• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Personal Find the Perfect Dishwasher: Top Brands and Features Reviewed

In summary, anyone have suggestions on what brand to purchase? There are so many to choose from. I think I'm wanting a tall tub with adjustable racks. Beyond that..don't think I care. Does anyone have one they love?i have 3 they are named, one is almost ready to move out.
flemings99
Gold Member
Anyone have suggestions on what brand to purchase? There are so many to choose from. I think I'm wanting a tall tub with adjustable racks. Beyond that..don't think I care. Does anyone have one they love?

i have 3 they are named, one is almost ready to move out. As far as the mechanical ones I would also like to hear what people like so I can replace mine, as they get older they are too busy lol.

Q: Why does the bride wear a white dress?A: The dishwasher should match the rest of the appliances.

I've got a Kenmore Elite, stainless. LOVE it!! One of the things DH was adamant about when we were shopping was that it have a stainless tub because the plastic ones start looking bad and grimy. Ours has a lot of moveable supports, and the top rack is adjustable vertically. There are many features that I don't plan on using (like the rack for big knives), but some that will come in handy once in a while (like the stemware holders). It's also super quiet and really efficient, water-wise. The full cycle uses 10 gallons of water. Of course, it takes 3 hours with the dry, but that's because it filters and recirculates the water. It also has a delay start, so I can load it after dinner and set it to come on after bed, when we're not using any other water.

My Earth Day response...I'd suggest saving some $$ and finding a used Kitchen Aid (made by Hobart, the company used in industrial kitchens) model that has a "blow drier" for hot drying dishes, as opposed to the 90% market share that has an oven heating element in the bottom for cooking the dishes dry.For about 1/3 the cost of a new unit, you can find a good unit that cleans dishes great. And if you have to replace it in 5-6 years, do the same thing again...It is better for the environment to re-use ones still 'in existence' rather than buying new.And less earth-day response... As far as noise, if you can find it, a Bosch model is the quietest I've ever found. I think it still cooks the dishes dry, though.

Even the Kitchen Aids have their down sides. That's what I had in my previous house, and it used 45 gallons of water per wash, 4 times the amount of my new one. And, many newer models have an option to turn off the dry cycle completely, which is even better for the environment (and will help humidify your house in the winter - just crack open the door after the rinse is done and the water has drained).

My personal favorite is Bosch. They make a GREAT machine. Visit the library and look at back issues of Consumer Report. This is a wonderful resource when doing research on large ticket purchases.

One warning on Bosch...you have to TOTALLY rinse the dishes. Bosch has no disposal in the dishwasher like most american models. They are quiet, and do clean well...but a pain to have to rinse the dishes so much (to me.)

We just got a new dishwasher before Christmas....got an Electrolux and love it! It has the touch control panel and stainless interior. The upper rack adjusts 3 different heights. And, it is SOOOO quiet that I seriously don't know it's running if someone other than myself starts it! :rolleyes: (which technically doesn't happen often, but that's another story!:D)
Jen

love my Maytag I think it is quiet series 300 it has 3 racks the bottom one is flat and hold platters and cutting boards

This is my 3rd dw in this house, (I run it -3-4 times a day) the first 2 were Jennair this one I've had 4 years and love it.

Thanks for all the responses. If any of you are in MO--we get FREE sales tax on all energy star appliances, heating/cooling and so on--this week only.

lestat_de_leon said:
One warning on Bosch...you have to TOTALLY rinse the dishes. Bosch has no disposal in the dishwasher like most american models. They are quiet, and do clean well...but a pain to have to rinse the dishes so much (to me.)

We had a BOSCH and LOVED LOVED LOVED IT! Ours had a food grinder in it--we NEVER rinsed dishes and they came out CLEAN!

I have the higher end Kitchen Aide -- I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!

It is very quiet (my 9 year old this past weekend asked if the dishes were clean or dirty. I said "Don't you hear the dishwasher running" . He was standing right next to and said "NO".) All you hear is a soft swishing sound.

As long as the Jet Dry is in it the dishes are clean. I do not pre-wash/rinse.

My parents have always had a Bosch and my sister and best friend as well. They are WONDERFUL! They don't rinse the dishes, even put in crusty dishes sometimes, and everything comes out so clean--the SS tub is so nice and it is so quiet! I'm so jealous, because our builder only has GE appliances to choose from. We got the GE Profile, and I like the rack layouts, but I hate the noise, the plastic inside (wish I had a SS tub) and I have to rinse everything so well. Such a waste of water having to be sure all the food particles are off.The Bosch brand, you can get the lowest model and it'll still be better than some of the high end models of other brands.

One thing to look for is Nylon Racks. The dishwasher I had before my new one had the regular coated racks and they chipped and rusted. My new one has Nylon racks and I love them.

Just a heads up for those that do have Bosch dishwashers. They have recalled some of them because the electrical component is overheating. I only mention this because I had a very good host of mine have her house catch on fire because of her Bosch dishwasher. She didn't even know about the recall until 2 MONTHS after her house caught on fire. Here is a link with some more information:

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/home/2009/01/bosch-recall.html

heather223 said:
Just a heads up for those that do have Bosch dishwashers. They have recalled some of them because the electrical component is overheating. I only mention this because I had a very good host of mine have her house catch on fire because of her Bosch dishwasher. She didn't even know about the recall until 2 MONTHS after her house caught on fire. Here is a link with some more information:

http://blogs.consumerreports.org/home/2009/01/bosch-recall.html

Oh my, I'll tell my Mom, they have a Bosch. When we went to buy a new one, I tried to find a dealer of Bosch here since my Mom loves hers, but they don't sell them here??? I couldn't believe it.

I ended up with a Magtag (the guy told me it was made by Whilpool, they make some 80% of all appliance). I love it, it has a sanatize cycle which I love especially now that I bring home tools that everyone else touches. ;)

babywings76 said:
I'm so jealous, because our builder only has GE appliances to choose from.

Our builder did as well. So we let them put in the cheapest model GE (it was included in the sales price). They wouldn't let us take possession with no appliances.

We then went and bought all our own appliances and sold all the GE crap on Craigslist.

DebbieJ said:
Our builder did as well. So we let them put in the cheapest model GE (it was included in the sales price). They wouldn't let us take possession with no appliances.We then went and bought all our own appliances and sold all the GE crap on Craigslist.
:thumbup: Ha! LOVE it! That's great! Because we upgraded the kitchen style overall, it automatically bumped us up to a higher level of the appliances.I have been tempted to looking into selling this dishwasher and getting a Bosch. Well, for now we just have to deal with it. We're putting all our extra money right now into landscaping. :)

I need a new dishwasher too. Mine keeps whining every time I ask him to help.

Thanks for all the suggestions. We got one this evening--on order but I ended up getting it for $45 less than expected + No sales tax b/c of the state tax holiday :)

What are the top dishwasher brands?

The top dishwasher brands include Bosch, KitchenAid, Whirlpool, Miele, and GE.

What features should I look for in a dishwasher?

Some important features to consider when looking for a dishwasher are capacity, noise level, energy efficiency, and wash cycle options.

How do I know what size dishwasher I need?

The size of dishwasher you need will depend on the size of your kitchen and your household's dishwashing needs. Measure the space where you plan to install the dishwasher and look for models that fit within those dimensions.

Are there any dishwasher brands known for their reliability?

Some dishwasher brands that are known for their reliability include Bosch, Miele, and KitchenAid.

What is the average lifespan of a dishwasher?

The average lifespan of a dishwasher is around 9-10 years. However, with proper maintenance and care, some models can last up to 15 years.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• nikki70563
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
nikki70563
  • Teresa Lynn
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
missydivine
Replies