• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Feeling Lost After Graduation: Need a Prayer for Strength?

In summary, John graduated from college last week and is looking for a job. He has been contacted by a temp service and has started a two week job. He is also excited about working with cool people.
pampered1224
Silver Member
Well, I graduated last week. November 28, 2011. It is still rough going, as I am searching every where for a job. I have already gotten 1 rejection just because I have not worked for two years. I have also been stonewalled a couple of times too because I did NOT train in Microsoft Office products and as an IT person, apparently I should know those too. So... I know something is coming. I have enough faith to know that. The when part and the waiting part is going to kill me! Pat is also no help right now as he just entered the mourning phase of loosing his job. The other really fun part of this is that I get to call the mortgage company and my car loan place tomorrow to see if we can skip payments. We have already dealt with the power and gas company. With no income, there can be no payments that big! Pat's money can only go so far. Luckily I did have one show this month so there is some hope. I also can not get anyone to book January. I also know at this point I will not be going to Spring Launch even though it is right here in Milwaukee. Ain't that a kick! Oh well, things will work out I know that. So pray for me to have the strength to hold tight and to make wise decisions.

Prayers for you and Pat...it cannot be easy, but it WILL turn around...

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jermiah 29:11

God is always on time. Remember that His timing is perfect and whaterver you are going through...HE is in control. Accept what He has and KNOW that He is God and everything will fall into place. Walk by Faith!

Hang in there and keep the faith! God does have plans for you and Pat so stay strong.
You are in a position to ask for what's called "deferment of your mortgage and car payments and any other loans per se" due to your circumstances. They should work with you. You are also in a great position to apply for food stamps and energy assistance. I hope that you feel you are able to do this just until you don't need it anymore. Hugs and prayers your way.

BIG (((hugs)))! Here's my challenge to you. Get on the phone and GO FOR NO! Make calls all day today, tomorrow ... even Friday if you need to. Don't quit until 100 people have told you NO to booking a show. Pampered Chef can be your saving grace while you are trying to find a job. And who knows! A contact at a PC show just might be the one to lead you to a career in your new field. ;)

I like to qoute robert schuler here. "tough times don't last tough people do." hang in there everything will workout. Sometimes when god opens a door you have find out which one it is. I know I have had to look for it a few times myself. it does get better.

Prayers said, my friend.

Thinking about you John! I agree with Shiela, use this time to work your PC business. It may just be that door to a new job, or even THE job! And, it'll fill your time, keep you "working" and you'll get those yes's as you go for the no's. Praying for strength for today, hope for tomorrow, and peace through the trials and joys of life.

Thanks everyone! Well one bit of good news. One of the temp services I am registered with called me this am. I actually started a two week job today! They called at 8 a.m. I was in my car and there by 9:30! I will be installing new hardware at a company 20 minutes from home! I will work from 8 to 5 and will be done on the 23rd. It may be extended if what I heard was correct and it gets me something to show the temp service about what I can do!!!
I will say I am exhausted as I stayed up until 1:30 a.m. last night. (Can't help it as I am so hooked on the Hallmark channel's Christmas movies!)
I am also very excited as the people I work with are really cool! Baby steps, baby steps! At least these are going in the right direction!
HUGS EVERYONE!!!!

Great news, John! After a week there, just bring in a catalog with you to look at over lunch. New contacts :) Don't be shy about letting people there know that you're looking for permanent work. They may know people at other companies that are hiring. I believe they call that "networking." :)

will keep you in my prayers! and congrats on the job :D

WAHOO!!!!!!! Congrats; will keep the prayers going for continued success. Definitely network; the IT world is full of opportunities that come out of nowhere.

Well, Pat got knocked down again yesterday when a job he applied for called and told him he was not chosen. I don't know what to do for him at this point. I was there but he was of no help so I had to pull myself up but nothing I do or say seems to help. I still have nothing but I did find 12 new postings for jobs between yesterday and today and applied to all of them even if I felt I did not have everything they were looking for. I figured out that if I apply to all the jobs I think I could do, one will help. what I hate is that I have two apps out from the beginning of December and have heard nothing. I even called both of them today to see what the status was then found one of them still posted on the job site where I found it originally. So I keep smiling and filing apps! I got mad though at Pat when at 5, he was back in bed, for the 4th time today and I went in asked what I supposed to do about dinner. I did not raise my voice and simply told him to sleep and I was making myself soup. He got up at 6:33 - just walked in - and asked what was for dinner! SERIOUSLY????? Well, he is on his own. I told him about the soup and the left over short rib and little smokies and he could pop a potato on the micro wave. This after I filled out 5 apps, fixed the hand railing going into the basement, did dishes and made several PC calls. UGGHHH!!!! I know, be patient.

1. How can I find strength through prayer?

The best way to find strength through prayer is to first find a quiet and peaceful place to pray. Then, focus your thoughts on your intentions and ask for strength to face whatever challenges you may be going through. You can also read or recite powerful prayers or affirmations to help strengthen your faith and resolve.

2. Can I pray for strength even if I am not religious?

Yes, you can pray for strength even if you do not follow a specific religion. Prayer is a powerful tool that can be used by anyone, regardless of their beliefs. You can pray to a higher power, the universe, or simply focus your thoughts and intentions on finding inner strength.

3. How often should I pray for strength?

There is no set rule for how often you should pray for strength. It is important to listen to your inner guidance and pray whenever you feel the need for strength. Some people find it helpful to pray daily, while others may only pray during difficult times. The important thing is to pray from a place of sincerity and belief.

4. Can I pray for strength for others?

Yes, you can definitely pray for strength for others. In fact, praying for the strength and well-being of others is a selfless act that can bring peace and comfort to both the person praying and the person being prayed for. You can include others in your prayers for strength, or specifically say a prayer for someone who may be going through a difficult time.

5. Is there a specific prayer for strength that I can use?

There are many different prayers for strength that you can use, depending on your personal beliefs and preferences. Some popular prayers for strength include the Serenity Prayer, the Prayer of St. Francis, and the Prayer for Inner Strength. You can also create your own prayer or affirmation that resonates with you and helps you find strength.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
colegrovet
  • pampered1224
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
wadesgirl
  • pamperedlinda