• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

DCB Recipe for 20+ Guests | Easy & Delicious Options for Your Party

In summary, the conversation is about a consultant who is worried about having enough food for a large party and is looking for suggestions on what to make. Other consultants share their experiences and offer ideas such as making fajitas, doubling the recipe, or making a dessert to go with the main dish. They also discuss the importance of showcasing products and not stressing about the food as it is just a taste, not a full meal. They also mention a recipe for Southwestern Chicken Salad that was shared at a previous meeting.
lmradlein
Gold Member
HELP! Just got an email from a host and I sent out 39 invites and 22 have RSVP!!!! I've never had that many for a party. I'm happy about it ~~but also worried about not having enough food. I like using the DCB but what would make enough for everyone and taste good! I'm not crazy about the Grilled Chicken Penne al Fresco the taste just isn't there for me. With it being summer I don't want to make chili ~~~ HELP!!!

if you did a batch ahead of time the fajitas would work.

I had the same dilemma a couple of years ago and learned a couple of things from it. One, not everyone is going to try the recipe. And secondly, we sell products not food (and I mean to say that in the nicest way possible!) With the grilled chicken penne al fresco, you can add more garlic and in different ways (pressed and sliced!) to give it more oomph and don't forget salt and pepper. Everybody is also getting just a taste, not a meal and you want them to want more (and have to get the DCB to do it!) Also, the white chicken chili is really, really good!

I'm facing this "dilemma" :D at two of my upcoming shows. I was nervous too, and have decided to just go with the recipe (Aloha pizza for both shows), and since so many will be there, I'm going to do a quick microwave cake. I figured with a small slice of the pizza to try, and then a small piece of cake...it is enough! I'm a consultant selling Kitchen Tools and Cookbooks, not a caterer. :D

I did a show with 25 and did fajitas, but i doubled it!! I was able to fit 6 chicken breasts in you just have to move the chicken around a little bit after cooking for a while, and obviously you have to cook longer!! I also had the hostess get the smaller tortillas (so everyone got one, but a smaller portion) Feed all 25 and sold 4 DCB's and booked 3 shows!!!
I am a firm DCB fan, no matter what!!!!

I always offer a micro cake with that many people. It doesn't even have to be part of the demo - you can pop it in when people are doing introductions and have it out before you need the microwave for the main dish and then show it while waiting for the food to cook. Don't stress - it's a taste, not a dinner. And knowing this many people are coming, most hosts will have a few extra goodies on hand.

I always offer the same recipes, even if I'm expecting 1 or 30 people. It's not about the food. Your host can supply more food if she feels necessary.

At our last cluster meeting, we practiced a demo with the Southwestern Chicken Salad. It made a bunch, the Large bamboo platter was quite full!!

It also showcased a lot of products, including the DCB!! I will try to find the recipe for you and post it if I find it!!

Now that I think about it more it would be too much $ to double the fajitas. I think the pene al fresco would be better. It makes soooo much! Or just cook a 30 min chicken then use the meat on a salad.

We are not caterers, as others have said it is not about the food, thats just a bonus.

I agree that the penne doesn't go far if you are looking to serve dinner but when I run into this, I make sure to take a larger dessert. (I love to bake so I provide dessert at my shows---something quick and cheap and displays the trifle bowl usually). The Chocolate PB Trifle goes a loooong way and they can have a taste of the pasta and more dessert if they are starving.

And keep in mind, not everyone will want to try the pasta. And chances are a few people wont show as well!

shelly.nurse said:
At our last cluster meeting, we practiced a demo with the Southwestern Chicken Salad. It made a bunch, the Large bamboo platter was quite full!!

It also showcased a lot of products, including the DCB!! I will try to find the recipe for you and post it if I find it!!

I would love to see this recipe! Sounds really good!

Me too, or where can we find it??
Deb

shelly.nurse said:

Shelly, I would like the recipe if you can find it. I just want to use the DCB!

Soutwest Chicken Salad for a crowd

4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked for 8 minutes in DCB
1 head green leaf, romaine or iceberg lettuce
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 red or purple onion
2 or 3 plum tomatoes
2 limes
4 oz block cheddar cheese
lime flavored tortilla chips
Southwestern seasoning or chipotle rub

Salad dressing:
1 cup ranch dressing
1 lime
1 tbsp southwestern seasoning or chipotle rub

1. Sprinkle seasoning or rub on chicken in DCB, cook 8 minutes in microwave
2. using utility knife, cut lime in half and juice over chicken using juicer
3. using salad choppers, cut up the chicken right in DCB
4. Clean lettuce leaves in salad spinner, once dry, wipe out the bowl of the spinner with paper towels. place leaves in bowl and chop with salad choppers
5. slice red pepper with ultimate mandoline
6. slice tomatoes with ultimate mandoline
7. cut onion with ultimate mandoline
8. using either microplane or zester, zest 1 lime into salad dressing
9. cut lime in half, cut 2 slices for garnish and juice the rest into the dressing
10. Stir seasoning into dressing and whisk with stainless whisk
11. open can of beans with can opener and pour into strainer, rinse and let drain
12. layer lettuce, and chicken onto large SA platter or large bamboo platter (I thought it looked really pretty on the bamboo).
13. Pour beans and place tomatoes, red peppers and onions over chicken
14. using rotary grater, grate cheese over all
15. pour dressing over salad when you get ready to serve
16. make curls with the reserved lime slices for a garnish if desired, you can also reserve a slice of red pepper for a garnish as well.

**This recipe sold me on the salad choppers!! Also, I hope to earn enough PC dollars to buy the salad spinner (I have a non-pc one now, but would like to show it).

Sorry it took me so long to post, had to work 12 hours yesterday!!

Wow! Thank you so much, this sounds fantastic!!! Can't wait to try it! Wondering if you could do it as a layered salad in the Trifle Bowl??? Hmmm, maybe not... IDK... sounds great the way you showed it! Thank you so much for sharing!

That sounds great! I just ordered the Salad Choppers and can't wait to use them at my next show. I was going to make the Cheesy Chicken Chilaquiles but I'm wondering if I should do the Chicken Fajitas instead.

Do Mini Chicken BBQ Sandwiches!

I did this for a fundraiser in May, we had 15 there and had leftovers. I used 2 lbs of chicken breasts (I bought the chicken tenders, so they would cook quicker) I sold 3 DCB, and booked 5 shows. :thumbup:

ChefBeckyD said:
Do Mini Chicken BBQ Sandwiches!

I did this for a fundraiser in May, we had 15 there and had leftovers. I used 2 lbs of chicken breasts (I bought the chicken tenders, so they would cook quicker) I sold 3 DCB, and booked 5 shows. :thumbup:

Ohhh yes!!! This worked great when I brought it to a cluster meeting. I bought nice hot dog buns and cut them in half. Worked Great!

THANK YOU SHELLY!!!! This is what I will make!!!

Leigh,

You will have to let me know how it turns out!!! Glad I could help. You may want to throw in a dessert as well, just to stretch things a little further. Maybe something done ahead. With that many people, you want to keep the presentation short. Maybe have the chicken cooked just before the people get there, remember stuff can stay warm in the DCB up to 45 minutes!!

Shelly, my show went great 3 bookings!!! One of the bookings will be in a restaurant!!! Not sure about that yet. But it's next month on the 21st so I got a little bit of time to think about it!

That is so great, I am so glad that I could help out!!!

1. Can you recommend a DCB recipe that can serve 20 or more people?

Our Classic Lasagna recipe is perfect for serving a large group. It can easily be doubled or tripled to serve 20 or more people.

2. I need a DCB recipe for a potluck. Any suggestions?

Our Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork recipe is always a hit at potlucks. It can be made in large batches and served with hamburger buns for a crowd-pleasing meal.

3. I'm looking for a DCB recipe that is vegetarian-friendly. Do you have any recommendations?

Our Veggie Loaded Pasta Bake is a delicious and hearty option for vegetarians. It can be easily adjusted to serve a larger group by using a bigger DCB or doubling the recipe.

4. I need a DCB recipe that is kid-friendly. What do you suggest?

Kids love our Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole. It's a simple and tasty meal that can be made in a large DCB to feed a crowd of hungry little ones.

5. Can I make a dessert in my DCB for 20 or more people?

Yes, our Apple Crisp is a great dessert option for a large group. It can be made in a larger DCB or multiple smaller ones to feed a crowd. Serve it with some vanilla ice cream for a delicious treat.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• missyciccolella
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
babywings76
  • Rossana
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Rossana
  • wadesgirl