• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What can I do now to prepare for National Conference 2010?

Heather, do you know if there's a certain airline that is cheaper than others? I've heard some people say that Southwest is the cheapest.There is no specific airline that is cheaper than others. However, the best way to save money on your airfare is to check online before you buy. You can often find discounted rates by using search engines.
heather223
Gold Member
Since there was a thread started for Waves 1 & 2, I figured I would start one for those of us that are in Wave 3!

It's Thursday, March 19, 2009.
There are 119 days until National Conference 2009, Wave 3

(I stole this information from the Wave 1 thread!) Start thinking about how many rooms you need, if you want to reserve your room through Exper. you need to do it the first day, so your not put on a waiting list. Remember 1st night down.

If you do a non conference hotel & book online it's all upfront.

Thanks Heather!!!

It's Friday, March 20, 2009.
There are 118 days until National Conference 2009, Wave 3

Today is Tuesday, March 24, 2009.
There are 114 days until National Conference 2009, Wave 3

Today is Wednesday, March 25, 2009.
There are 113 days until National Conference 2009, Wave 3

We need to start posting tips/helpful hints like Rae did last year!!
One of the best suggestions I got was to buy a pair of Merrell shoes. I got a pair of Merrell sandals and my feet never bothered me at all during conference, unlike a lot of girls in my cluster!!!

pampcheflisa said:
One of the best suggestions I got was to buy a pair of Merrell shoes. I got a pair of Merrell sandals and my feet never bothered me at all during conference, unlike a lot of girls in my cluster!!!

Thanks ! If I reach my goal of $6250 of sales for March, I may just treat myself and buy a pair..Just went to their website...!

Warning: I do love to post tips. I tend to take over countdown threads for my Wave once registration opens. Don't worry. I ask permission before I take over. I'm a benevolent invader. However, resistance is futile. LOL!

pampcheflisa said:
Merrells are the BEST! I wear them almost every day, and when I was working as a Personal Chef, I wore them every day I worked. I could stand on my feet for 12-14 hours a day, and my feet wouldn't hurt. I tried every kind of shoe - spent a fortune in a quest for a good shoe - and Merrells won hands down!

Today is Thursday, March 26, 2009.
There are 112 days until National Conference 2009, Wave 3

Rae, feel free to take over or PM me the tips and I can add them. :chef:

Is there a certain pair of Merrell's you recommend?

Thanks, Heather. If we started with the tips now, we'd run out waaaay before NC.

Heather you crack me up with your countdown. I am looking forward to it, but it's too early for me to get excited. I have started to plan and get things in order. Since this is my first conference, does anyone have any tips on what I need to bring, how to dress, etc....?

Beth1170 said:
Heather you crack me up with your countdown. I am looking forward to it, but it's too early for me to get excited. I have started to plan and get things in order. Since this is my first conference, does anyone have any tips on what I need to bring, how to dress, etc....?

Beth, we were just talking about the tips! Rae and I will start posting those as we get closer. I started the countdown because the other 2 waves had their own going and I didn't want us to feel left out! :chef:

Beth, once registration opens there will be information from the HO on how to dress and what to bring. Basically, it's business casual, but no jeans or shorts. You'll want to make sure you have comfortable shoes. There's a lot of walking.Once we start sharing tips, there will be a few suggestions about additional things to bring, things to leave at home, and things you can share with your roommates.

Thanks Heather and Rae for filling me in and keeping me up to date

Today is Wednesday, April 1, 2009.
There are 106 days until National Conference 2009, Wave 3

Today is Thursday, April 2, 2009.
There are 105 days until National Conference 2009, Wave 3

Thanks Heather! I really can't wait to go...I have my ducks in a row!

DAVE AND I ARE GOING (2nd year). CAN'T WAIT... ANY ONE ELSE FROM PITTSBURGH GOING

Today is Monday, April 6, 2009.
There are 101 days until National Conference 2009, Wave 3

Last edited:
heather223 said:
Today is Monday, April 6, 2009.
There are 101 days until National Conference 2009, Wave 3

Whoo hoo!
Airline ticket-Check
Ready for 1/2 off registration-check
Looked at conf workshops to take-Check
Hotel reserved-Check

Can I leave now?

If you did, Steph, you'd have time to get lots of shopping done before the first workshop. ;)

raebates said:
If you did, Steph, you'd have time to get lots of shopping done before the first workshop. ;)

Well, I can't forget about THAT either...LOL

Today is Tuesday, April 7, 2009.
There are 100 days until National Conference 2009, Wave 3

Today is Tuesday, April 14, 2009.
There are 93 days until National Conference 2009, Wave 3

Registration for National Conference opens today! :D

Today is April 15. There are only 92 days left until the start of National Conference.Have you filed your taxes yet? Speaking of taxes, remember that much of your National Conference trip will be tax deductible. Be sure to keep track of everything. Now, while taxes are fresh in your mind, is a good time to set up whatever system you'll use for categorizing your NC deductions.

Exactly what part of conference will be a deduction? Would you mind giving an example of how to categorize? Again, this is my first time attending and I don't want to overlook even the simplest thing. Thanks so much.

A tax person will be the best person to really help you categorize. I keep things in different categories, then combine them as needed to put into my return.Just about everything but souvenirs will be tax deductible. Generally, this is how mine are divided:Travel: mileage (and airfare, if necessary), tolls, cab fare (and the tip), etc.
Lodging: hotel
Meals: including meals on the way to and from conference and tips
Business Supplies: you'll have a chance to buy mini-catalogs and recipe cards
Training Expenses: registration and any further training materials such as CDs you might purchase there

Today is April 16. There are only 91 days left until the start of Wave 3!Are you registered? Do you have your hotel reservations? If not, get on the ball! Now, go to CC and check out all of the NC things you can download. You might not need them all, especially if you've been to NC before. It doesn't hurt, though, to read things over. After all, things might have changed since last year. ;)

Thanks Rae!!

I'm so excited but have to earn some bucks with my first two shows this week to buy my tix and registration!

Today is April 17. There are only 90 days left until the start of Wave 3!If you’ve never gone to NC before, you’re in for a real treat. They treat us well. I’ll be sharing travel and NC tips in the coming days. Feel free to ask questions. Feel free, too, to add any hints or tips you can think of.

Today is April 18. There are only 89 days left until the start of Wave 3!I haven’t seen anything about dress code for this year, but I’ll assume that it will be similar to what it’s been in the past. Here’s the official word from last year:
Pampered Chef requires that at all official Pampered Chef functions you dress business casual. No denim or shorts. Chicago can be hot in the summer, but keep in mind that you are indoors most of the time and the air conditioner can be chilly. Packing a light blazer or sweater is a good idea since you can easily take it on and off when needed.
There are those who will argue that they should be allowed to (or always have, or by golly intend to) wear their denim and/or shorts. Be that as it may, the HO has set the rules, and I am an inveterate rule follower. (Remember, I’m not trying to start a fight or a huge discussion. I’m just trying to offer helpful hints so the countdown doesn’t get boring.)Start now to take a good look at your available wardrobe in light of the rules. If there’s something you need to add, you have almost 3 months to search out sales, resale shops, and consignment shops for whatever you need. If you start now, you won’t be as tempted to spend a lot just to get something.

Today is April 19. There are only 88 days left until the start of Wave 3!I wonder if there will be any way to earn extra ribbons this year. For newbies, when you get your name badge you'll receive a first-timer's ribbon to attach to your badge. Directors and above have special ribbons. There are buttons, ribbons, and lanyards for things like earnings, recruiting, and charitable giving.

Woohoo.. only 88 days to Wave 3! I am so excited about NC and Chicago!!

Hi all,

I've been selling Pampered Chef since October and this will be my first time attending conference. Any helpful tips would be appreciated. I have my flight booked and also my registration has been done. The only issue I'm having is that the people fom my cluster that I was going with have backed out. Is there usually people looking for roommates?

Vicky

Today is April 20. There are only 87 days left until the start of Wave 3!Just keep an eye on CS. People will start looking for roommates as we get closer. CS is also a great place to get ideas for what to take, what not to take, and how to really prepare for NC.

Last edited:
Thanks Rae for the heads up. I am so excited about attending NC.

Today is April 21. There are only 86 days left until the start of Wave 3!You'll probably only have a few cluster/team meetings between now and NC. Write down anything you want to discuss with your clustermates so you can ask at the meetings. What do they usually do during down time? Do they usually move about as a group or will you be mostly on your own? Do they usually choose expensive restaurants, mid-range meals, or cheap & cheerful cuisine? Your roommates and travel buddies will be good sources of info.

Today is April 22. There are only 85 days left until the start of Wave 3!Is it weird that I'm already excited?

raebates said:
Today is April 22. There are only 85 days left until the start of Wave 3!

Is it weird that I'm already excited?

Nope, not weird at all! I'm right there with ya! Especially since I'm returning to Chicago for the first time since '91, and can't wait to get down to that Lake front to take pics.

Today is April 23. There are only 84 days left until the start of Wave 3!Begin now making a list of the things you hope to learn at NC. If you’ve never been before, think about what you most want to know. Write down your questions. Read them over frequently. This will plant them in your brain, and you’ll be more likely to recognize an answer when you hear it. That’s one of the best things you can do to prepare your mind for NC.

Thinking about staying in the Hard Rock in Chicago. It is .9 miles away from the Hilton where I could get on the Conference Bus (at least that is what I was told. can i take the bus if I am not staying at hilton?) Would that be insane to walk/get a taxi/be dropped off there?The room is $111 a night right now and is soooo much nicer than the Travelodge for the same price. (Travelodge is .2 miles away from HIlton).Any thoughts or helpful hints/suggestions would he great! Thanks in advance!

I thought for sure Rae would have already updated the countdown.

Here goes....

Today is April 24th - There are only 83 days left until the start of wave 3.

I just love seeing the countdown. I can't wait till NC and be able to meet you ladies & gents.

Vicky

Rae was out of town for a few days. Today is April 26. there are only 82 days left until the start of Wave 3!Nicole, I'm so glad you asked. You can ride the shuttle no matter where you stay. You will be reminded not to wear your name badge while walking around Chicago, since it really pegs you as a tourist. However, your badge will act as your shuttle pass.

Today is April 27. There are only 81 days left until the start of Wave 3.Have you made your travel plans? My group is driving in, but if you're planning to arrive in Chicago by train, plane, or bus you'll want to make your plans and reservations soon.

Thanks Rae! Any opinions on the Travelodge vs. The Hardrock?

Sorry. I always stay at conference hotels. It's partly a security issue for me. There are lots of us coming and going at the same time, so I don't feel like a woman traveling alone.

Yes I really wanted to do the same, but it is just Mom and I traveling. She prefers to stay with just us two. We are saving almost $300 each by staying in another hotel. Ugh.

<H2>1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?</H2><p>The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.</p><H2>2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?</H2><p>As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.</p><H2>3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.</p><H2>4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.</p><H2>5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?</H2><p>Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.</p>

1. What is the date of National Conference 2010?

The date of National Conference 2010 is Thursday, March 19, 2009.

2. How many days do we have until National Conference 2010?

As of now, there are 119 days until National Conference 2010.

3. How should I prepare for National Conference 2010?

Start thinking about how many rooms you need and if you want to reserve your room through Exper. It's recommended to do it on the first day of registration to avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit. If you choose to book a non-conference hotel, you can book online and pay the full amount upfront.

4. Can I reserve my room through Exper for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can reserve your room through Exper. It is recommended to do so on the first day of registration to secure your spot and avoid being put on a waiting list. Remember to pay the first night's deposit in order to complete your reservation.

5. Are there any other options for booking a hotel for National Conference 2010?

Yes, you can also book a non-conference hotel and pay the full amount upfront. This can be done online for convenience. However, it is recommended to reserve your room through Exper to ensure you are staying in a hotel with other Pampered Chef consultants and have access to conference events and amenities.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
MORFIA
  • DebPC
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
etteluap70PC
Replies
Views
KellyTheChef