• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need help with non-cooking appetizers for a hair salon show?

In summary, the hostess is having trouble coming up with a dinner menu for a show she is doing on a hair salon, and she is looking for ideas. A past host recommended that she show off her kitchen with a cold BLT dip, a set of dips, and a chili lime meatball crockpot.
Chefgirl2
Gold Member
Help! I'm doing a show on Thursday on a hair salon. The hostess wants to do an appetizer show, but only has a microwave. I would love to show DCB...I'm stumped.

Oh, she is fixated on making bread in the old metal tubes and bringing it to the party. I know I could do a cold BLT dip...but it's just not the DCB...

Any suggestions?

Not the DCB, but you could make the Honey-Apple Brie Bites ahead of time and take them already made.

How about a set of dips to show off the pantry items? Either creamy ones using the spices or use cream cheese & the sauces...

I would do the oil dipping seasonings w/ bread (could even use her tubes of bread)

Pineapple rum sauce over cream cheese w/ crackers...

and then just paint word pictures w/ the DCB. My show last Sat, that's all I did - I sold 3 of them outright, and booked 2 December shows and 1 January show just because I talked about all of the incredible meals etc...made in the DCB.

Use words like "this magic pot will revolutionize the way you cook in your kitchen"!
"Your family can eat better and healthier than ever before, and love every bite!"
"Anyone here like peanut butter and chocolate? Because if you don't, I don't need to go any further...if you do - I can tell you about the most amazing dessert you can make in 12 minutes. " (then let them know about the choc & PB flowing down the sides of the cake as you scoop it out...)

Oh - the chili lime meatballs can be made ahead, and served in the DCB like a crockpot. Those are YUMMY!

You could make the Hot Pizza Dip doubled in the DCB in the microwave and that would be good to serve with her bread that she's making...

:love:Update: This hostess that I met on Thursday Nov 5th ended up having the party (Nov 12th) catered w/ smoked ribs, brisket and pulled pork! OMG it was sooo yummy. I ended up making the Black Forest Trifle and baked a Molten Lava Chocolate cake hours earlier in the DCB to bring cold to the show.

The past host called at 4:55 yesterday wondering if I was serious about letting her have the show if she signed up as a consultant. When I left Past Host's show she had 3 recruit leads, 2 bookings and $794 in sales that closed at $1,002. She used to sell from 1994-2000 and oozed fun! I was serious. Even though I knew last night's show would be good, I knew having her join up would be the smart move.

She was signed up by 5:05. She met me there, we made the recipe and had a blast! Sales are $1,169 and there are several booking leads. I told Past Host that she was in the best position for promoting that I had ever seen. She realized before I could say it that she should recruit the current host, her own daughter and 2 other leads. She knows PC, loves PC and used to be a Director!!

She booked from a catalog show.

I am so amazed.

I just had to share because in 11 years this was one of the most exciting things that has ever happened!! I think I'm going to copy this and post it in that super long thread about the new product sign on bonus. It's what motivated me! I love this site! WaHooo!!!:love:

Last edited:

What are some easy non-cooking appetizer ideas for a party?

Some easy non-cooking appetizer ideas include fruit and cheese platters, veggie and dip platters, antipasto skewers, and bruschetta.

Can I make a non-cooking appetizer in advance?

Yes, many non-cooking appetizers can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. This can save time and stress on the day of your party.

Are there any non-cooking appetizers that are gluten-free?

Yes, there are many gluten-free options for non-cooking appetizers such as deviled eggs, caprese salad skewers, and hummus with veggies.

Do I need to use special equipment to make a non-cooking appetizer?

No, most non-cooking appetizers can be made with basic kitchen tools such as a cutting board, knife, and serving platters. However, if you want to get creative, there are tools like melon ballers and cookie cutters that can add a fun touch to your appetizers.

Can I substitute ingredients in a non-cooking appetizer recipe?

Yes, you can definitely substitute ingredients in a non-cooking appetizer recipe to fit your personal preferences or dietary restrictions. Just make sure to keep the overall balance of flavors and textures in mind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikki70563
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
jrstephens
  • leftymac
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pampcheflisa
  • finley1991