• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need Advice About Replacement Windows

In summary, the conversation was about the cost of professional window replacement. Some individuals had their windows replaced professionally, while others did it themselves. Prices ranged from $8500 to $9000 for various types and sizes of windows. It was recommended to get multiple estimates and check the company's work and references before making a decision.
cewcooks
has anyone had them professionally replaced or have done it yourself, just curious we had Metropolis remolding company come out and it was roughly 8500 for 7 double hung windows - seemed pricey to me.

Any thoughts, thanks in advance

I had my windows replaced abaout 3 years ago. They were vinyl replacements. They are double paned. They have the gas in between them. They fold towards the inside on the bottom glass to clean. I used a Company out of Irving, TX. They manufacture and install them. I have been really pleased with them. It was a little over 9,000.00. I had 34 windows replaced. This included 2 bay windows (11 windows ). They count each section in my bay as 1 separate window.
Look in the yellow pages and get bids from different companies.
Ask for a lower price!
Have them bring out sample windows to look at.
Ask to see homes where they have done work at. The company I got mine from gave me 4 homes to look at in my area.

I'm with akschertz. Get several estimates and check out their work. Ask if they have past customers you can talk to. Check them out online. It's been many, many years since we replaced our windows, and we got a deal from a home show. Still, The Furry Guy had done a lot of research and knew whether the quotes were competitive or not.

Before I bought my house, my mom replaced 5 windows in our house through a company that advertised $99 or $199 a window as long as you replaced 5. She left out the bathroom window (the smallest, I guess because tinting would have been extra) and the big picture window. Another window was replaced by a company doing other work on the house. They charged extra because the old windows were aluminum.These are the only windows we have problems with now.The only shocker? When she replaced the aluminum windows with vinyl, she asked if she could keep her marble sills. They did not mention that although they are still there, they cannot be USED and you can't set a plant in the window like you used to.

Price probably depends on you area, but several estimates will tell you who is in the ball park and who is not playing fair...we had 21 windows replaced about 4 years ago and paid around $9000. They were double hung, insulated and wrapped on the outside casing with aluminum. 2 were 5 x 5 size picture windows.

We did 1/2 at the end of one year and 1/2 at the beginning of the next (literally weeks apart) so that we could take the tax benefits.

Hope that helps!

1. What are the benefits of replacing my windows?

Replacing your windows can provide numerous benefits, including improved energy efficiency, better insulation, increased natural light, and enhanced curb appeal. It can also help reduce outside noise and make your home more secure.

2. How do I know if I need to replace my windows?

If your windows are showing signs of wear and tear, such as drafts, condensation, or difficulty opening and closing, it may be time for replacement. You can also consider replacing your windows if you want to upgrade to more energy-efficient options or improve the overall look of your home.

3. What types of replacement windows are available?

There are various types of replacement windows to choose from, including double-hung, casement, sliding, bay and bow, and picture windows. Each type has its own benefits and can be customized to fit your specific needs and preferences.

4. How long does it take to install replacement windows?

The installation process for replacement windows can vary depending on the type and number of windows being installed. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day. Our team at Pampered Chef can provide a more accurate estimate based on your specific project.

5. Can I install replacement windows myself?

While it is possible to install replacement windows yourself, it is not recommended unless you have experience and the necessary tools. Improper installation can lead to issues such as drafts, leaks, and even structural damage. It is best to hire a professional to ensure the job is done correctly and efficiently.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• babywings76
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • kcjodih
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
Replies