaw recipe, choose an apple variety that is best for eating raw such as Braeburn, Gala or Red Delicious. This salad can be prepared up to 8 hours before serving. For a colorful garnish, cut shapes out of a 1/2-inch thick slice of apple using Creative Cutters.

No, I'm not. You people were no help at all to me. LOL!

Apple Cider Slaw
(Super Salads Recipe Card Collection)

Dressing
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
3 Tbls sugar
1 Tbls vegetable oil
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/4 tsp salt

Slaw
4 cups cabbage slaw mix
2 medium firm, red apples, cored and coarsely chopped (2 cups)
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted

1. For dressing, combine vinegar, sugar, oil, celery seed and salt in Small Batter Bowl; whisk until blended.

2. For slaw, place slaw mix in large Colander Bowl. Cut apples into wedges using Apple Wedger; coarsely chop using Food Chopper. Dice celery using Chef's Knife. Add apples, celery and almonds to slaw mix.

3. Pour dressing over slaw; toss to coat. Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend. To serve, spoon salad into Simple Additions Medium Bowl.

Makes 4 servings

Cook's Tips: For this coleslaw recipe, choose an apple variety that is best for eating raw such as Braeburn, Gala or Red Delicious. This salad can be prepared up to 8 hours before serving.

For a colorful garnish, cut shapes out of a 1/2-inch thick slice of apple using Creative Cutters.

raebates said:
No, I'm not. You people were no help at all to me. LOL!

LOL Rae! If you'd told us where to find it I would have typed it up for you silly! I had NO idea where to start looking :)

I didn't have to type it. I just copied it from where I had it already typed up on my computer. The reason I asked for an ingredient list is that I was in another town doing several things, including grocery shopping. I figured if someone had the list handy I wouldn't have to try to remember it. BTW, I don't think it's listed here on CS, and the recipe isn't available on CC because it's part of a recipe collection.

Exactly! It wouldn't be on CC unless it's from a use and care or from a SB or theme show. I just wish I'd known where it was, because I WOULD have typed it out for you...or at least the ingredients :)

What is the recipe for Pampered Chef's Need Apple Coleslaw?

The recipe for Pampered Chef's Need Apple Coleslaw can be found on our official website or in our recipe book. It includes shredded cabbage, apples, carrots, mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, sugar, and salt.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the Need Apple Coleslaw recipe?

Yes, you can substitute certain ingredients in the Need Apple Coleslaw recipe to fit your dietary needs or preferences. For example, you can use a plant-based mayonnaise instead of traditional mayonnaise or use a sugar alternative instead of white sugar.

How long does the Need Apple Coleslaw last in the fridge?

The Need Apple Coleslaw can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. It is best to store it in an airtight container to keep it fresh.

Can I add protein to the Need Apple Coleslaw for a complete meal?

Yes, you can add protein to the Need Apple Coleslaw to make it a complete meal. Grilled chicken, shrimp, or tofu are great options to add protein to this dish.

Can I make the Need Apple Coleslaw in advance?

Yes, you can make the Need Apple Coleslaw in advance. However, it is recommended to add the dressing right before serving to keep the cabbage crisp and prevent the apples from browning.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• smartcookie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • dkitten13
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefPaulaB
  • Kitchen Diva