1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Need a DCB recipe for 20+

1. lmradlein

lmradlein Member Gold Member

HELP! Just got an email from a host and I sent out 39 invites and 22 have RSVP!!!! I've never had that many for a party. I'm happy about it ~~but also worried about not having enough food. I like using the DCB but what would make enough for everyone and taste good! I'm not crazy about the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco the taste just isn't there for me. With it being summer I don't want to make chili ~~~ HELP!!!

Jun 13, 2009
  2. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

if you did a batch ahead of time the fajitas would work.

Jun 13, 2009
  3. Jinkies

Jinkies Member

I had the same dilemma a couple of years ago and learned a couple of things from it. One, not everyone is going to try the recipe. And secondly, we sell products not food (and I mean to say that in the nicest way possible!) With the grilled chicken penne al fresco, you can add more garlic and in different ways (pressed and sliced!) to give it more oomph and don't forget salt and pepper. Everybody is also getting just a taste, not a meal and you want them to want more (and have to get the DCB to do it!) Also, the white chicken chili is really, really good!

Jun 13, 2009
  4. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I'm facing this "dilemma" :D at two of my upcoming shows. I was nervous too, and have decided to just go with the recipe (Aloha pizza for both shows), and since so many will be there, I'm going to do a quick microwave cake. I figured with a small slice of the pizza to try, and then a small piece of cake...it is enough! I'm a consultant selling Kitchen Tools and Cookbooks, not a caterer. :D

Jun 13, 2009
  5. mscharf

mscharf Advanced Member

I did a show with 25 and did fajitas, but i doubled it!! I was able to fit 6 chicken breasts in you just have to move the chicken around a little bit after cooking for a while, and obviously you have to cook longer!! I also had the hostess get the smaller tortillas (so everyone got one, but a smaller portion) Feed all 25 and sold 4 DCB's and booked 3 shows!!!
    I am a firm DCB fan, no matter what!!!!

Jun 13, 2009
  6. pcsharon1

pcsharon1 Veteran Member Gold Member

I always offer a micro cake with that many people. It doesn't even have to be part of the demo - you can pop it in when people are doing introductions and have it out before you need the microwave for the main dish and then show it while waiting for the food to cook. Don't stress - it's a taste, not a dinner. And knowing this many people are coming, most hosts will have a few extra goodies on hand.

Jun 13, 2009
  7. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I always offer the same recipes, even if I'm expecting 1 or 30 people. It's not about the food. Your host can supply more food if she feels necessary.

Jun 13, 2009
  8. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

At our last cluster meeting, we practiced a demo with the Southwestern Chicken Salad. It made a bunch, the Large bamboo platter was quite full!!

It also showcased a lot of products, including the DCB!! I will try to find the recipe for you and post it if I find it!!

Jun 14, 2009
  9. etteluap70PC

Now that I think about it more it would be too much $ to double the fajitas. I think the pene al fresco would be better. It makes soooo much! Or just cook a 30 min chicken then use the meat on a salad.

We are not caterers, as others have said it is not about the food, thats just a bonus.

Jun 14, 2009
  10. diradt

diradt Member

I agree that the penne doesn't go far if you are looking to serve dinner but when I run into this, I make sure to take a larger dessert. (I love to bake so I provide dessert at my shows---something quick and cheap and displays the trifle bowl usually). The Chocolate PB Trifle goes a loooong way and they can have a taste of the pasta and more dessert if they are starving.

And keep in mind, not everyone will want to try the pasta. And chances are a few people wont show as well!

Jun 14, 2009
  11. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

I would love to see this recipe! Sounds really good!

Jun 14, 2009
  12. zmom58

zmom58 Member

Me too, or where can we find it??
    Deb

Jun 14, 2009
  13. lmradlein

Shelly, I would like the recipe if you can find it. I just want to use the DCB!

Jun 14, 2009
  14. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

Soutwest Chicken Salad for a crowd

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked for 8 minutes in DCB
    1 head green leaf, romaine or iceberg lettuce
    1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
    1/2 red bell pepper
    1/2 red or purple onion
    2 or 3 plum tomatoes
    2 limes
    4 oz block cheddar cheese
    lime flavored tortilla chips
    Southwestern seasoning or chipotle rub

Salad dressing:
    1 cup ranch dressing
    1 lime
    1 tbsp southwestern seasoning or chipotle rub

1. Sprinkle seasoning or rub on chicken in DCB, cook 8 minutes in microwave
    2. using utility knife, cut lime in half and juice over chicken using juicer
    3. using salad choppers, cut up the chicken right in DCB
    4. Clean lettuce leaves in salad spinner, once dry, wipe out the bowl of the spinner with paper towels. place leaves in bowl and chop with salad choppers
    5. slice red pepper with ultimate mandoline
    6. slice tomatoes with ultimate mandoline
    7. cut onion with ultimate mandoline
    8. using either microplane or zester, zest 1 lime into salad dressing
    9. cut lime in half, cut 2 slices for garnish and juice the rest into the dressing
    10. Stir seasoning into dressing and whisk with stainless whisk
    11. open can of beans with can opener and pour into strainer, rinse and let drain
    12. layer lettuce, and chicken onto large SA platter or large bamboo platter (I thought it looked really pretty on the bamboo).
    13. Pour beans and place tomatoes, red peppers and onions over chicken
    14. using rotary grater, grate cheese over all
    15. pour dressing over salad when you get ready to serve
    16. make curls with the reserved lime slices for a garnish if desired, you can also reserve a slice of red pepper for a garnish as well.

**This recipe sold me on the salad choppers!! Also, I hope to earn enough PC dollars to buy the salad spinner (I have a non-pc one now, but would like to show it).

Sorry it took me so long to post, had to work 12 hours yesterday!!

Jun 15, 2009
  15. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Wow! Thank you so much, this sounds fantastic!!! Can't wait to try it! Wondering if you could do it as a layered salad in the Trifle Bowl??? Hmmm, maybe not... IDK... sounds great the way you showed it! Thank you so much for sharing!

Jun 15, 2009
  16. emo812

emo812 Member

That sounds great! I just ordered the Salad Choppers and can't wait to use them at my next show. I was going to make the Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles but I'm wondering if I should do the Chicken Fajitas instead.

Jun 15, 2009
  17. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

Do Mini Chicken BBQ Sandwiches!

I did this for a fundraiser in May, we had 15 there and had leftovers. I used 2 lbs of chicken breasts (I bought the chicken tenders, so they would cook quicker) I sold 3 DCB, and booked 5 shows. :thumbup:

Jun 15, 2009
  18. etteluap70PC

Ohhh yes!!! This worked great when I brought it to a cluster meeting. I bought nice hot dog buns and cut them in half. Worked Great!

Jun 15, 2009
  19. lmradlein

THANK YOU SHELLY!!!! This is what I will make!!!

Jun 15, 2009
  20. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

Leigh,

You will have to let me know how it turns out!!! Glad I could help. You may want to throw in a dessert as well, just to stretch things a little further. Maybe something done ahead. With that many people, you want to keep the presentation short. Maybe have the chicken cooked just before the people get there, remember stuff can stay warm in the DCB up to 45 minutes!!

Jun 15, 2009
  21. lmradlein

Shelly, my show went great 3 bookings!!! One of the bookings will be in a restaurant!!! Not sure about that yet. But it's next month on the 21st so I got a little bit of time to think about it!

Jun 16, 2009
  22. shelly.nurse

shelly.nurse Member

That is so great, I am so glad that I could help out!!!

Jun 17, 2009
Have something to add?