• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice and Vyvance for Add

In summary, Vyvanse is a prescription medication used to treat ADD by increasing dopamine and norepinephrine levels in the brain. It may be helpful for those experiencing difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness, and impulsivity, but it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting. Some common side effects may occur, but they are usually mild and can be managed. It is important to inform your doctor of any other medications you are taking, and the effects of Vyvanse may vary from person to person. It typically takes 1-2 hours to start working and lasts for 10-12 hours.
cewcooks
I wrote in an earlier post in regards to my 12 yr old DD we had her evaluated today and the Dr concluded that she does have the inattentive type of ADD, and the dr prescribed Vyvance. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with this?? Just so you know it was not a one shot visit, she had to have a complete physical, bloodwork and an EKG all kind of scary stuff these past few months and I am a little leary about putting her on meds?

Any advise to ease my mind..?

My son has been on Concerta, which is basically the same, since 12, he's 21--no side effects at all.

Have you tried any diet changes? check out feingold.org

1. What is Vyvanse and how does it help with ADD?

Vyvanse is a prescription medication that is commonly used to treat Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD). It is a central nervous system stimulant that works by increasing the levels of dopamine and norepinephrine in the brain, which helps improve focus, attention, and concentration.

2. How do I know if I need Vyvanse for my ADD?

If you have been diagnosed with ADD and are experiencing symptoms such as difficulty concentrating, forgetfulness, and impulsivity, then Vyvanse may be a helpful treatment option. However, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional to determine if Vyvanse is the right medication for you.

3. Are there any side effects of taking Vyvanse for ADD?

Like any medication, Vyvanse may cause side effects in some individuals. Some common side effects include decreased appetite, trouble sleeping, and irritability. However, these side effects are usually mild and may go away with continued use. It is important to discuss any concerns with your doctor.

4. Can I take Vyvanse with other medications for my ADD?

It is important to inform your doctor of any other medications you are currently taking, as they may interact with Vyvanse. Your doctor will be able to determine if it is safe for you to take Vyvanse with any other medications you are prescribed.

5. How long does it take for Vyvanse to start working for ADD?

The effects of Vyvanse may vary from person to person, but it typically takes about 1-2 hours for it to start working and last for around 10-12 hours. It is important to take Vyvanse as directed by your doctor for best results.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cewcooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
kaseydee
  • cewcooks
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
lockhartkitchen
Replies