• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Need a Bridal Shower Activity That Is Not a Game.

In summary, the conversation is about ideas for a bridal shower activity that is not a game. Some suggested activities include a fun introduction game where guests write down their spouse or partner's name and a kitchen tool they want to replace, as well as a cake decorating competition. These ideas were well-received and resulted in successful bridal showers.
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
Hi all - I'm looking for a Bridal Shower activity - maybe a fun way to do introductions or something, but one that is not a game.

I've seen the 50's Bride vs Modern Bride thing, but I don't care for that. Personally don't find the modern bride part to be very funny, and quite a bit insulting. Just my opinion. :blushing:

Any other great ideas out there?

There's something my director does that she says people get a kick out of and it's fun, not really a game but an introduction type of thing. I can't remember exactly how she does it, so I'm waiting to hear back from her and I'll share it with you. It's something like you have people write down their spouse/boyfriend/SO name and then on the other side you write down the name of a product you'd like to replace in your kitchen and why. Then you twist things around and say "Nancy here is wanting to replace Tony because he is dull and broken and has been in the cupboard for years without being used." Or something like that. Then everyone laughs and then you say what the product really was she wanted to replace and move on or talk about that product if time allows.

Sounds cute, Amanda. Looking forward to getting details.

Two years ago I did a shower which was given by the groom's mother. Most of the guests knew the groom but were just getting to know the bride. I made envelopes (numbered from 1-?? can't remember) which contained the various steps for the recipe the bride and groom were making. Starting with 1, the person told the couple what the next step of the recipe was and then told the bride something about themselves and/or the groom. It really went over well and wound up being a $1000 show. I'm doing another one for the next son in the family in May!

I brought pre-made white sheet cakes in bar pans to the shower along with our biscuit cutter set and some icing and decorating tools. The guests formed three "teams" to create mini wedding cakes out of those sheet cakes. There was much giggling as the cakes were being created... then the 'teams' had to describe the inspiration for their decor and 'sell' their cake to the bride who had to choose a winner. It was like a Food Network show and talent competition rolled into one. Even those who opted not to decorate the cake thoroughly enjoyed the process. This was a $1000 bridal shower party and the most fun event like this I've ever had.:thumbup:

Okay, here's what she e-mailed me:

KITCHEN TOOL GAME:
Each guest has a piece of paper. Have them fold it in half. On the front, have them answer this question...If I could replace any tool in my kitchen, what would it be?" or "My least favorite tool in my kitchen is..." and have them write down the answer. Give a couple examples like a scraper or skillet, we’re not talking appliances here. Open the paper and write one or two sentences or words to describe why you need to replace that tool – what’s wrong with it…. When everyone is down with those two steps, then on the back have them write the name of their spouse if they’re married and if they are not married, the name of a pet or close friend. Collect the papers and read one by one and ask "who belongs to Mike?" Then, read it back replacing the name of the product with the husband’s name. For example, “Lynn wants to get rid of Mike because he's old, ugly and cheap!” Everyone laughs… and then I read the product “Oh, that’s actually your can opener, well do we have a solution for you.” What a hoot! I read each one and some of the answers are just too funny. It helped everyone get to know each other, gets the show started in a fun way and also a great lead-in for some of the products.

Amanda and Karo - I love both of those ideas! Thanks so much - I hope others can use them too!

1. What are some non-game activities that would be appropriate for a bridal shower?

Some popular options for non-game activities at bridal showers include creating a DIY flower arrangement, making personalized bride and groom wine glasses, or having a cooking or baking class.

2. Can you suggest any activities that would involve the whole bridal party?

A fun group activity for a bridal shower could be a spa day, where everyone can relax with massages, facials, and other treatments. Another option could be a private paint and sip class where everyone can create their own bridal-themed paintings.

3. Are there any activities that can involve both the bride and the groom?

One idea for an activity that involves both the bride and groom is a "love story" scrapbooking session, where the couple can work together to create a book filled with memories and mementos from their relationship.

4. What are some activities that would be suitable for a bridal shower with a small budget?

If you're working with a smaller budget, there are still plenty of fun and creative activities you can plan for a bridal shower. Some affordable options include a dessert bar where guests can decorate their own cupcakes or a group hike or picnic in a scenic location.

5. Can you recommend any activities that would be appropriate for a mixed-age group at a bridal shower?

A cooking or baking class is a great option for a mixed-age group, as it is a fun and interactive activity that can be enjoyed by all. Crafting sessions, such as making personalized picture frames or creating homemade candles, are also great options for a diverse group of guests.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• scrapbuckman
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • sfdavis918
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
blessed4life
Replies