• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Can I Change Pampered Partner to Account for Virginia's Shipping Tax?

In summary, to charge the correct amount of tax for shipping and handling in Virginia, change the shipping rate in Pampered Partner to 5.0 and the food tax to 2.5.
amya
I live in Ohio and have a host who is doing a catalog show for me in Virginia. She tells me she has over $800 in orders so I want to make sure I get this right. My question is - Ohio does not tax shipping and handling but Virginia does. The order forms I sent her figure shipping tax into the order totals, but how do I change Pampered Partner to show this? I see a place for a certain % for shipping tax, but I didn't think there was a %. I thought you simply figured tax after adding shipping instead of before like we do here in Ohio.

My host is supposed to call me today so any quick answers are greatly appreciated.

Thank you all.

My cousin lives in Pulaski, VA and so to help I opened a show for her. I changed the Sales Tax and Shipping Tax to 5% and the Food Tax to 2.5% so that it would be correct. Just click on the Change Tax Rates button in the show screen and everything should be fine. You are just charging the tax after the shipping, but PP charges tax on the products and the shipping separately because some states charge a different % on sales than what they do on shipping.

Last edited:
Thank you so much.

So Pampered Partner will automatically charge the shipping tax for the states that charge it? That's great! One less thing to have to think about.

Thanks again for helping me out.

amya said:
Thank you so much.

So Pampered Partner will automatically charge the shipping tax for the states that charge it? That's great! One less thing to have to think about.

Thanks again for helping me out.
No! Pampered Partner doesn't "automatically" change the rate. You have to. You change the shipping rate the same way that you change the product and food rates for the show.

OK. I'm really not trying to be dumb here. But what exactly is the rate for shipping. When I looked up the tax rates for Virginia on Consultant's Corner, I was told 5.0 for state tax and 2.5 for food tax. The information listed says that Virginia does tax shipping and handling, but how do I know what the rate is so I can change it in PP?

Please bear with me everyone! Like I said before, this is a pretty substantial catalog show to turn in and I really don't want to mess it up.

shipping chargeWouldn't the shipping be 3.50 and then that would get taxed for what VA is??? That is what I am thinking you are asking....

Hope that helps some.

Consultant's Corner will tell you what the state charges for shipping tax, IF the shipping tax is different. If the state isn't on the list of states that doesn't charge shipping, then the shipping tax is the same as the sales tax, UNLESS otherwise stated. If the shipping tax is different then it will give you the shipping tax along with the sales and food tax.

EXAMPLE: If the guest buys $35 worth of products(no food) then PP would charge $1.75 in tax for the products and then will add $3.50 for the shipping and $0.18 for the shipping tax. So the guest's order will be $40.42

Good Lord is that confusing! :D

Last edited:
DZmom said:
Consultant's Corner will tell you what the state charges for shipping tax, IF the shipping tax is different. If the state isn't on the list of states that doesn't charge shipping, then the shipping tax is the same as the sales tax, UNLESS otherwise stated. If the shipping tax is different then it will give you the shipping tax along with the sales and food tax.

EXAMPLE: If the guest buys $35 worth of products(no food) then PP would charge $1.75 in tax for the products and then will add $3.50 for the shipping and $0.18 for the shipping tax. So the guest's order will be $40.42

Good Lord is that confusing! :D

Thank you Thank you Thank you. No that is not confusing. You finally helped me to see the answer to my original question. I am ready to enter the orders now. Thanks again.

1. How soon can I receive my order if I need an answer fast?

At Pampered Chef, we offer various shipping options to accommodate your urgent needs. Depending on your location, you can receive your order as quickly as the next business day with our expedited shipping option.

2. Can I expedite my order after it has already been placed?

Unfortunately, once an order has been placed, we are unable to change the shipping method. We recommend contacting our customer service team as soon as possible to see if any alternative options are available.

3. Are there any additional fees for expedited shipping?

Yes, expedited shipping may incur an additional fee. The exact cost will depend on the shipping method and your location. You can view the shipping fees at checkout before placing your order.

4. Can I track my expedited order?

Yes, you will receive a tracking number via email once your order has been shipped. You can use this tracking number to monitor the progress of your expedited delivery.

5. What if my expedited order does not arrive on time?

If your expedited order does not arrive within the promised timeframe, please contact our customer service team. We will do our best to resolve the issue and ensure that you receive your order as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
PC For Me 2 Move Out
  • ChefJessica
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy
  • mandydollie
  • General Chat
Replies