• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

NC Survey: Share Our Thoughts & Suggestions

In summary, the meals were great, the book for notes was helpful, the theme was appropriate, and the disappointments included the absence of the Serve It Up! Squad and the lack of an extra perk for Conference Club members.
raebates
Staff member
Thought it might be good to share our thoughts for those who haven't yet filled out their NC survey. Here were my thoughts.

Kudos
The meals were wonderful. As a matter of fact, I was amazed at the speed and efficiency with which we were all served.

Love the book for notes! It made things much easier.

I really liked the “Team Time with Your Executive Director.” I enjoyed it much more than the Executive Banquets of the past.

Enjoyed the theme.

Suggestions
Include a clearly visible dress code in National Conference information. I know that as a Conference veteran of sorts I fielded lots of questions about what to wear.

There is always a great theme song used at the general sessions. I know I come home humming it. I would love to see the lyrics available on Consultants Corner soon after Conference ends. I know, too, that usually the theme song is based on some popular tune. Since I’m not a big fan of popular music I’m usually at a loss as to what that song is, so it would be great if you could also provide the name of the song the theme is based on.

I really, really appreciate the totes every year. Here’s my thought, though. We are encouraged to bring business cards and exchange them. We also know we need to bring a pen or two and maybe even a highlighter. So, it would be great if the totes we get had a couple of small pockets in which to put the cards we’re giving out and the cards we’re receiving (we need to keep those separate, of course) and a slightly larger pocket in which to keep writing utensils.

Disappointments
I missed the Serve It Up! Squad. Even if there weren’t any additional prizes beyond the Whirlwind Shopping Spree, it would have been nice to have prizes announced in a way similar to how the car was done. The excitement over the announcement of the winner of the car was enhanced by the style of announcement. It wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun if the winner’s name was simply flashed on the screen. I realize the decision to simply roll the names on the screen was probably due to time constraints, but those could have been announced while the goodies (like the pins and Wahoo! buttons) were being distributed.

I was disappointed that there wasn’t some sort of extra perk for those of us in the Conference Club. Maybe a special seating section at lunch on one day, similar to the way the charitable giving breakfasts were done in the past few years—something that would let others see how many people have reached those levels. I would appreciate the recognition, and I think the visual would be a good carrot for those who have not yet attained that goal.

Great idea Rae! I know I think of things during conference but then forget once I get home. I really need to write things down!One suggestion off the top of my head--space the chairs out in General Session! One day I sat next to a gal who was "spilling" off her seat and onto mine and it made for a very uncomfortable meeting.

raebates said:
I was disappointed that there wasn’t some sort of extra perk for those of us in the Conference Club. Maybe a special seating section at lunch on one day, similar to the way the charitable giving breakfasts were done in the past few years—something that would let others see how many people have reached those levels. I would appreciate the recognition, and I think the visual would be a good carrot for those who have not yet attained that goal.

Do you mean Career Club?

I agree on the music. Since I have a teenage daughter I knew what most of the music was this year, but it would have been nice to have the PC version of lyrics for the "Amazing" song this year and for "Keeps Getting Better" from last year. I know for a fact that "Keeps Getting Better" in it's original form is not a very clean kid friendly song, so I downloaded the karaoke version and it would be nice to have some good lyrics to sing along with.

DebbieJ said:
Great idea Rae! I know I think of things during conference but then forget once I get home. I really need to write things down!

One suggestion off the top of my head--space the chairs out in General Session! One day I sat next to a gal who was "spilling" off her seat and onto mine and it made for a very uncomfortable meeting.

The chairs are connected so that they stay neatly in one place.

wish I saw this before I just finished filling mine out. YES a recording of the theme song would be AWESOME!

I told them how wonderful I thought the booklets for notes were and hope they continue to do them. Adding a few blank tear out pages for extra notes would make it perfect.

Special seating for Career club levels at some session or meal would be nice.

I enjoyed my classes alot this year and learned some great tips.

The energy at general sessions (especially the 1st one) was awesome!

I did not rate my tote high on the like list. I appreciate anything that we get but expected more for the 30th anniversary.

I expressed my disappointment with the lack of hooplah over the 30th anniversary, I expected much more after all I heard about from the 25th (was not able to attend that one due to a new baby)

Agree on the dress code.

A missed the I missed the Serve It Up! Squad, too... in the past the serve it up squad did little things, web page for a year, paperwork, etc.. I thought it was great.

The meals were great too.. especially considering the # of people they were serving.

DJ they had helped ROCK the joint.... Yes I was out there dancing too..

My only real complaint and yes, I put it on the survey, was the seating at General Sessions. Way to many of us are big and that is very uncomfortable for the people around us as well as us big folks. And it always seemed that there were not enough chairs as people were always standing in the back or sitting on the floor. The food was very good, and very efficiently staged.
And I too was a little surprised more was not made of the 30th anniversary.
Oh and no, I did not appreciate the treasure hunt nor it's prize. I mean really, let's give everyone the stuff that has been in and out of the outlet so many times that they even know no one wants the stuff! I still have my originals and can't get rid of those!

LOVED the meals that they provided...what a far cry from the lunchmeat sandwich, green apple, etc that they used to serve! Kudos to the chefs, it was all wonderful!

Loved the booklets, but agree that they should include more pages next time.

Missed the Serve it Up Squad for sure!

Loved the DJ! How awesome was that!

Loved the Circus theme! The marching band and the tap dancers were INCREDIBLE.

Loved the time we got to spend outside of conference in the evenings! My group and I got to see much more of the city and that was nice!

Of course...the NEW PRODUCTS! I love every one of them! I think it's going to be a great selling season!

LOVED that a friend of mine who is going through really hard times over the last few years actually WON A CAR!

Dislikes: The recruiting incentive for consultants. A SNUGGIE, really? I got one for Christmas and thought it was a joke, I promply returned it. For one, they are WAY too big for my 5' frame. I think they are just silly.

How come no sales incentive? Usually we get some points for sales during the fall if we can't make the recruits.

I LOVED the necklace that consultants and SC received for those postcards. I thought it was unfair that the rest of us couldn't get one. When I inquired to HO about that, they said that TL's, Director's, etc would get "great" gifts as well...wrong!

I thought we were supposed to get over $100 in items to take home? The business materials that we got did not total that, unless they were counting the pins and meals in that...? I am confused???

The totes: How many clear fronts do I really need?

That's funny - My only complaint was the seating at General Sessions. It didn't matter if you're large or not - if you weren't at the front of the auditorium, you couldn't see anything happening on stage. I would often have people standing up in front of me (even on chairs) or people who were large or tall or both...and my view was totally blocked. Sometimes to the point of not even seeing the big screens.And John...I have to totally agree about the purple products. Those things have been on the outlet in some form for over a year. I felt like they were just giving them to us because they are tired of having them hanging around in storage. I can't even give away the ones I got in a Surprise Box last year...why do I want more? I would be embarrassed to use those as a gift for a drawing - I would want the person who won the drawing to be excited about a Pampered Chef gift, not disappointed!I LOVED LOVED LOVED the food this year! The Director's Luncheon was fabulous...and so was all of the other food! Plenty of healthy choices, and I loved the great salads at every lunch! I was SHOCKED on Wednesday when lunch was as awesome as it was Tuesday. I kept thinking to myself "okay, this will probably be the day we eat boxed lunches!"

ugh... I totally forgot about the seating!!! Yes it was hard to see. If the elevated the stage a few feet it would be OK. and yeah a bit snug but more leg room than Arie Crown theater.Realized I also forgot to mention being disjointedness the neither Feeding America or Making strides had a rep there.Becky: The people standing on the chairs was really annoying!!!! Not to mention people saving seats being so rude! You do not always NEED to sit with EVERYONE you know!!!!Oh and as for the purple stuff... next time you are asked for a donation make up a gift basket with all of it and maybe a bamboo bowl and tongs.

Last edited:
Becky. you do realize that the purple stuff is worth about $45 as ORIGINALLY priced way back when. I bet that is part of that $100 they spoke of. TACKY though!!! Giving us the crap they can't sell! You know, I DID enjoy the treasure hunt until I saw the prize!

"LOVED that a friend of mine who is going through really hard times over the last few years actually WON A CAR! "

I am so glad to hear that! I knew it would go to someone who truly deserved it!
Think of how this will help her recuiting!

LOVED that a friend of mine who is going through really hard times over the last few years actually WON A CAR!

OMG! Tell me this person is from Ohio!

I was wondering what the hundreds of dollars worth of products that you got were.

Where did they hold general session? I take it it was not the movie theater type auditorium they've used in the past.

I have a problem with "spilling" as well and ALWAYS make sure I have an empty seat next to me. I figure I'd rather have a place to put my stuff and it's better than someone else being uncomfortable.

Di_Can_Cook said:
OMG! Tell me this person is from Ohio!

Yes, she is. A team leader from Ohio.

DebbieJ said:
Do you mean Career Club?
Yes, that's what I meant. Oops.And, Debbie, I did make a comment about the spacing of the chairs. I'm a little claustrophobic, and those seats were close.

pampered1224 said:
My only real complaint and yes, I put it on the survey, was the seating at General Sessions. Way to many of us are big and that is very uncomfortable for the people around us as well as us big folks. And it always seemed that there were not enough chairs as people were always standing in the back or sitting on the floor. The food was very good, and very efficiently staged.
And I too was a little surprised more was not made of the 30th anniversary.
Oh and no, I did not appreciate the treasure hunt nor it's prize. I mean really, let's give everyone the stuff that has been in and out of the outlet so many times that they even know no one wants the stuff! I still have my originals and can't get rid of those!

There was PLENTY of room over on the far left side. HUNDREDS of empty chairs.

chefsteph07 said:

I commented to my friends as we were walking out that it seems that the person who needs it ends up winning. There was an article about the gal who won the car lease at Leadership last time and about how she needed a new car, too.

I can understand that people want to save seats, and it's more fun to sit with your friends. But, there should be a rule that those seats need to be released about 10 minutes before the start of the session. Not that rules matter anyway, since there is a sign posted that says "No Saving Seats." :rolleyes:

I was disappointed that we didn't get free products, besides the rub. Last year was my first conference and I remember getting the RUFTH trivet, a rub, a sauce that was mailed home, and the conversion magnet. Somehow, I don't see where we got $100 of free products.

But it was still an AMAZING! conference! :sing:

chefjeanine said:
Yes, she is. A team leader from Ohio.

The gal who won the car just lost her mother LAST TUESDAY. She lost her father LAST year around this time at conference as well. She's really been through the wringer and it was nice to see her get something good in her life for a change!

PamperedchefDaly said:
The chairs are connected so that they stay neatly in one place.

The chairs can be unconnected. I know because a VERY rude person :mad: who was with one of the ladies on Tuesday on a scooter. I had sat down and they asked me to scoot over one so she could sit next to her friend. This was the same lady who SAVED :grumpy: 3 other chairs for non-handicapped friends. Anyway, they kept trying to "jerk" the chairs apart with me sitting in one and I finally said, "May I get up so you can move the chair where you want it?" They never even thanked me or even apologized for being rude...:eek:

colegrovet said:
DJ they had helped ROCK the joint.... Yes I was out there dancing too..

Awww...sorry I missed seeing you dance! ;)

pcchefjane said:
The chairs can be unconnected. I know because a VERY rude person :mad: who was with one of the ladies on Tuesday on a scooter. I had sat down and they asked me to scoot over one so she could sit next to her friend. This was the same lady who SAVED :grumpy: 3 other chairs for non-handicapped friends. Anyway, they kept trying to "jerk" the chairs apart with me sitting in one and I finally said, "May I get up so you can move the chair where you want it?" They never even thanked me or even apologized for being rude...:eek:

Oh, I know they can be unconnected. The lady in front of me disconnected hers, and when she stood up, her chair pushed back into me. More than once :grumpy:

I agree with everything:

Seats were too close together. I had someone sitting on me several times. Plus we difficult to see if you weren't in prime seats.

Missed the serve it up squad this year.

Buttons are ok, but if you have ever tried to put those on your apron you know that it makes it top heavy. No way can you wear all those. I'd rather had more free products. Just a free rub & the awful purple linens?! Seriously! I just knew they'd tell us we were getting something shipped to our homes the last day.

Agree with the snuggies---soooooo not inspiring to get out there and recruit. However, my new Ex. Award ring sure could use a new diamond or 2 next year--that will get me going :)

Totally can't see how we got $100 in freebies????

I was also disappointed that those of us on track for this yrs. trip went recognized. Usually there is some type of freebie they give out before a gen. session when they play the previous years video.

Bring back the surprise boxes!!!! Please.

All in all though we had a great time.

I don't know about the rest of you but Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz were TOTALLY AWESOME! Their words really pumped me up!!! In fact, tonight when I went to dinner at a local restaurant, my waitress saw my NEW TOTE sitting on my walker and said, "I LOVE PAMPERED CHEF!" I said, "I do too. What is your favorite product?" She said, "I got one of those pitchers with that pump thing inside it! I've had it about 4 years and it is just like new!" I said, "It's been that long since you went to a Show? You need to have one of your own." She said, "I would like to. I'm a single Mom and money doesn't go very far." I said, "You know, I love my job with Pampered Chef! I have so much fun and get all kinds of great products free." We chatted back and forth a little and I gave her one of the older "Amazing" brochures. I also got her information and asked a good time to contact her. She said she had a friend who would let her have the Show at her house because she has a big kitchen. She also gave me the friend's email as well! WAHOO! I love it! I prayed all the way home for God to bring those people into my path that He wanted me to help then I meet Tammy! I am so pumped...and am NOT AFRAID OF "NO" ANYMORE!!! Thank you PC for an awesome Conference!

pcchefjane said:
I don't know about the rest of you but Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz were TOTALLY AWESOME! Their words really pumped me up!!! In fact, tonight when I went to dinner at a local restaurant, my waitress saw my NEW TOTE sitting on my walker and said, "I LOVE PAMPERED CHEF!" I said, "I do too. What is your favorite product?" She said, "I got one of those pitchers with that pump thing inside it! I've had it about 4 years and it is just like new!" I said, "It's been that long since you went to a Show? You need to have one of your own." She said, "I would like to. I'm a single Mom and money doesn't go very far." I said, "You know, I love my job with Pampered Chef! I have so much fun and get all kinds of great products free." We chatted back and forth a little and I gave her one of the older "Amazing" brochures. I also got her information and asked a good time to contact her. She said she had a friend who would let her have the Show at her house because she has a big kitchen. She also gave me the friend's email as well! WAHOO! I love it! I prayed all the way home for God to bring those people into my path that He wanted me to help then I meet Tammy! I am so pumped...and am NOT AFRAID OF "NO" ANYMORE!!! Thank you PC for an awesome Conference!

I totally agree, Jane - that was the best way to end the conference - with the Go For No Workshop!

And I love your story! Good for you! You Go, Girl!

pcchefjane said:

Totally forgot to mention them! I agree, and I LOVED the cookie story written by that girl, that is soooo true! We just can't give up the first time we hear a NO!

raebates said:
There is always a great theme song used at the general sessions. I know I come home humming it. I would love to see the lyrics available on Consultants Corner soon after Conference ends. I know, too, that usually the theme song is based on some popular tune. Since I’m not a big fan of popular music I’m usually at a loss as to what that song is, so it would be great if you could also provide the name of the song the theme is based on.

cool if we could get lyrics and download a karaoke version to our ipods to sing on the way to work etc!

Marghi

I was sitting with Chris Manion when they announced the snuggie and our entire row just sat there with our mouths open...a snuggie? My husband wanted one for two years before we gave it to him as a joke and my daughter still threatens to move out if he ever wears it in front of her friends....I've always said the darn thing was invented by a drunk who put his bathrobe on backwards on one night and went "hey, wait a minute....I could make money with this!" while still under the influence, LOL. Yeah, no snuggie for me, LOL

Are you serious? That's all you got for free? Sounds like we got more than that at Spring Launch. We got a full size sprinkle and an ice scoop, and a pack of minis. Not much, but hey, they were new products! And they had the Serve It Up squad too. I do wish they had named the winners instead of showing consultant numbers. It generates a sense of excitement when you know a winner is from your area.

Totally agree about Going for the No. Today I decided to try to get 30 "no"s in the 2 hours I had to make calls. I got a lot of answering machines .. so those do not count as a no. Other than the answering machine's I booked 4 shows. Not even 1 "no".

I think a lot of people chose to stand or sit on the floor because they were more comfortable that way than squished in the chairs. I know I contemplated it on more than one occasion. It also made it easier for them to come and go to do things like visit the restroom, step outside to smoke, step outside to make a call, or chat amongst themselves.

One pet peeve of mine is people chatting during the sessions. It's one thing to make a comment or two about something that's been said. It's another to have an ongoing conversation in nearly normal tones while someone right next to you is trying to hear what's being said. In one session I had a conversation going on behind me and another beside me. I had a little trouble hearing during that one.

raebates said:
One pet peeve of mine is people chatting during the sessions. It's one thing to make a comment or two about something that's been said. It's another to have an ongoing conversation in nearly normal tones while someone right next to you is trying to hear what's being said. In one session I had a conversation going on behind me and another beside me. I had a little trouble hearing during that one.
I soooo agree with you!!!
That and People standing on their chairs after it has been announced we are starting and Jean is walking out on the stage.I already mentioned the saving seats thing.Oh and loading the buses... how many signs do there need to be about loading from the back? I mean lots of people must really like getting their elbows bumped and my rear in their face.... If they just followed directions that would not happen! But God forbid if they do not get the 1st seat and are not 1st off the bus!As for everything else. I am happy with how everything went. Nothing can be perfect for everyone.

raebates said:
Thought it might be good to share our thoughts for those who haven't yet filled out their NC survey. Here were my thoughts.

Kudos
The meals were wonderful. As a matter of fact, I was amazed at the speed and efficiency with which we were all served.

Love the book for notes! It made things much easier.

I really liked the “Team Time with Your Executive Director.” I enjoyed it much more than the Executive Banquets of the past.

Enjoyed the theme.

Suggestions
Include a clearly visible dress code in National Conference information. I know that as a Conference veteran of sorts I fielded lots of questions about what to wear.

I really, really appreciate the totes every year. Here’s my thought, though. We are encouraged to bring business cards and exchange them. We also know we need to bring a pen or two and maybe even a highlighter. So, it would be great if the totes we get had a couple of small pockets in which to put the cards we’re giving out and the cards we’re receiving (we need to keep those separate, of course) and a slightly larger pocket in which to keep writing utensils.

Disappointments
I missed the Serve It Up! Squad. Even if there weren’t any additional prizes beyond the Whirlwind Shopping Spree, it would have been nice to have prizes announced in a way similar to how the car was done. The excitement over the announcement of the winner of the car was enhanced by the style of announcement. It wouldn’t have been nearly as much fun if the winner’s name was simply flashed on the screen. I realize the decision to simply roll the names on the screen was probably due to time constraints, but those could have been announced while the goodies (like the pins and Wahoo! buttons) were being distributed.

Rae:
I totally agree with everything you said! :D

Ginger, you're clearly a brilliant woman. LOL!Paulette, I agree totally about the busses. Now, I sometimes struggle with motion sickness, so the very back seat might not be a good idea. And, on the last day the people who had planes, trains, or buses to catch had my blessing on choosing front seats. Outside of that, people were just not paying attention or intentionally breaking the rules.

Paulette that is way too funny! On one of my buss rides home, and you know I ain't no skinny mini, I hit a snag on the way down the isle as two ladies were leaning in to the isle as I was walking down, I had to say excuse me three times before they moved! Then, they did not pull back far enough and one DID get my rear in the face and the other got hit with my tote. The one lady said very rudly, "Excuse me". And I could not take it anymore as I was tired and sore, so I simply said, "Well, if you had done like the signs all said and went to the back, this would not have happened!" and I went to the back of the buss and sat my butt down! In fact, it was the same ride home that we were talking on!
And I stand corrected. I did not realize that a whole section of seats was not filled. I could not, or I should say, would not, walk over that far and really, it did work well for me as I met this awesomely great lady named Margo. Her and I sat at the very back as I had grabbed a chair from out side the session. We had some great idea conversations and I even put them into practice last night at my party. It went wonderfully! I am NEVER taking anything anything I do not use for the recipe(s) any more. I made two, I MEAN IT, TWO trips from my car and back! I have one booking though and I used a special envelope prize thing where I had extra free products for booking on certain dates but only had one taker. One is better than none though. And I gave out TWO of the recruiting fliers! TOO COOL!!!
And Go for No!!! That was really great to hear again but from a way different aspect! I asked everyone of my guests last night! I got 1 yes and 13 NOs!! But I got those NOS!

I agree with most of what has already been said on this thread.

First, I want to say that this conference overall was AMAZING (yes, I said it again) and just what I needed. I absolutely loved the Go for No speakers the last day - to be honest, I was not looking forward to it. I had heard the concept and thought it would be all repeat but they did an awesome job. So much so that I bought their package and listened to the CD's on the way home.

My classes were great but seriously, did we really have to be spread out all over the entire McCormick Center?

I stayed at the Sheraton last year and our bus was at the far end of the loading area and this year the Hilton was at the far end (I have walking issues so it was an issue for me).

Why did it take SOOOO long for the Hilton busses to load that last day? I barely got back in time to get my car out of the garage before 3 (would have had to pay for another day).

I loved the meals but noticed that it was chicken for every lunch. I LOVE chicken but I know not everyone else does. And it meant more walking if you got to the meals early - they made us walk all the way to the far end of the room to use the farthest lines. I know why but for those of us with walking issues it would have been nice to be able to choose a closer line.

Where was TECH SUPPORT?? and other booths are always nice.

They could have watched our pocketbooks a little and had some things one evening so that if we chose to we could stay less nights - let us decide if we want to visit the city.

I missed the little gifts. No serve it up, no gift at exec meeting, no gift at lunch, no career club, no RUFTH/HWC recognition, etc. They promised $100 in gifts and I can in no way add them up anywhere near $100.

and very upsetting:
No PRAYER CARDS at the meals. Pampered Chef meetings and events ALWAYS had prayer cards at the tables.

There are no prayer cards any longer because of complaints in past years from other religious, and non-religious, groups that are now part of our organization. Nonsecular is in these days. And I am sorry, but a prayer can be said easily enough to yourself. I know I don't need a card written up to give my personal thanks. And why make anyone uncomfortable?

etteluap70PC said:
I

Oh and loading the buses... how many signs do there need to be about loading from the back? I mean lots of people must really like getting their elbows bumped and my rear in their face.... If they just followed directions that would not happen! But God forbid if they do not get the 1st seat and are not 1st off the bus!

Maybe they get car sick or maybe they have a disability where they cannot walk well.

I get soooo sick riding those busses so I always sit near the front.

You never know what is going on with that person!

BethCooks4U said:
and very upsetting:
No PRAYER CARDS at the meals. Pampered Chef meetings and events ALWAYS had prayer cards at the tables.

While I wasn't upset by it, I did notice they were missing.

DebbieJ said:
Maybe they get car sick or maybe they have a disability where they cannot walk well.

I get soooo sick riding those busses so I always sit near the front.

You never know what is going on with that person!

Totally understand that and you are right... BUT.... every single bus I got on was already half (or more) loaded and always from the front. I think 1 time there were like 4 people in the back while the front was half full.

I am not a tiny person (my issue, I know and yes... fixable) but I hate the look I get when getting on the bus from people I have to walk by. I try to be as considerate as possible but if they are leaning toward the aisle at all I will probably brush them. If they don't want this to happen well... then go toward the back as instructed. I don't like riding in the back either. I have multiple personal/health reasons that those who do not know me well would never know. I deal with it the best I can to not inconvenience other people.

There were a few vendors there, Beth. Fed Ex, Sprint, Office Depot (?), and I want to say one more. That was a part of the scavenger hunt. By going to each of the places you encountered those vendors. They were located near S401. I did miss the tech people. One of my roommates was hoping to ask them something. Then again, the wonderful man who sent me P3 with all of the updates on a CD was one of the staff members helping out near the luggage area on Thursday. It was great to have a chance to tell him how much I appreciated his help.

raebates said:
There were a few vendors there, Beth. Fed Ex, Sprint, Office Depot (?), and I want to say one more. That was a part of the scavenger hunt. By going to each of the places you encountered those vendors. They were located near S401.

I did miss the tech people. One of my roommates was hoping to ask them something. Then again, the wonderful man who sent me P3 with all of the updates on a CD was one of the staff members helping out near the luggage area on Thursday. It was great to have a chance to tell him how much I appreciated his help.

Yes, I know those vendors were there on Monday during the scavenger hunt but I don't believe they were there after that and they were off hidden in a hallway instead of in the hall.

raebates said:
I did miss the tech people. One of my roommates was hoping to ask them something. Then again, the wonderful man who sent me P3 with all of the updates on a CD was one of the staff members helping out near the luggage area on Thursday. It was great to have a chance to tell him how much I appreciated his help.

Yes, I missed the Tech Support people too. I saw Dan from TS who is always so helpful. He said that many people told him that they wished TS was there. He said to make sure to mention that on the survey. So I did.

Beth, I do think they were only there the first day. I imagine the issue was that they needed the whole room where we ate to feed everyone so they didn't have room for the vendors.

raebates said:
Beth, I do think they were only there the first day. I imagine the issue was that they needed the whole room where we ate to feed everyone so they didn't have room for the vendors.

Hmmm... I never saw that room full (where we ate) but I was thinking that the registration area had plenty of room especially after the first day and there was also a lot of room in the hall of fame.

I'm thinking that when they planned the layout they were hoping for significantly more than 6000 consultants and that would have crowded the rooms even more.

I did like that Merrill was off by itself and it seemed like it was a larger space.

BethCooks4U said:
Hmmm... I never saw that room full (where we ate) but I was thinking that the registration area had plenty of room especially after the first day and there was also a lot of room in the hall of fame.

I'm thinking that when they planned the layout they were hoping for significantly more than 6000 consultants and that would have crowded the rooms even more.

I did like that Merrill was off by itself and it seemed like it was a larger space.

It seemed like a larger space because everything was GONE again by the end of the first day. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: I was SOOO excited to get to go into the Director's Room, but couldn't get there until Tuesday morning. By that time, there were exactly 5 items left in the room, and 2 of those were shirts that were only in 2X and larger sizes. I was sad.:(:(:(

ChefBeckyD said:
It seemed like a larger space because everything was GONE again by the end of the first day. :grumpy::grumpy::grumpy: I was SOOO excited to get to go into the Director's Room, but couldn't get there until Tuesday morning. By that time, there were exactly 5 items left in the room, and 2 of those were shirts that were only in 2X and larger sizes. I was sad.:(:(:(

yep. I saw another consultant wearing a nice track suit that she bought on Monday. By the time I got there on Tuesday they didn't have ANY at all. I was unimpressed with the other things they had out.

ChefBeckyD said:

I was there on Monday before lunch and that's all they had in those shirts even then. The red bling pens were sold out when I got there but there were more on Tuesday when I went back in. The Merrill person in the director store said that they had had 40% of the expected sales for the entire conference all on Monday.

There was very little in the directors store even on the first day.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pampchefrhondab
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sailorsarah
  • kam
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
chef131doreen
  • KimberleePowell