• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Director NDA Was Amazing! Here's Our Experience

In summary, the NDA was wonderful! NDA was great for learning about leadership and strategies. Those of you who haven't been yet, GO GO GO!!!!
pamperedlinda
Gold Member
NDA was wonderful! Those of you who haven't been yet, GO GO GO!!!!

We learned so much great info. I am less overwhelmed and so excited to start putting all of this new knowledge into practice. We work for the BEST company :love0010:

Here's me, Kris, and Mary

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/044-1.jpg

And, this is the cute flower arrangements that they had on the tables

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc293/lindachild/047.jpg

How awesome Linda! I want to go but the plane tick is @ $300!! :eek:

I thought they pay for the plane tix now?

I think you can only earn the travel incentive ($250) if you promoted after Jan 2008 - not sure.

Kristi - it's TOTALLY worth it!

jwpamp said:
I thought they pay for the plane tix now?

I think you have to promote this year or within your first 3 months. I promoted July 2007

I can't to go! I wish I had been able to go this time, but October will be good. Kinda smack in between NC and Leadership! If you still have it can you post a picture of your homework?

Thanks! You guys look good!

pampmomof3 said:
How awesome Linda! I want to go but the plane tick is @ $300!! :eek:

DH and I had the "plane ticket" discussion before I finally bought mine. The way I rationalized it is I would make it back thru improvements in both my personal sales/recruiting and in my team's efforts. And after having taken the training....oh yeah baby, that is going to happen!

Honestly, I had more lightbulb moments than I can count. Besides learning how to leverage the Leadership Handbook and other tools, I changed how I look at some things (to include time mgmt, goal setting, and coaching my team to recruit). It was NC on steroids. Doreen and the sales leaders at HO are the ones who do the training. Top-notch.

It's worth it Kristi...keep watching the airfares (I use airfarewatchdog.com).

I will use that airfarewatchdog.com from now on. It is not one I've heard before so I hope they can find better deals than some of the more used ones.

I love that site. You can receive notifications for specific routes and you control how often you get the emails (I get them daily). DH and I are flying to Orlando later this week...we made the decision when we were notified the fares dropped to $155 RT. Yeah! I get to go live in my house for a few days!

Thanks so much for posting! I'm going the end of Sept so thanks also for keeping secrets! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!! Congratulations to each one of you. Three people from our "greater" cluster here were there with you.

I went to NDA when they were still taking it on the road and thought it was awesome then. I'm sure it is 10x better at the HO!GO GO GO GO GO GOG GOGOGOGOGO!!!

quiverfull7 said:
....Three people from our "greater" cluster here were there with you.

There were some 'lurkers' there too! One of the ladies that I met at the airport (after 2 hours of chatting with her while waiting for our delayed plane) noticed my name tag on my luggage and said "Hey - you're on Chef Success aren't you? I recognize your name" It was funny b/c we had talked with each other earlier in the day at NDA.

Linda,

When did you receive your homework assignment(s)? Did ou get it in the mail or via e-mail?

chefruthie said:
Linda,

When did you receive your homework assignment(s)? Did ou get it in the mail or via e-mail?

It's listed on the page where you register and I think it's also on the confirmation. I'm pretty sure that they email you to remind you too. It's pretty simple, just a little time consuming.

btw - have you read the Leadership Handbook yet? I read mine on the airplane....there's some really good stuff in there! (I had no idea it would be THAT great :eek:)

pamperedlinda said:
It's listed on the page where you register and I think it's also on the confirmation. I'm pretty sure that they email you to remind you too. It's pretty simple, just a little time consuming.

btw - have you read the Leadership Handbook yet? I read mine on the airplane....there's some really good stuff in there! (I had no idea it would be THAT great :eek:)

Thank you! I didn't even look at the confirmation until just now. You're right, it's on there. I want to get it done this week so I won't be rushing the night before I leave to do it. That's one thing I am really trying to get better at, doing things right when I think about it.

Thanks for the tip about the Leadership Handbook too! I just got it down and will read it tomorrow. I'm so excited now :D

DebbieJ said:
I went to NDA when they were still taking it on the road and thought it was awesome then. I'm sure it is 10x better at the HO!

GO GO GO GO GO GOG GOGOGOGOGO!!!

I was in the very first NDA they had. They had a few small kinks but it was absolutely awesome. I am sure that it's even better now!!

Don't even think about whether or not you will go - just plan to GO!!

It was an incredible experience!! HO never disappoints! I encourage any new director to attend this because it really takes you through, step by step, the key things you need to know and do to become a better director.

It was great meeting Kris and Linda! I never have time to break from my cluster to meet other Cheffers at National, so this was a fun opportunity.

When I first read the homework, I thought "Oh, no, how will I fit this in?" On second look, it wasn't all that difficult and what they requested was important to the process.

Oh I so want to go. I haven't yet because of airfare. But after reading this I want to go even more now than ever. I was NEVER given any training from my director when I promoted. I have been a director since July 2007 and I have been doing it all on my own.
Well,Not really I have the help from all of you on here.;)

It's worth the airfare! They cram a lot in a short amount of time...you're in classes almost non-stop. I went there with one set of goals and came out of there realizing I was aiming low! More important is how they walk you thru everything...totally invaluable!

Go if you can!

do you guys think they would consider letting Directors that promoted before there was an NDA go? I would LOVE something like this and am considering petitioning HO to offer this. I promoted in 2004 and there really wasn't any type of training for new Directors that I could have gone to. I think they should grandfather us "old" Directors in!
What do you all think?

Hey Meg,

We talked to Doreen about this. She said that they wanted new diretcors who were all on the same 'level' for this training. She said she has heard from a lot of more "seasoned but not too well trained" directors who want some training like this too. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that was in the works. Send your request to HO, you never know what you'll get unless you ask for it.

I think the biggest challenge is the cost issue. Maybe they would consider offering an abbreviated version of this as 'refresher training' at Leadership. Directors could opt to take 'academy' courses in lieu of workshops.

I would take whatever I could get....that is IF I am still a Director this time next week....which is back in question now that I realized my team sales are almost $2000 shy of what we need...................in the process of making an email now for a "sale" on discontinued items....I am really sick of this............

ETA:what department could I email about this?

What is NDA Was Amazing!?

NDA Was Amazing! is a special event hosted by Pampered Chef that brings together consultants from all over for a weekend of training, networking, and celebration.

How often does NDA Was Amazing! happen?

NDA Was Amazing! is an annual event that typically takes place in the summer.

How can I attend NDA Was Amazing!?

Attendance to NDA Was Amazing! is by invitation only and is reserved for active Pampered Chef consultants. Invitations are typically sent out several months in advance.

What types of activities and training are offered at NDA Was Amazing!?

NDA Was Amazing! offers a variety of workshops, seminars, and demonstrations on topics such as new product launches, business strategies, and cooking techniques. There are also opportunities for networking and team building.

Is there a cost to attend NDA Was Amazing!?

There is a registration fee for attending NDA Was Amazing!, which covers the cost of meals and materials. However, Pampered Chef offers discounts and incentives for consultants who meet certain sales goals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedlinda
  • Recruiting and Team Leaders
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • pamperedlinda
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
3RingChef
  • pamperedlinda