• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Nectarine Sub for Nectarine Salsa?!

I used canned peaches (well-drained), and it was yummy. I also had the nectarines that were rotten on the inside, so had to do a quick improvisation!Thanks guys!
mrshamel3808
Gold Member
So I have a show tomorrow that won a free show and she chose the quesadilla cups with nectarine salsa. I was going to do the chipotle chili cornbread bake but she said her sister is sensitive to a lot of foods and wanted the cups. So anyways, I've been to 3 different grocery stores and NONE of them have nectarines yet!!! Would a mango be an ok substitute?

mango... I have only made it with mango and it comes out AWESOME!

Last week we cut open a nectarine and it was ROTTEN inside. There was an extra pear laying around and we used that, and it was still good.Sandi

nectarines are not in season, which is why you cannot find them. I like the suggestions of mango or frozen peaches.

Actually I recently found out that part of the reason nectarines are so hard to find is because of the earthquake in Chile. A local grocer said we should see them in late May when they are ready for harvest in California.

That said, I've subbed mango several times and it's yummy both ways!

I actually used canned peaches (well-drained), and it was yummy. I also had the nectarines that were rotten on the inside, so had to do a quick improvisation!

Thanks guys! I used a mango and it went over REALLY well. In fact, I sold alot of serrated peelers because of it!

For us "grocery impaired" people, you can get frozen mango pieces in a bag in the freezer section and even mango in a jar in the produce section. I have issues getting the fresh ones far enough in advance for them to be perfectly ripe on exactly the day that I need them.​

Haha, true. Luckily they had ripe ones in the store. To be honest tho, I think finding ripe mangoes are easier than ripe peaches or nectarines. They take longer to ripen.

1. What is a good substitute for nectarine in nectarine salsa?

A good substitute for nectarine in nectarine salsa would be peach. It has a similar texture and sweetness that would work well in the salsa.

2. Can I use canned nectarines instead of fresh ones?

Yes, you can use canned nectarines in place of fresh ones. Just make sure to drain them before using in the salsa.

3. How do I cut and prepare the nectarines for the salsa?

To prepare the nectarines for the salsa, wash and remove the pit. Then, dice the nectarines into small pieces to add to the salsa.

4. Can I add other fruits to the nectarine salsa?

Yes, you can add other fruits such as mango, pineapple, or strawberries to the nectarine salsa for added flavor and texture.

5. How long will the nectarine salsa last in the fridge?

The nectarine salsa will last for about 3-4 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. Make sure to stir it before serving to distribute the flavors evenly.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • chefann
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
sherylscooking
  • esavvymom
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies