1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Theme Show Need advice on bridal expo

1. loreo

loreo Banned

I just signed up for a big expo in our area. I have never done one before and I am very excited. I called my AD before signing up and asked her if the fee ($150) was reasonable. She said yes and then offered to split it with me. After talking a few minutes ( I think she sensed my hesitancy) she said that she shouldn't have "pushed" hersself on me and then gave me some supporters.

I have a very good relationship with my AD and wouldn't mind working with her. I just want to make sure that this a financially savy situation for me. The event organizer is expecting close to 1000 people (based on last years stats) approx 200 of them being brides. It runs for 4 hours and is located in a brand new sporting complex ( working on drawing in the grooms too) They have a $10,000 adverising budget, so word is going to get out. They are giving every vendor a list of brides and grooms.

Those of you who have done a booth before- does this situation sound like one where I would need help? Financially would you split it in half and split the leads?

One thing to note- she has a lot more stuff than I do so with her help we could showcase more.

What do you think?

Jan 11, 2010
  2. Patty Davis

Patty Davis Member

Think of it this way, if you get roughly 200 contacts, can you or how long will it take you to contact them ALL in a timely manner. Especially since they are giving you a contact list! That is the hardest part, getting all of the contact info. 4 of us are doing a bridal event here with about 500 brides. $150 is GREAT price. We are paying $310 for a 10x10 booth.

We will also hand out drawing slips that are coded for each of us with a stamp, so that the ones we make personal contact with stay with us. The rest we will just split.

Good luck!

Jan 11, 2010
  3. loreo

loreo Banned

Good idea. Thanks for your input.

Lori

Jan 11, 2010
  4. you need to check out kickbuttbooths.com and order it...its worth the money if you want to be successful at booths and get your moneys worth

Jan 11, 2010
  5. mahji

mahji Gold Member

The Bridal Fair in my area costs $425 for 5 hours so $150 is a killer deal!

Jan 24, 2010
  6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Jan 24, 2010
  7. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Loreo, if this is your first event I would definitely recommend splitting it with your AD. Bridal fairs especially one only 4 hours are fast paced and people seem to travel in packs. I've worked a few before some HUGE and some smaller, like the one you're working. And I have appreciated having at least 1 other person with me so each person who approached the booth got attention. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck!! That is an awesome opportunity!!

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
    Jan 24, 2010
  8. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I'm not the one doing the bridal- Loreo is- but I'm sure she knows you are talking to her. :)

I was just posting about the KickButt link....

Jan 24, 2010
Have something to add?