1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need a dessert recipe idea

1. kcjodih

kcjodih Legacy Member Gold Member

for a show next week. She doesn't want the chocolate mousse cups or any cookies but I'm thinking a dessert pizza wouldn't be the way to go due to the holidays and all. I seem to be getting the feeling she would like something that people could make to serve (like a WOW recipe) or make to share (like a square of some sort).

Anyone?

Dec 1, 2005
  2. pchefinski

pchefinski Advanced Member

How about the Banana Toffee Pizza, Streusal Berry Tart, Ice cream sandwich torte or banana chocolate phyllo bundles?

Dec 1, 2005
  3. kcjodih

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately it's cold here so she doesn't want an ice cream dessert, doesn't want a pizza so Banana Toffee's out, has already had the Banana Phyllo bundles AND............. is driving me crazy!!! She called me tonight and wants me to get back to her by tomorrow for her show that's next week! It will be my birthday tomorrow and I really don't feel like the hassle! (horrible, I know!) I'm just hoping to call her with a couple choices, leave it in her hands and be done with it! ARGGG

Dec 1, 2005
  4. Yummy, warm, chocolate cake

I have had GREAT success with the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake--it's warm, elegant looking & very delicious! If you have the family-sized skillet, I think it will be a big hit for you.

Dec 1, 2005
  5. pamperedalf

pamperedalf Senior Member Silver Member

A lot of my guest like the microwave pinapple upside down cake, and I always serve it warm with cool whip. I also do a chocolate pudding cake that I serve warm.
    I have it mixed when I get there or before and bake it there, so they are smelling it during the whole show.
    1 box of chocolate cake
    1 lrg box of instant or cook n serve choc. pudding
    3 cups of mild
    1 bag of choclate chips
    I bake it in the rect. baker on 375 for 50 minutes.
    Warm milk in lrg batter bowl for 3 min. Slowly mix in pudding, then mix in cake mix. Poor in baker, then sprinkle chocolate chips over top and bake. You can serve it by itself or with ice cream, whip cream and berries. It's easy and it taste good. Check with cake tester, when clean you have 5 minutes left then it is done. Cake usually comes out right at the end of the demo.
    Another good recipe is the chocolate macaroon pizza. I make it in the bar pan so it is like bars,and everyone loves it. It is located in all the best. If you need it I will email it to you. Good luck!
    Amanda

Dec 2, 2005
  6. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Quick Apple Crumb

I am not sure the exact name of this recipe, but it is absolutely fabulous. It will show the ACPS if you have it. If not the Apple Wedger will work as well you just have to make an additional slice to get the slices a little smaller so they will cook up faster.

The secret is the yummy yellow cake mix topping. It is a quick dessert that packs a huge WOW once its in your mouth.

Dec 2, 2005
  7. Marg

Marg Advanced Member

I second the Turtle fudge skillet cake! I always get rave reviews when I make it.
    And Happy Birthday! It's my dad's birthday today too!

Dec 2, 2005
  8. kcjodih

Awww thanks Marg!

Thanks for noticing! I did end up offering her the Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake since I love it as well and she had left a message for me that she wanted something chocolate. Then she said she wanted some sort of squares and ended up choosing the chocolate macaroon Pizza and wants me to convert it to squares. Any one have any idea if I need to double or triple it for the bar pan?

Dec 2, 2005
  9. Marg

Marg Advanced Member

I think doubling it would suffice.

Dec 2, 2005
  10. kcjodih

another thank you Marg! I'll send her the recipe with double the ingredients and pray for the best.

Dec 2, 2005
Have something to add?