• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I do now to prepare for National Conference 2010?

Heather, do you know if there's a certain airline that is cheaper than others? I've heard some people say that Southwest is the cheapest.There is no specific airline that is cheaper than others. However, the best way to save money on your airfare is to check online before you buy. You can often find discounted rates by using search engines.
Today is July 10. There are only 6 days left until the start of Wave 3.Check out the weather report for Chicago. This will help you narrow down your packing choices. One place you can check is: National Weather homepage . (If you’re having trouble with that link, here’s the address:noaa.govRight now they're predicting a high of 81 and cloudy with possible storms on Wednesday, sunny with a high of 81 on Thursday.

I am so so so so excited! Whooo hooo!

ChefBeckyD said:
I am so so so so excited! Whooo hooo!

Me, too! I can hardly wait.

I am so excited and only have NC on the brain! Can't wait to go!

PampMomof3 said:
I am so excited and only have NC on the brain! Can't wait to go!

Me too!!!
My husband is highly annoyed with me right now, b/c it's ALL I'm talking about!!! I can't wait to meet you ladies!!

pampcheflisa said:
Me too!!!
My husband is highly annoyed with me right now, b/c it's ALL I'm talking about!!! I can't wait to meet you ladies!!

My husband has learned to ignore me the week prior to conference now. . . it's the only way he doesn't go crazy:) Gotta love PC. . .it turns us into complete junkies:love:

Do any of you know if we get any kind of info about walking the stage, career luncheon, etc prior to conference? I'm assuming everything is in our Welcome Packet when we get there, but I'm gettting anxious. This is the first time I'm going that I'm actually not just "following the herd" and going to different lunches, trainings and walking the stage. Kinda intimidating for me. Also, can't remember, when do they take out the $$$ for conference from our account? I paid with some pc $$$ and don't see anywhere else that they took $ out from my accounts. I've been to 2 NC's, 1 Leadership and 1 New Director Academy and still seem oblivious. I NEED HELP

ChefMichele1 said:
Do any of you know if we get any kind of info about walking the stage, career luncheon, etc prior to conference? I'm assuming everything is in our Welcome Packet when we get there, but I'm gettting anxious. This is the first time I'm going that I'm actually not just "following the herd" and going to different lunches, trainings and walking the stage. Kinda intimidating for me. Also, can't remember, when do they take out the $$$ for conference from our account? I paid with some pc $$$ and don't see anywhere else that they took $ out from my accounts. I've been to 2 NC's, 1 Leadership and 1 New Director Academy and still seem oblivious. I NEED HELP

When did you sign up for conference? I paid for mine w/ Conference Club - it was taken out in Apr when I registered for conference. Then, in May, I was reimbursed $100 for the Apr. Conf. promo.

You will get detailed info on all activities in your conference packet when you register once you get there.

There's the mystery. . . you r so smart. I paid partly with pc $$$ so I have been looking in my statement (from back in May) for the remaining amount, but the math didn't add up. I totally forgot to factor in Conference Club. Like I said, I've done this several times, but yet always forget little details.. . and the extra nerves have started hitting. Thank you so much:)

pampcheflisa said:
Me too!!!

ChefMichele1 said:
My husband has learned to ignore me the week prior to conference now. . . it's the only way he doesn't go crazy:) Gotta love PC. . .it turns us into complete junkies:love:

Imagine how much more annoying we'd be if we didn't have CS as an outlet. :p

I was telling The Furry Guy something the other day and he said (in a slightly whiny voice) "This is about that conference."

I reminded him it will be over soon. :rolleyes:

My DH said the same thing to me yesterday when I was going thru major frustration. He just shook his head and rolled his eyes.

Today is July 11. There are only 5 days left until the start of Wave 3!

If you can, you might want to consider taking your own pillow along. I know that I like my memory foam better than most hotel pillows. I sleep better, making me more wide awake and alert so I can absorb all those great ideas at NC!

Rae - How many suitcases do you take?!?!

:p

Thanks for the reminder Rae. I originally bought my memory foam pillow because I was waking up with neck and shoulder pain almost every morning. I'm not sure if I can fit it on this trip (I'm trying to stick to just a carry-on), but I think I'll survive a couple of nights without it.

Hi everyone--

Can't wait for next week! I keep going back and forth over wanting to read spoilers and wanting to wait and be surprised :)

Last year was my first time at NC, and I met JanetUpNorth (sp?) on the bus to the Home Office Tour (Janet, it's ok if you don't remember, lol). I am taking the first tour again this year and decided to get in the BACK of the line! Last year, they picked one winner from each bus, and the last bus had the fewest people on it, so better odds, right?? ;)

I was also so bummed that I waited too long last year to hit Merrill, and by the time I did, there was very little selection left. There were these super cute tote bags (diaper bags maybe?) that were brown and pink...they might have only been in the Director's store...anyone remember? Well the booth opens at 6:30 on Day 1, so you can guess where I'll be!

A resounding "ditto" to whoever mentioned shipping your Surprise Box home--I volunteered to lug 5 of them to my car in McCormick Place. More hassle than the cost to ship!!

Also, as a local Chicagolander, I can tell you the weather this summer has been WEIRD. Like a month behind schedule. We are having June weather now, and next week looks like more of the same--partly sunny and low 80's for Wave 3. Bring an umbrella, and "if you ain't made of sugar, you won't melt in a little rain" as my great aunt used to say :)

-Amanda

janetupnorth said:
Rae - How many suitcases do you take?!?!

:p

One big one. I asked for a good, large suitcase for Christmas a few years ago. It's sturdy, has lots of pockets, and expands. I love it. The pillow is heavy but squishes nicely. Plus,I've gotten really good at packing. :p

I have one big one and it is a Spinner!! I can push it and then catch up with it! IN LOVE with it except when I have to lift it, it is like lifting a lead balloon! Starting to get excited!!

Really concerned because my leg (very bad torn muscle) is healing slower than I expected. (damn old age crap). I am really afraid that I am going to over do it. Will be going to the McCormick Place floor plans to see where the elevators are.

When Citymouse mentioned Merrill, I realized that I might not be able to stand in line like I have in the past.:(

Ann E, I am *hoping* that there will not be as many nutballs as me in line at 6:30 am on Day 1, fingers crossed! I stood in line for almost an hour last year, and only got a banner and the HWC backpack. Eh.

Today is July 12. There are only 4 days left until the start of Wave 3!Take the time while you’re at NC to enjoy the experience. You’ll be surrounded by wonderful PC people. You’ll be rubbing elbows with people who have reached the level of success you’re striving toward. You will never have that exact experience again (those exact people at exactly that place in their business). Be sure to take a few moments to just enjoy the moment.

Wonderful thoughts Rae. This will be my first conference and I hope to get to meet some folks who have helped me build my business here on Chef Success. ....and the ones I don't get to meet, I will gaze at admiringly from afar!

This whole thread has been great! I probably just spent an hour reading through everything!
Rae the tips are awesome! I'm a frequent traveler and this is my 4th conference and I still picked up ideas!
Here are my favorites: bring a PC clear bag to toss when we pick up our conference bag! Small fan and nightlight in the hotel room. notecards for classes with Wow do it now, great idea ~ do it soon, think about it. LOVED that idea! and the receipt envelope!
So anxious to go! I have a director friend who just got back from wave 1 and I am having a very hard time not talking to her! No ruining my surprise!!!

I'll be missing it this year! My birthday is on the 15th! Have fun and I can't wait to hear all the news!

letscook04 said:
I'll be missing it this year! My birthday is on the 15th! Have fun and I can't wait to hear all the news!

Aw Colleen, gonna miss you....:(
But have a GREAT birthday!!!

I'm glad people are finding this thread helpful. It's helpful to me because it keeps me occupied as I'm waiting for NC. :)

letscook04 said:

What? You mean you don't want to celebrate your birthday with us at Conference???:confused:

:p:D:p Have a great birthday, Colleen!

So sorry!:D I just got back from vacation and I really do not have any more vacation days left:cry:

raebates said:
I'm glad people are finding this thread helpful. It's helpful to me because it keeps me occupied as I'm waiting for NC. :)

You've got that right!! ;)

Hope you all have a HUGE blast! It was my first year and OMG it rocked! Here's my tip for the week: DON'T FORGET YOUR BUSINESS CARDS!!!! They didn't serve my kitchen table any purpose while I was gone. :(

Best wishes & enjoy! Mine was very memorable & yours will be too! Make it what you want it to be!!!

Today is July 13. There are only 3 days left until the start of Wave 3!If you haven’t already, start packing now. It will give you time to remember the little things that may have slipped your mind. Don’t pack right into your suitcase, though. Lay everything out so you can see it. This way you’ll be less likely to over pack.Decide, then, how you’ll pack. Rolling clothes is popular. I prefer stacking everything with plastic in between (bags work well and can be used later) and folding it gently together.

Today is July 13. There are only 3 days left until the start of Wave 3!

If you haven’t already, start packing now. It will give you time to remember the little things that may have slipped your mind. Don’t pack right into your suitcase, though. Lay everything out so you can see it. This way you’ll be less likely to over pack.

Decide, then, how you’ll pack. Rolling clothes is popular. I prefer stacking everything with plastic in between (bags work well and can be used later) and folding it gently together.

raebates said:
Today is July 13. There are only 3 days left until the start of Wave 3!

If you haven’t already, start packing now. It will give you time to remember the little things that may have slipped your mind. Don’t pack right into your suitcase, though. Lay everything out so you can see it. This way you’ll be less likely to over pack.

Decide, then, how you’ll pack. Rolling clothes is popular. I prefer stacking everything with plastic in between (bags work well and can be used later) and folding it gently together.

I'm such a "fly by the seat of my pants" person...I'll probably be packing Wednesday night after I put DS to bed. :rolleyes:

3 days! AHHHHHHH ok... I have way too much to do to be leaving in 3 DAYS!

Right now, the weather forecast for the Chicago Area for Wave 3 is mostly sunny and high 70's. Looks like we'll have some beautiful weather!

ChefBeckyD said:
I'm such a "fly by the seat of my pants" person...I'll probably be packing Wednesday night after I put DS to bed. :rolleyes:

I'll be packing Wednesday a.m. as I'm trying to get everyone out the door! :eek:

Hi All....I just thought of something I think I am going to bring along. Maybe this goes without saying but I am going to bring along my PC calendar. So that in the evening I can take those DO IT NOW notecards and put them on my calendar---I'm less likely to let things go if it is written in black and white on my calendar! LOL.

So excited to meet everyone!

diradt said:
Hi All....I just thought of something I think I am going to bring along. Maybe this goes without saying but I am going to bring along my PC calendar. So that in the evening I can take those DO IT NOW notecards and put them on my calendar---I'm less likely to let things go if it is written in black and white on my calendar! LOL.

So excited to meet everyone!

Great Idea!

BTW - what's your name - so we'll know when we do meet you?:D

LOL...that would be helpful! It's Diana Martin!

I am staying at Hyatt at McCormick place with KReaser's clan. You should be able to hear us at all the other hotels! Quite looking forward to some girl time!

Thanks to Rae I went shopping yesterday and packed up some things I might have never thought of...tummy pills, wrinkle things, zip lock bags, etc! I will try to start getting organized today...we are flying out on Wednesday! However, I may have to run to the doc today...not sure if its my son's fifth disease or what but I've got a raised rash that's itchy and today all my joints are killing me! I can barely walk!

dkitten13 said:
Thanks to Rae I went shopping yesterday and packed up some things I might have never thought of...tummy pills, wrinkle things, zip lock bags, etc! I will try to start getting organized today...we are flying out on Wednesday! However, I may have to run to the doc today...not sure if its my son's fifth disease or what but I've got a raised rash that's itchy and today all my joints are killing me! I can barely walk!

Uh, please don't pack that... :p:yuck:

ChefBeckyD said:
Right now, the weather forecast for the Chicago Area for Wave 3 is mostly sunny and high 70's. Looks like we'll have some beautiful weather!

so, so, so, so EXCITED to get a break from 105!!!!

I wish I was going with you ladies.

Have fun and enjoy. I can't wait to hear everything when you get back! :)

janetupnorth said:
Uh, please don't pack that... :p:yuck:

I'm going to the doc today but if its the Fifth's Disease I'm not contagious! Also, as long as no one smooches me on the lips they should be fine! :blushing:

I'll limit myself to hugs and air kisses. ;)

raebates said:
I'll limit myself to hugs and air kisses. ;)

There are "air hugs" too...my son gives them all the time! He yells air hug and hugs himself...it's like blowing you a kiss. :D

That's adorable.

Today is July 14. There are only 2 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Don’t obsess too much about what you might have forgotten to pack. You’ll be in Chicago. There’s little you could have forgotten that can’t be purchased easily near where you’re staying.

Sorry to say, I had 5th disease many years ago, and was in alot of pain. Walking is painful. Besure to pack something for it or ask Dr for something. Take care, and have fun. We are driving in Thursday a.m.. Can't wait. Hard to focus at work......

Today is July 14. There are only 2 days left until the start of Wave 3!See everyone tomorrow! I’m leaving soon, and I’ll be praying for safe travel for everyone. Get a good night’s sleep. The fun is about to begin!

raebates said:
Today is July 14. There are only 2 days left until the start of Wave 3!

See everyone tomorrow! I’m leaving soon, and I’ll be praying for safe travel for everyone. Get a good night’s sleep. The fun is about to begin!

LOL - Rae! You ARE excited!

Today is the 15th - and Wave 3 starts Tomorrow!

YEA!

I am a latecomer - we catch the commuter train into Chicago verrrry early tomorrow morning. Tomorrow at this time, I will be nearing my hotel!

Up, need to finish packing...which means cleaning the truck and packing it. Not much sleep thanks to a cabin fire waking us up. Oh well...that's par for the course!See some tonight maybe and others in the a.m.!

<H2>1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?</H2><p>The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.</p><H2>2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?</H2><p>As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.</p><H2>3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.</p><H2>4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.</p><H2>5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.</p>

1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?

The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.

2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?

As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.

3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?

Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.

4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.

5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef