• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

How Much Should I Budget for My First NC Conference in Chicago?

There is usually a shuttle bus, but if your hotel is away from the conference center, you would need a taxi. Thanks for the help!
chefHLM
This will be my 1st NC and also my 1st time in Chicago...so what I need to know is how much $ I should be putting aside for food, taxis, etc. I think my Director is probably sick of me asking her questions about conference already LOL.
I've set aside my $200 conference fee (will be nice to get free or even 1/2 price but to be on the safe side LOL), about $180 for the hotel (we're splitting the room 4 ways for 3 nights), $25 for the HO tour, and money for my ticket out there. What else would I need money for? What are food prices like out there? Taxis? Thanks in advance! I know it's a lot of ?'s (and I'm sure I'll think of more) but I REALLY like to be prepared!!!

If you THINK you might want to purchase surprise boxes then save say $50. If you don't use it than thats ok but at least you have it. Plus Merrill is there so if you THINK you might want to get anything save another $50. I also saved money aside for those 'little' things you might forget to pack, or want while at conference. Oh and I packed a water bottle and just filled it up as we went. That saved me some dough! :) We did the same with snack foods...packed them so we didn't eat out or pay high costs at places.

If you are staying at a conference hotel, you probably will not need a taxi because they have shuttle buses. The only time you would need one is if your ED banquet is in another hotel or you want to visit some where and don't want to walk.I usually bring about $300. That gives me gas money, food money, spending money, etc.

All of your meals on the second day are provided. Breakfast on the last day is provided. You'll be paying for all other meals (unless breakfast is included with the first-timers' orientation). Talk to your director about how your cluster usually does meals. She'll be able to give you an idea of how much you're likely to spend on food.

I think I usually take about $125 in cash. That pays for food, tips, vendor purchases, and a few souvenirs. I don't really do the surprise boxes, so that's not an issue. Sometimes the vendors take cash. Sometimes they don't.

Thanks! This has helped alot! I am always one to be "over prepared" as my hubby says. LOL My youngest daughter's birthday is right before we leave (the 6th) and I want to be sure I have enough saved for both NC and her b-day party! I just saw on CC that the home office tour went up to $35.
One more question...LOL. The first timers' orientation, is there a set time for whatever your NED is or can you choose the time you want? When I register I want to do both orientation and a HO tour but they have the same time frames.

I would go to the orientation instead of the HO Tour. You can always do HO tour next year.

I don't know the answer to your question, Holly, because last year was the first year they did the first-timer's orientation, and I wasn't a first-timer. I'm with Deb, though. If you have to choose, you can always do the HO tour another time.

Thanks again! I guess being a first timer I want to do EVERYTHING! LOL Maybe I will wait and do the HO tour til next year.

I just re-signed as a PC consultant. Can anyone give me any info on the conference in Chicago, you can PM if needed. Price, hotel info, is there only 1 conference a year?, etc.

Thanks in advance.

There is usually an option for a HO after the last general session. That would depend on when you go home.

tnladyluvinlife said:
I just re-signed as a PC consultant. Can anyone give me any info on the conference in Chicago, you can PM if needed. Price, hotel info, is there only 1 conference a year?, etc.

Thanks in advance.

It's $200 for registration. Hotels were announced and are on CC (I think Sheraton and Hilton). They announced that this year was the last for Leadership so this will be the only conference from now on.

I noticed something today checking out the registration form and such on line tonight- HO tours are ONLY being held First Day and only two time slots. Plus it only mentions Consultant, SC, and TL along with guests. Makes me wonder if they are only pushing it for those and limiting space.

(Someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Is there a shuttle bus? I'm staying at a conference hotel the Sheraton. I've seen some messages say there is and isn't a shuttle. I just looked up what a cab would be and it's almost $17 for ONE WAY! OUCH!

lmradlein said:
Is there a shuttle bus? I'm staying at a conference hotel the Sheraton. I've seen some messages say there is and isn't a shuttle. I just looked up what a cab would be and it's almost $17 for ONE WAY! OUCH!

There are buses that run most of the day from each hotel to McCormick.

There is also a shuttle to your NED dinner if it is in a different hotel than you are staying in.

chezshelly said:
There is also a shuttle to your NED dinner if it is in a different hotel than you are staying in.

Are you sure?? I am so glad if there is one.... I am at Hilton and NED Dinner is at Sheraton. :eek:

Flamingo said:

Are you sure?? I am so glad if there is one.... I am at Hilton and NED Dinner is at Sheraton. :eek:

Yep - positive. There are always shuttles to the Banquets.

I have questions too LOL sorry going for the first time!
I was reading the agenda and it looks like breakfast and lunch are included. Is that correct?
I was thinking of packing snacks and puting them in my suitcase. I'm trying not to spend too much $$ on food.Thanks!

Day 1 you are responsible for all your own meals
Day 2 all meals are covered General breakfast (usually a buffet), General or career club lunch (sit down), Exec banquet for dinner
Day 3 General Breakfast

If you are a director or have earned special awards you may have extra meals included.

There might be breakfast available at the 1st Timers' Orientation. I think my roommate got breakfast at hers.It's not a bad idea to bring along some snacks. If you get a little peckish, you don't want to have to turn to the vending machines.

Thanks! I'm so excited!! This is my 1st time AND I'm also 6 months pregnant so food very important right now LOL

What is Pampered Chef?

Pampered Chef is a direct sales company that specializes in high-quality kitchen tools and cooking products.

How do I become a Pampered Chef consultant?

To become a Pampered Chef consultant, you can sign up on our website or reach out to a current consultant in your area for more information.

What is the NC First Timer Program?

The NC First Timer Program is a special program for new consultants in North Carolina that offers additional support and training to help you get started with your Pampered Chef business.

What are the benefits of joining Pampered Chef as a consultant?

As a Pampered Chef consultant, you have the opportunity to earn income, receive discounts on products, and be a part of a supportive community of like-minded individuals passionate about cooking and entertaining.

What kind of training and support does Pampered Chef provide?

Pampered Chef offers a variety of training and support resources, including online training courses, in-person workshops, and a network of experienced consultants who are always willing to help and share their knowledge.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• SpiritdancerIA
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
gaddischef
Replies
Views
kristina16marie
Replies
Views
smilesarepriceless