• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Teflon Coating on Pampered Chef Cookware: Customer Query

In summary, Dupont has pledged to eliminate the emissions of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) from its Teflon® manufacturing facilities by 2015.
PC Latoya
Does anyone know if Pampered Chef Cookware is Teflon coated? A customer is asking me but i dont know. Thanks

Non-Stick vs. TeflonYes. Our pans do use "Teflon". I have attached a letter from Dupont that they sent in direct response to a question about all the "hoopla" regarding non-stick coatings and the chemicals they release. This should help to answer your customer's questions (I know I have sold quite a bit of cookware to skeptical customers after I shared this information with them).

Hope it helps...happy selling!

Attachments

• Cookware-DuPont Teflon Coating.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,575
Last edited:
I didnt get the attachment. This would help a lot

Thanks Nikki!

This is what I was told from my upline.

I know one of the issues with non-stick cookware and health is scorching. Once you scorch your cookware, you emit harmful fumes into the air that can cause Teflon-flu and can be harmful to pet birds if they are kept in the kitchen area. Since our Executive and Professional line offer Autograph Teflon and can be used with high heat, you won't be scorching the Teflon.

Also, I am pretty certain that eating Teflon can be an issue for some people. But all three lines of our cookware offer "baked" on Teflon which will not chip. flake or peel...so you won't be eating any Teflon.

I am sorry I don't have any articles on this but it seems to ease the mind of my customers.

Hope it helps!

I just got this from my upline director.....

A News Update for Executive Directors

of The Pampered Chef

(630) 261-8900 phone (630) 261-8588 Fax

EXECUFLASH
One Pampered Chef Lane, Addison, IL 60101-5630

Dear Executive Director,

I would like to address an issue that has appeared in the news recently regarding an agent used in the manufacture of Teflon®. The issue raised in the media relates to emissions from the manufacturing process at DuPont facilities, not to products with a Teflon® coating, like cookware.

Earlier this week Dupont pledged its commitment to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to eliminate the emissions of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) from its Teflon® manufacturing facilities by 2015. Yesterday it was reported by the Chicago Tribune and other news agencies that both the EPA and Dupont agreed that consumers who use cookware with Teflon® coating can be confident that the products are safe to use.

On its website, Dupont reports that rigorous scientific testing has shown that PFOA is not released from Teflon® non-stick cookware even under some extreme cooking conditions. According to DuPont, studies show that even when cookware coated with Teflon® was scratched with a knife, no PFOA was detected under typical consumer use conditions.

We encourage you and your customers to continue using Pampered Chef Cookware with confidence. If you have any questions or would like more information, please refer to DuPont's Web site @ www.DuPont.com or www.Teflon.com.

Please feel free to share this with your downlines.

Thank you,

Rich Hlava

Senior Vice President, Operations

1. What is Teflon coating and why is it used on Pampered Chef cookware?

Teflon coating is a non-stick coating made of a synthetic polymer called polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE). It is used on Pampered Chef cookware to prevent food from sticking and make cooking and cleaning easier.

2. Is Teflon coating safe to use for cooking?

Yes, Teflon coating is safe to use for cooking. It is non-toxic and does not release any harmful chemicals when used at normal cooking temperatures. It is also FDA-approved for use in cookware.

3. How do I clean Pampered Chef cookware with Teflon coating?

To clean cookware with Teflon coating, it is recommended to use a mild dish soap and a soft sponge or cloth. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or utensils as they can damage the coating. Do not use metal utensils on the coating as they can scratch and damage it.

4. Can I use Pampered Chef cookware with Teflon coating in the oven?

Yes, most Pampered Chef cookware with Teflon coating is oven-safe up to a certain temperature. Please refer to the specific product's instructions for the recommended maximum oven temperature.

5. How long does the Teflon coating on Pampered Chef cookware last?

The longevity of the Teflon coating on Pampered Chef cookware depends on proper care and usage. With regular use and proper cleaning, the coating can last for several years. However, factors such as using metal utensils or high heat can shorten the lifespan of the coating.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Brenda Rutko
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefani
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
DebPC
  • BarbFlan