• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I do now to prepare for National Conference 2010?

Heather, do you know if there's a certain airline that is cheaper than others? I've heard some people say that Southwest is the cheapest.There is no specific airline that is cheaper than others. However, the best way to save money on your airfare is to check online before you buy. You can often find discounted rates by using search engines.
Kim1711 said:
I was such a "newbie" at my first conference, I brought a different pair of shoes for each outfit! I soon learned!
kim

Even with comfortable shoes, I have found that it is sometimes better to have a different pair for each day. When you are on your feet walking around alot it takes it's toll on your feet. Changing the support daily helps my feet not feel so fatigued. Just my thought on the matter. I know it takes up space when traveling so for 3 days I only take 2 pairs and switch off.

Today is June 30. There are only 16 days left until the start of Wave 3!Kristi had a great idea in years past. She made a care package to leave behind for her family. Now, The Furry Guy is used to being on his own, so a pan of mac & cheese and a few phone calls to touch base while I’m gone will be just fine for him. However, if you have young children at home (or a spouse who’s not used to being on his or her own), a few treats could help them deal with your absence and may make them more willing to let you go next time.

Today is June 30. There are only 16 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Kristi had a great idea in years past. She made a care package to leave behind for her family. Now, The Furry Guy is used to being on his own, so a pan of mac & cheese and a few phone calls to touch base while I’m gone will be just fine for him. However, if you have young children at home (or a spouse who’s not used to being on his or her own), a few treats could help them deal with your absence and may make them more willing to let you go next time.

16 days ...............:D

Today is July 1. There are only 15 days left until the start of Wave 3!Don’t forget to bring along a bit of cash for tipping. You’ll want to make sure you have plenty of singles. And, remember to tip your hotel maid. Generally speaking, a dollar a day per person is considered standard. I used to just leave one tip at the end of my stay. I don’t do that anymore. Someone pointed out to me that hotel staff assignments can change daily. The person who took care of your room on the first night may not be the same as the last night. I now take envelopes for each morning labeled “Housekeeping.” I leave my tip inside (along with those of my roommates) and leave the envelope on the bathroom counter where they’ll be sure to find it.

Nice tip Rae!

What can I say? I tip well. ;)

For those of you that pack quite a bit and/or buy lots of goodies while at conference, I send home a box of things I don't feel like packing on the plane going home at the Fed Ex booth. It made the trip home easier and they charge it to your future commisions so there's nothing out of pocket.

Good to know Bobby - thank you! I am very disorganized and the worst packer! ;)

Today is July 2. There are only 14 days left until the start of Wave 3! Two weeks, people!Take just a moment or two to think about your goal for yourself at NC. What do you hope to get out of it? Fun is fun, and I’m looking forward to lots of fun and foolishness. It’s important to remember, though, that the real purpose of NC is to learn from the workshops and from each other. Be prepared to meet your NC goals. Think about what you want to learn. Here’s an exercise that some coaches use. Look around your office. Now close your eyes and think of everything you saw that was green. Okay, now look around your office and notice everything that’s green. I’d just about guarantee that you noticed more green things when you were looking for them. Knowing what you hope to learn helps you to notice it when it’s presented. I plan to write down a few questions for each workshop. I’ll look these over before the workshop starts so I’ll remember what I hope to learn. It will also help when they ask for questions at the end of the workshop, in case one of mine is still unanswered. Write down some questions and go over them a time or two so you’re ready to ask them of the people who’ve achieved the level to which you’re aspiring. Think about what you do well and what changes you’ve made in the last year that have helped you. This will help you to have an answer ready when someone turns to you for advice.

Last edited:
Excellent Rae! I am sharing that with my team!

You're gonna make me blush.

Today is July 3. There are only 13 days left until the start of Wave 3! Two week, people!I know that I keep harping on the “pack light” thing. Now I’m going to tell you to bring something extra—a small first aid kit. A blister, a headache, or an upset tummy can really make it difficult to enjoy NC. If possible, make it something small you can carry with you during the day. A few Band-Aids, some aspirin, and some tummy tablets will fit in a small zippered bag and are well worth the space they take up.

Today is July 4. There are only 12 days left until the start of Wave 3!Arriving early or staying an extra day? Talk to your cluster or traveling buddies about any touristy things you want to do—shop, see a play, visit a museum, etc. Check online for special savings, coupons, and even ideas.

Today is July 5. There are only 11 days left until the start of Wave 3!Be sure to wear comfy shoes when you travel to and from NC. Flying? In many places ALL footwear must be removed for x-ray screening. Shoes that slip off and on easily will save time and frustration. Well, at least some of the frustration.

raebates said:
Today is July 5. There are only 11 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Be sure to wear comfy shoes when you travel to and from NC. Flying? In many places ALL footwear must be removed for x-ray screening. Shoes that slip off and on easily will save time and frustration. Well, at least some of the frustration.

Another tip that may be TMI for some...

If you are going to Fly and wear an Underwire bra be prepared to set off an alarm going thru security. You may want to choose a non wired undergarment...

I wear underwire and have never set off the alarm so I'm not sure all bras do...

That's a good hint. Not all underwire bras have underwires made of metal. Mine is actually a plastic "underwire." Still, enough are made of metal to be aware.

LOL that's really funny! I wear underwire, and it's real wire (I've had them break before and saw). I have never set off the alarms at security though. Must be some really heavy duty brand. Care to share the name? I could use a stronger lift. LOL :D

Today is July 6. There are only 10 days left until the start of Wave 3!Do you snore? I do. Talk to your roommates about what to do if someone’s snoring is disturbing you. I usually tell my roommates that if I’m snoring too loud they are welcome to shake me, wake me, turn me over, suffocate me with a pillow, whatever it takes.

Holy smokes.......10 days!!!! I'm so excited!!!
I am not a patient person (I'm trying!!), so Wave 3 is going to be hard for me this year.
I know work will keep my mind occupied though......soooo much to do before I leave on the 15th!!!

babywings76 said:
LOL that's really funny! I wear underwire, and it's real wire (I've had them break before and saw). I have never set off the alarms at security though. Must be some really heavy duty brand. Care to share the name? I could use a stronger lift. LOL :D

Not sure on brand. It happened to my SIL, and I thought I saw another cheffer say it happened to her for Leadership, and have heard of other stories...

Just thought it was worth mentioning.

My dd is always in the "female assist" area. She went to Paris and is on her way home right now but, before she left she said as she goes through security she KNOWS she will hear them say for her to step over here and then they holler for "female assist" LOL

Today is July 7. There are only 9 days left until the start of Wave 3!

You will have an opportunity to meet and learn from lots of people at NC. DO NOT spend all of your time with your clustermates. You already know a lot of what they have to tell you. I realize that most people are a little more reserved than I. (Everyone who has ever met me has just fallen off their chairs, laughing.) Using the buddy system is fine. But, make sure that you’re surrounded by people you don’t know. Engage them in conversation. Go armed with the questions you want the answers to. (What is your best advice for getting bookings? If you were to name the most important thing you do in order to get recruits, what would it be?) Who knows, you just might make a new friend.

raebates said:
Today is July 7. There are only 9 days left until the start of Wave 3!

You will have an opportunity to meet and learn from lots of people at NC. DO NOT spend all of your time with your clustermates. You already know a lot of what they have to tell you. I realize that most people are a little more reserved than I. (Everyone who has ever met me has just fallen off their chairs, laughing.) Using the buddy system is fine. But, make sure that you’re surrounded by people you don’t know. Engage them in conversation. Go armed with the questions you want the answers to. (What is your best advice for getting bookings? If you were to name the most important thing you do in order to get recruits, what would it be?) Who knows, you just might make a new friend.

You are so right. Make it a point to sit beside a "stranger" at your workshops, and then start a conversation. Introduce yourself, ask them about their business and share about yours.

UGH! 1 week and I haven't thought about the trip yet! Well, I did in the last 1/2 hour and booked my train at least. Hotel has been booked. Now I have to think about packing for a week for myself and the kids and separating my luggage into two trips in one and whew...oh well...

Sit by a stranger on the shuttle also. I got some great advice about wedding registries from someone between conference and the hotel.

Bring lots of extra business cards. Other consultants you meet will want one.
When you get one from someone else, be sure to write on the back when and where you met. You're not going to remember when you get home and look at them.

Well, I can follow this tip since I am going alone and don't even know my roomate. Everyone will be a stranger!

I haven't met my roomies either. They're in my ED's downline, but live clear across the country from me.

pcsharon1 said:
Well, I can follow this tip since I am going alone and don't even know my roomate. Everyone will be a stranger!

At my first conference 2 years ago I went with a group, but when we got to the McCormick Center, the rest of them went off to do Director classes and meals so I never saw them. Everyone I saw and talked to was a stranger. I realized soon that it actually was an advantage to me.
Try not to be shy.

Today is July 8. There are only 8 days left until the start of Wave 3!Driving? Make sure you check out your vehicle before you leave. The Furry Guy will be checking my oil, water, washer fluid, and tire pressure. Trust me; you don’t want to break down on the way, especially if it’s preventable.

I am getting so excited!

Those of you who are First-Timers - get ready for an Incredible Experience!!!

I almost can't stand the waiting!!! Good thing I have a GS outing Friday and DD's B-day party monday to keep me occupied!

The Furry Guy is very glad I have CS. I'm driving him crazy with NC talk as it is. I can't imagine how bad I'd be if I didn't have this outlet. ;)

DH is coming with me & cannot stand me anymore!!! Says he can't wait, so he can get rid of me......:eek:

I am so unprepared! I don't even know how to get my plane ticket - its been a long time since I flew. I booked on Expedia...would they have sent it to me? Do I have to go log on and can I access it to printout? Or do I just need my ID? I am so confused!

dkitten13 said:
I am so unprepared! I don't even know how to get my plane ticket - its been a long time since I flew. I booked on Expedia...would they have sent it to me? Do I have to go log on and can I access it to printout? Or do I just need my ID? I am so confused!

Did you get a confirmation? There should be info on there. You should be able to go to the airlines website that day and print a boarding pass.

I can't wait to get home to search my mail...I just tried to sign on to Expedia and it said I don't have an account. I am just baffled. So frustrating!

Most likely you have been issued an e-ticket, and will just need your ID. Having the email confirmation is handy, but not absolutely necessary. You could also try calling the airline you'll be flying on to confirm.

dkitten13 said:
I can't wait to get home to search my mail...I just tried to sign on to Expedia and it said I don't have an account. I am just baffled. So frustrating!

I'm almost sure when you go to the airport, when you go to your flight, they will have all the info, you just have to show them your ID....HTH

Deb,
While Noora and Ginger are correct please do not wait till you get to the airport to confirm your ticket. I am sure allis fine but it is worth getting your ducks in a row!

I got it all worked out, thanks! I called Expedia and they re-mailed me the confrimation. They advised printing it and brining it to the airport. I also learned of the charge to check a bag - no kidding! My how times have changed. I hope I can weigh my bag ahead of time but I don't plan to over pack.

To make sure your weight is accurate, you can take your baggage to your nearest post office (or the nearest friendly post office--I've heard stories). They have very accurate scales. Make sure you're a little under just to be sure.

Today is July 8. There are only 8 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Only one week! Don’t forget to take address labels with you. Some speakers will have handouts. Sometimes they run low. You’ll want to make sure they have your address, and a sheet of address labels is easy to carry and use. You can make things even easier by bringing a few self-addressed envelopes. That way you can just write on the back what you want them to send.

raebates said:
Today is July 8. There are only 8 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Only one week! Don’t forget to take address labels with you. Some speakers will have handouts. Sometimes they run low. You’ll want to make sure they have your address, and a sheet of address labels is easy to carry and use. You can make things even easier by bringing a few self-addressed envelopes. That way you can just write on the back what you want them to send.

Ah Rae...did we leave you behind? It's Thursday in Wisconsin dear.

HUH????? :confused:
janetupnorth said:
Ah Rae...did we leave you behind? It's Thursday in Wisconsin dear.

Oops! That's what happens when I try to do 7 things at once. Sic is clearly my limit. For the record . . . Today is July 9. There are only 7 days left until the start of Wave 3.

Ok, so I've been off of this site for a few days and am not sure if Rae has gotten to this tip yet or not, but since the cost of those traveling by air keep going up I thought I would throw in a tip. First, I'm assuming they are still having "surprise boxes" at conference. For those newbies, those are different priced boxes packed with discontinued merchandise with double the value. Since they give us a conference bag, plus paperwork plus merrill merchandise to purchase plus paperwork to purchase (you get the idea), there's a lot of "extras" to carry. Open up your surprise boxes, decide what you're keeping and what you're trading, put in your "extra" purchases and items into the box before you bring it to the FedEx counter to have it shipped home. It's a lot cheaper than paying for an extra heavy bag at the airport:)

<H2>1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?</H2><p>The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.</p><H2>2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?</H2><p>As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.</p><H2>3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.</p><H2>4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.</p><H2>5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.</p>

1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?

The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.

2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?

As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.

3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?

Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.

4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.

5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef