• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Is Splitting the Fee and Leads with My AD a Good Idea?

In summary, Lori said that if this is her first event, she would recommend splitting it with her AD. She thinks that bridal fairs especially ones only 4 hours are fast paced and that having at least 1 other person with you can help to maximize exposure.
loreo
I just signed up for a big expo in our area. I have never done one before and I am very excited. I called my AD before signing up and asked her if the fee ($150) was reasonable. She said yes and then offered to split it with me. After talking a few minutes ( I think she sensed my hesitancy) she said that she shouldn't have "pushed" hersself on me and then gave me some supporters.

I have a very good relationship with my AD and wouldn't mind working with her. I just want to make sure that this a financially savy situation for me. The event organizer is expecting close to 1000 people (based on last years stats) approx 200 of them being brides. It runs for 4 hours and is located in a brand new sporting complex ( working on drawing in the grooms too) They have a $10,000 adverising budget, so word is going to get out. They are giving every vendor a list of brides and grooms.

Those of you who have done a booth before- does this situation sound like one where I would need help? Financially would you split it in half and split the leads?

One thing to note- she has a lot more stuff than I do so with her help we could showcase more.

What do you think?

Think of it this way, if you get roughly 200 contacts, can you or how long will it take you to contact them ALL in a timely manner. Especially since they are giving you a contact list! That is the hardest part, getting all of the contact info. 4 of us are doing a bridal event here with about 500 brides. $150 is GREAT price. We are paying $310 for a 10x10 booth.We will also hand out drawing slips that are coded for each of us with a stamp, so that the ones we make personal contact with stay with us. The rest we will just split.Good luck!

We will also hand out drawing slips that are coded for each of us with a stamp, so that the ones we make personal contact with stay with us. The rest we will just split.

Good idea. Thanks for your input.

Lori

you need to check out kickbuttbooths.com and order it...its worth the money if you want to be successful at booths and get your moneys worth

The Bridal Fair in my area costs $425 for 5 hours so $150 is a killer deal!

BBalmer said:
you need to check out kickbuttbooths.com and order it...its worth the money if you want to be successful at booths and get your moneys worth

Thanks for the link. I can't afford her CD set :eek:, even if it is worth it- I've already invested money into Tammy Stanley's set. But I did sign up for her free E-Course. http://www.kickbuttbooths.com/ecourse

Loreo, if this is your first event I would definitely recommend splitting it with your AD. Bridal fairs especially one only 4 hours are fast paced and people seem to travel in packs. I've worked a few before some HUGE and some smaller, like the one you're working. And I have appreciated having at least 1 other person with me so each person who approached the booth got attention. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck!! That is an awesome opportunity!!

Last edited:
Chef Kearns said:
Bobbi, if this is your first event I would definitely recommend splitting it with your AD. Bridal fairs especially one only 4 hours are fast paced and people seem to travel in packs. I've worked a few before some HUGE and some smaller, like the one you're working. And I have appreciated having at least 1 other person with me so each person who approached the booth got attention. That's just my 2 cents. Good luck!! That is an awesome opportunity!!

I'm not the one doing the bridal- Loreo is- but I'm sure she knows you are talking to her. :)

I was just posting about the KickButt link....

Question 1: Is $150 a reasonable fee for the expo?

It is difficult to determine if $150 is a reasonable fee for the expo without knowing more about the event, such as the size, location, and target audience. It's always a good idea to do some research and compare prices with other similar events in your area before making a decision.

Question 2: Should I split the fee and leads with my AD?

This ultimately depends on your individual goals and priorities. Splitting the fee and leads with your AD can be a good idea if you want to showcase more products or services, or if you want to have a larger presence at the event. However, if you prefer to have full control over your booth and leads, it may be better to pay the full fee and handle the leads on your own.

Question 3: Do I need help for this expo?

It's always a good idea to have some help at an expo, especially if it's your first time participating. Having an extra set of hands can make the experience less overwhelming and more enjoyable. However, if you feel confident in managing the booth and leads on your own, then you may not need help.

Question 4: Should I split the fee and leads with my AD financially?

Again, this depends on your individual goals and priorities. Splitting the fee and leads can be a financially savvy decision if it allows you to showcase more products or services and potentially attract more customers. However, if you prefer to have full control over your finances and leads, it may be better to pay the full fee and handle the leads on your own.

Question 5: Does this expo sound like a situation where I would benefit from having help?

Based on the information provided, it seems like this expo could potentially benefit from having help. With a large expected turnout and a significant advertising budget, it may be advantageous to have an extra person to assist with showcasing your products and handling leads. However, this ultimately depends on your individual capabilities and preferences.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• leshelman
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Wildfire
  • blueikaos
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • krzymomof4