• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a 'Different but Yummy' Recipe Idea

In summary, my show next weekend. My host definitely wants dessert since she's been to two of my shows and they were both 'savory' recipes. This is her first time hosting a PC show however the group of gals that are attending are my groupies and have been to at least 18 of my shows over the last 2 1/2 years (since I met them). So far the desserts I've made for them are: two different trifles, mango salsa sundae cups, strawberry amaretto pastries, strawberry bruschetta, warm caramel nutty brownies, profiterole puffs, chocolate chip sensation, pecan tassies, sticky caramel mini cakes, banana toffee pizza, and fruit pizza. Does
kcjodih
Gold Member
for my show next weekend. My host definitely wants dessert since she's been to two of my shows and they were both 'savory' recipes. This is her first time hosting a PC show however the group of gals that are attending are my groupies and have been to at least 18 of my shows over the last 2 1/2 years (since I met them). So far the desserts I've made for them are:

-2 different trifles
-mango salsa sundae cups
-strawberry amaretto pastries
-strawberry bruschetta
-warm caramel nutty brownies
-profiterole puffs
-chocolate chip sensation
-pecan tassies
-sticky caramel mini cakes
-banana toffee pizza

So does anyone have something different but yummy that's a favorite demo of yours that I could make for my groupies? I'm soooo stuck! Thanks in advance!

If you like interactive shows, Chocolate Banana Phyllo Bundles might be good---have everyone assemble their own.Fruit Pizza? We have several versions.

I like the Chocolate Pecan Tart from a few Season's Bests ago. Easy, fast and lots of yummy!

I love the Cool Lime Napoleans. Easy and fun using great products like the MAG, Large Bar Pan, Citrus Press, and EAD.

Island Breeze Rum Cake

cmdtrgd said:
I like the Chocolate Pecan Tart from a few Season's Bests ago. Easy, fast and lots of yummy!

Oops, forgot I made that for 'some' of the group at another show. Kate, TOO funny that's one recipe I had NO luck with! My crust and 'lattice' were a disaster LOL Once bitten, twice shy...never made it again!

Sundae Dessert Squares..sort of a no bake except for the crust that can be done ahead...these are a summer fav of mine and guests too

pckrissy said:
Sundae Dessert Squares..sort of a no bake except for the crust that can be done ahead...these are a summer fav of mine and guests too

Hmmm....is this the 'official' name of them? I've never heard of it. Do you know which cookbook it's in? I'm off to check out the Cool Lime Napoleans and also the Island Breeze Rum Cake recipes too. Has anyone made either of these? If so, easy? yummy?

What about a Coldstone show? Search for it here and in the files and you'll find tons of info.

I love the Summer Berry Shortcakes in the SB. Works great for the hands on shows. Very Yummy! Also, like the Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries, easy with lots of WOW.

Here's a fun recipe that isn't PC. :love:

Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball:

1 pkg. (8oz) cream cheese, soft
1/2 cup butter (the real stuff--no subs), softened
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
2 tbs brown sugar
3/4 cup Mini semisweet choc chips
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)

Graham crackers---I buy the graham cracker sticks in chocolate and regular.

In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Grad add sugars; mix just until combined. Stir in choc chips. Cover and refrig. 2 hrs. (IF YOU CAN WAIT THAT LONG :)

Place cream cheese mix on large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrig. at least 1 hour. Just before serving roll in pecans. Makes about 2 cups.

**We've never rolled ours in the nuts. I usually skip the rolling part and just put it in a bowl and mound the top. The chillzanne products work great for this.

DebbieJ said:
What about a Coldstone show? Search for it here and in the files and you'll find tons of info.

This sounds entirely evil and I LOVE it...I will be searching up and down for this! Thanks for the heads up! I cant burn cold stuff!!

Thanks,
D

flemings99 said:
I love the Summer Berry Shortcakes in the SB. Works great for the hands on shows. Very Yummy! Also, like the Chocolate Velvet Cake with Strawberries, easy with lots of WOW.

1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs brown sugar

In mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy. Grad add sugars; mix just until combined. Stir in choc chips. Cover and refrig. 2 hrs. (IF YOU CAN WAIT THAT LONG :)

Place cream cheese mix on large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrig. at least 1 hour. Just before serving roll in pecans. Makes about 2 cups.

**We've never rolled ours in the nuts. I usually skip the rolling part and just put it in a bowl and mound the top. The chillzanne products work great for this.

I forgot about both of those recipes....maybe the shortcakes...

Now that recipe above sounds AWESOME!! Have you ever made it for a PC show though? I've never done a non PC recipe at a show and I'm concerned about the 2 hours refrig required. I know the chilzanne will help, but how well? Thanks soooo much for this.

DebbieJ said:

Hmm...I believe she mentioned she didn't 'do' ice cream - lactose intolerant or something...thanks though!

kcjodih said:
Hmmm....is this the 'official' name of them? I've never heard of it. Do you know which cookbook it's in? I'm off to check out the Cool Lime Napoleans and also the Island Breeze Rum Cake recipes too. Has anyone made either of these? If so, easy? yummy?

I don't know if that is the official name, or if it is in a cookbook, I can send you the recipe...it is done with crescent rolls on the LG bar pan, a cream cheese and powdered sugar spread topped with strawberries, pineapples, blueberries, etc and whipped cream...nuts too if you want...I will find my recipe and post it...

Normally, I would choose a chocolate dessert, but these are sooo good.

Cool Lime Napoleons
8 oz refrigerated crescent rolls
3 kiwi sliced (8 slices per kiwi)
11 oz mandarin oranges
2 large limes (probably one is fine)
8 oz cool whip (I use lite)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds to sprinkle (roasted almonds are tastier)
powdered sugar to sprinkle

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lighly sprinkle bar pan with flour. Unroll crescent dough across length of pan, pinch seams to seal. Lightly sprinkle dough with flour. Roll dough out to cover bottom of pan. Prick dough with a fork. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes on cooling rack. Carfully remove pastry from pan to coolin rack; cool completely. Place crescent pastry on large cutting surface and cut it into 24 squares with a pizza cutter (6 rows by 4 rows).
Zest lime and place 1 teaspoon of zest into the cool whip. Juice the lime for 2 tablespoons of juice, and pour it into cool whip. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar to the cool whip. Mix until smooth. Place the cool whip mixture into the Easy Accent Decorator and fill it completely. Place one kiwi slice and one mandarin slice on each pastry square. Pipe a 1 1/2 inch rosette onto center of each pastry square, refilling decorator as needed. Sprinkle chopped almonds over rosettes. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.
OPTIONAL: Place one pastry on top of another pressing down lightly. Repeat with remaining pastry squares. This looks pretty, but it's very messy.

Sundae Dessert Squares

2 pkgs. (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
2 cans (8 oz each) pineapple tidbits drained
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
¼ Cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
¼ Cup chopped peanuts (optional)
2 Cups (1 qt) hulled and sliced Strawberries
2 Cups thawed Cool Whip
2 small bananas, sliced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll one package of crescent rolls across one end of Stoneware Bar Pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan. Using Baker’s Roller roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides to form a crust. Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Place cream cheese and powdered sugar in Small Batter Bowl; mix until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust. Slice strawberries and bananas using Egg Slicer Plus. Drain Pineapple. Arrange strawberry slices, banana slices and pineapple over cream cheese mixture. Drizzle Chocolate Fudge topping over fruit. If desired coarsely chop peanuts using the Food Chopper, sprinkle over fruit. Attach open star tip to the Easy Accent Decorator, fill with whipped topping. Pipe a decorative border around edge of dessert ( I also did whipped topping on top of fruit). Slice into squares. Serve using the Mini-Spatula.

ENJOY!!!

Makes 12 servings or 24 sample servings.

I love the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake -- or any cake done in the 12" skillet!! I also love the Chicken Clubhouse Squares - both found in All the Best cookbook!! YUM!

pckrissy said:
Sundae Dessert Squares

2 pkgs. (8 oz) refrigerated crescent rolls
2 cans (8 oz each) pineapple tidbits drained
1 pkg (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
¼ Cup chocolate fudge ice cream topping
½ Cup Powdered Sugar
¼ Cup chopped peanuts (optional)
2 Cups (1 qt) hulled and sliced Strawberries
2 Cups thawed Cool Whip
2 small bananas, sliced

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Unroll one package of crescent rolls across one end of Stoneware Bar Pan with longest sides of dough across width of pan. Repeat with remaining package of dough, filling pan. Using Baker’s Roller roll dough to seal perforations and press up sides to form a crust. Bake 12 – 15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Place cream cheese and powdered sugar in Small Batter Bowl; mix until smooth. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cooled crust. Slice strawberries and bananas using Egg Slicer Plus. Drain Pineapple. Arrange strawberry slices, banana slices and pineapple over cream cheese mixture. Drizzle Chocolate Fudge topping over fruit. If desired coarsely chop peanuts using the Food Chopper, sprinkle over fruit. Attach open star tip to the Easy Accent Decorator, fill with whipped topping. Pipe a decorative border around edge of dessert ( I also did whipped topping on top of fruit). Slice into squares. Serve using the Mini-Spatula.

ENJOY!!!

Makes 12 servings or 24 sample servings.

This sounds delicious thank you!

JAE said:
Normally, I would choose a chocolate dessert, but these are sooo good.

Cool Lime Napoleons
8 oz refrigerated crescent rolls
3 kiwi sliced (8 slices per kiwi)
11 oz mandarin oranges
2 large limes (probably one is fine)
8 oz cool whip (I use lite)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped almonds to sprinkle (roasted almonds are tastier)
powdered sugar to sprinkle

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lighly sprinkle bar pan with flour. Unroll crescent dough across length of pan, pinch seams to seal. Lightly sprinkle dough with flour. Roll dough out to cover bottom of pan. Prick dough with a fork. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes on cooling rack. Carfully remove pastry from pan to coolin rack; cool completely. Place crescent pastry on large cutting surface and cut it into 24 squares with a pizza cutter (6 rows by 4 rows).
Zest lime and place 1 teaspoon of zest into the cool whip. Juice the lime for 2 tablespoons of juice, and pour it into cool whip. Add 1/2 cup powdered sugar to the cool whip. Mix until smooth. Place the cool whip mixture into the Easy Accent Decorator and fill it completely. Place one kiwi slice and one mandarin slice on each pastry square. Pipe a 1 1/2 inch rosette onto center of each pastry square, refilling decorator as needed. Sprinkle chopped almonds over rosettes. Lightly sprinkle with powdered sugar.
OPTIONAL: Place one pastry on top of another pressing down lightly. Repeat with remaining pastry squares. This looks pretty, but it's very messy.

Thanks so much for sharing this! I went to the website and typed in cool lime napoleans in the recipe line, lime in the ingredients, lime in the 'keyword' and STILL couldn't get the darn recipe! MUCH appreciated! I think I'll send a bunch of these to her and see what she thinks..

DebbieJ said:
If you like interactive shows, Chocolate Banana Phyllo Bundles might be good---have everyone assemble their own.

Fruit Pizza? We have several versions.

Deb, what book is this in?

I recommend the Peanutty Chocolate Cake - it's a micro cake done in the Stoneware Fluted pan an dit ROCKS!

The Banana Chocolate Phyllo Bundles are from a SBRC from a couple of years ago. Sorry, I don't remember specifically which one.I've made the Island Breeze Rum Cake at a show, and it's a good demo. It shows a lot of tools. My SD has been using the Torte Pans at shows to talk about making bakery-like desserts at home for a fraction of the cost of buying one. And boy does that cake look like a bakery dessert!

kcjodih said:
Thanks so much for sharing this! I went to the website and typed in cool lime napoleans in the recipe line, lime in the ingredients, lime in the 'keyword' and STILL couldn't get the darn recipe! MUCH appreciated! I think I'll send a bunch of these to her and see what she thinks..
This was on the cover of an old SBRC. They are very cute/pretty. The only thing is that the crescent has to be baked and cooled before the show starts. I don't do any of the prep at home before the show, so the host has to have the right stone. If you don't mind doing it at home then it will work. If you arrive early enough, you can do it right when you arrive. It's a good interactive recipe.

These are really yummy. The left over cool whip would be so good in the Profiterole Puffs (or eaten straight out of the EAD:)).

1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbs brown sugar

**We've never rolled ours in the nuts. I usually skip the rolling part and just put it in a bowl and mound the top. The chillzanne products work great for this.[/QUOTE]

Haven't done it at a show, if you have the chillzanne I think you would be fine. The refrig. time is so the crm. cheese will set up enough to roll it into a ball. I never roll mine into a cheese ball shape, just scoop it into the bowl & go for it.

Love all the ideas on here. When kids are beside me going crazy, I'll have to come back on here & print them off. Thanks.

kcjodih said:
Deb, what book is this in?

It was in a Season's Best....Fall of 05 I think.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the berries and stars! It looks so pretty, and uses a decent amount of things (core and more is so awesome for hulling strawberries), EAD, and the little stars are sooo cute. I think it is a great dessert for Summer!

Personally the filling was way too sweet for me, but after I added some lite sour cream, it was sooo good. Lighter and fluffier, creamy, not so sweet, and the lemon flavour (in my opinion) really came through better than before I added the sour cream. And it still worked fine in the EAD.

Chocolate Raspberry Dream Torte

So which recipe did you decide to make?

Not sure JAE! I've emailed her 6 to choose from - napoleans, the shortcakes, choc cheese ball, choc banana bundles, dessert pizza and the peanutty micro cake that Carolyn suggested. This is 4 more choices than I normally give but since I haven't had any of these I couldn't/didn't want to choose ;) I'll let you know what she decides.

1. What are some different types of recipes that use Pampered Chef products?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipe ideas, including main dishes, sides, desserts, and even snacks. Some popular options include using the Quick Cooker for fast and flavorful meals, the Rockcrok for delicious one-pot recipes, and the Deep Covered Baker for roasting meats and vegetables. You can also find recipes for using Pampered Chef tools for baking, grilling, and more.

2. Can I find recipes that cater to specific dietary restrictions?

Yes! Pampered Chef offers a range of recipes that cater to different dietary needs, such as gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian options. You can easily search for these recipes on our website or reach out to a Pampered Chef consultant for personalized recommendations based on your specific needs.

3. How can I make a recipe using Pampered Chef products more unique?

One way to add a unique twist to a recipe is by incorporating different spices, herbs, or sauces. You can also experiment with different cooking methods, such as using the Grill Pan for a smoky flavor or the Multipot for a slow-cooked dish. Another option is to substitute ingredients to suit your taste preferences, such as using different types of protein or vegetables.

4. Are there any recipes that are kid-friendly?

Absolutely! Pampered Chef offers a variety of recipes that are not only tasty but also family-friendly. You can find recipes that are simple and easy to make with the help of your little ones, as well as recipes that cater to picky eaters. Our website also has a section dedicated to kid-friendly recipes, so you can easily find options that your kids will love.

5. Can I get creative with my own recipe ideas using Pampered Chef products?

Definitely! Pampered Chef products are versatile and can be used in a variety of ways to create unique and delicious recipes. You can also find inspiration from other Pampered Chef users through our online community and social media pages. Don't be afraid to get creative and try new things with your favorite Pampered Chef products!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Tara1021
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Teresa Lynn
  • kam
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
kam
  • elizabethfox