• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Maximizing Fundraiser Results: To Email or Not to Email? Seeking Advice

In summary, your daughter's school has a directory with contact information for parents and students, but it is not to be used for selling or contacting people for business purposes. You might want to call the school to see if they allow you to use the directory for this purpose.
maryhenderlite
OK, I have a question for all of you folks. I was going through my daughter's school papers in her room and found the school directory. She goes to a private (catholic) school and we did a fundraiser there this year. (not bad at all, almost 3000. only got orders from 14 students though)

Now, this directory is given to each family, and has a list of each grade, students, parents, addresses, phone numbers and EMAILS. I know that some of these folks particiapated in the fundraiser and I have no problem emailing those people. But I also know that all the forms didn't go home with every student (that was the plan, and I put enough forms in each teacher's box)..

So, I am trying to decide on if I should email all of those others (hundreds!! :D ). I need some advice on this one. I am wanting to (of course!!) send my sale flyer to all these people, saying that their info is never released, and if they want to be removed no problem, but what would you all do. I am strugling with this one. I don't know if there are any rules against emailing people like this. I mean, out of these, I am sure that I would get some that didn't want me to mail to them again, but then I feel that I could get some sales, maybe even booking!! What do you think?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

You will never know until you try.;)
I would e-mail everyone because just when you leave out one person, that might be the person that would help you out greatly.:D

I put a note in with all my e-mail. If not interest please reply with "NO THANKS" in the subject line.:(

That way you will have some response from people.

Try it. If you find out later that you shouldn't have done it,:( at least you have gotten the word out there:) . And then you know you can't do it anymore.

But just think, this will let everyone know where they can find a PC consultant:) . Attache a vCard with you e-mail, that way they will have your info when they need it.

Thank you, I appreciate it. I will let you know how it turns out..:)

OK, I have placed this at the bottom of my email:

Your information is never sold or given away in any way. Privacy is extremely important to me. I do sent out a monthly newsletter with new recipes and ideas if you are interested. However, if you would like to be removed from my list, that is no problem at all, please reply to this message with the subject "Please remove" and I will remove you from my list. Thank you and have a PAMPERED DAY!!

Am I forgetting something? Any advice/input is greatly appreciated.

TIA

I think that this sounds like a great idea, only if my son's school put e-mail addresses in their directory too!

The blurb at the end is perfect!

Really, I am not missing anything?? Oh thank you for the response.. I am struggling over this.. It is literaly HUNDREDS of names.. I mean, I am sure that a few would not be too happy, but there might be some that would be thrilled.!! My husband says it isn't a good idea,(what does he know:rolleyes: ) but now my mother says to do it.. What could it hurt. Now I am just waiting and checking a bunch of boards to make sure that I have forgotten anything at all. Thank you again for the response..:)

I hate to rain on your parade - but let me be a devil's advocate for a minute...

My daughter is signed up for a preschool beginning in the fall and I was looking forward to being able to tap into a bigger circle of people - all the parents at the preschool. There will be a directory and everything like the one you have - but there was a big blurb in all the paperwork for registration stating that the lists were not to be used for business or solicitation in any way.

Same thing with my sorority directory - I was hoping to use that to contact all sorts of people and spread the word about me and PC - but there was a page in the quarterly magazine stating that the directory shouldn't be used for those purposes.

You might want to call someone at the school to see if they allow something like that. If you really want to go ahead and do it anyway, use the disclaimer at the end and hopefully you won't get into any trouble.

Either way, good luck with your business! Sorry to be a negative response - I just don't want you to get into trouble...

I really appreciate the feedback. I do know that there is nothing on this directory stating anything like that.. So I do not know. I will have to check the handbook or something. Thank you for your input.

be sure to use the BCC function on the emails you do send. (There was a recent post about that)

Oh of course, been doing that for awhile, thanks for the reminder though!

Hi, As a PC consultant I understand about using everyway possible to make contacts/networking but as a full time teacher I would caution you on using the school list that is given out to each parent. I have worked with some pretty interesting parents over the years and can say some people are pretty picky about their privacy. When they give that information they expcet to only be contacted for school activities related to their children and some don't even want to be called/emailed about that. As the teacher I can't even give out a parent's phone number to our room mother without the other parents permission. (I teach at a public school so are "rules' could be different from a priavte school) I would just be careful since your children go to school there....

Also something else to think about is that these people did not give you their information so I don't know how email works but I do know that if you call them and they are on the do not call list, they can turn you in and you could get into some hot water.

In some cases (and I think that this is one) it's better to ask for forgiveness than for permission.

mandak said:
Also something else to think about is that these people did not give you their information so I don't know how email works but I do know that if you call them and they are on the do not call list, they can turn you in and you could get into some hot water.

Here's a question...these parents would have to fill out the information slip that comes home for the directory. When they fill that out they know that their info is going into the school directory for publication, so...doesn't that make the info fair game?

Yes, when we filled that out at the begining of the year, we had a lengthy form, and then it explained that there was a directory, and you had to check a box if you did not want to have your info posted. I have not done the email, and after reading everyone's comments, doubt that I will. But I appreciate everyone's advice. It was an idea. I just wish there was a "tactfull" way to go about getting all these folks to to know I am a consultant. However, there is another consultant at the school. I am not sure she hasn't thought of this, or done this. I just don't know.. It would be nice, but I know if some people would be turned off by it.. and I don't want that at all. Thanks a bunch for all the input

Attache a vCard with your e-mail, that way they will have your info when they need it.

Whiteyteresa,
What is a vcard? Scanning your business card and attaching it?
Thanks,
Karen

Why not get together with the other consultant and any other DSA's that have ties to the school and do a fundraiser for supplies or the library or something? That way you get your name and face out, and you get contacts!

So....how did it work out?

I had did a fundraiser back in April for the 8th grade and that did good (almost 3000). I am going to contact the SFA president at the first of the year, because I know that she already has my information. And the SFA president this year said this was one of the better fundraisers b/c it was pretty much no work for them. So hopefully this fall we can do it again. :) But this time I am going to try and do a cooking show, so that they can have the products for the auction that they do in the spring.

1. Why is email communication important for maximizing fundraiser results?

Email communication allows for quick and efficient communication with a large number of potential donors. It also allows for easy tracking and follow-up with donors, as well as the ability to include visual aids and links to donation pages.

2. Can email communication be just as effective as in-person communication for fundraising?

While in-person communication may have a more personal touch, email communication can be just as effective if done correctly. It allows for reaching a larger audience and can be more convenient for both the fundraiser and the donor.

3. How can I make my fundraising emails stand out and be more effective?

To make your fundraising emails stand out, it is important to have a clear and attention-grabbing subject line. Additionally, use personalization and storytelling to connect with potential donors and make them feel invested in your cause.

4. Is it important to segment my email list for fundraising emails?

Segmenting your email list allows for more targeted and personalized communication. This can lead to higher response rates and ultimately, better fundraising results. Consider segmenting based on past donations, interests, or location.

5. How often should I send fundraising emails?

The frequency of fundraising emails will depend on your specific fundraiser and audience. However, it is important to strike a balance between being persistent and not overwhelming potential donors. Aim for 1-2 emails per week leading up to the fundraiser and follow-up emails after the fundraiser has ended.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• maryhenderlite
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Tash
  • WendyE
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
WendyE
  • LStevens0426