• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Day 31 - 2 p.m."Welcome to National Conference 2009 - July 9-11, 13-15, 16-18

It's always during one of the general sessions, but never announced which one.Thanks, so looking forward to conference again.
PampMomof3
Gold Member
NC Agenda...
National Conference 2009
Day 1 - July 9, 13, 16
6:30 a.m. .............................. Registration Opens
6:30 – 8:45 a.m. .................. Director Registration, Top Performance Cluster Jewelers (Director Level and Above)
7 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. .............. Home Office Tours (Consultants, Senior Consultants and Team Leaders)
7:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ........ First Timer Orientation Sessions
(7:30 – 8:00 a.m.,10 - 10:30 a.m., & noon - 12:30 p.m. )
8:30 - 10:30 a.m. ................. Director Training Event (Doors Open 8:00a.m.)
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ............ Director Luncheon
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. ............ Upper Level Luncheon
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.............. Top Performance Cluster Jewelers (Consultants, Senior Consultants and Team Leaders)
1 – 2 p.m. .............................Workshop
2:30 - 5 p.m. ........................ Opening General Session
5 – 7:30 p.m......................... Product Showcase
Room Opens
7 – 8:30 p.m. ....................... Chief Executive’s Celebration of Excellence (invitation only)

Day 2 - July 10, 14, 17
7 – 8:30 a.m. ........................ General Breakfast with Charitable Achievers Reserved Seating
9 - 11:30 a.m. ...................... General Session
11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. .............. General Lunch
11:45 a.m. – 1 p.m. .............. Career Club Luncheon
1:30 - 2:30 p.m. ...................Workshop
3 - 4 p.m...............................Workshop
4:15 - 5:30 p.m. ................... New Director Reception
7:30 – 10:30 p.m. ................ Executive Director Banquets

Day 3 - July 11, 15, 18
7 – 8:30 a.m. ........................ General Breakfast
9 – 10 a.m. ...........................Workshop
10:30 a.m. – 1 p.m. .............. Closing General Session

Registration, Merrill Store, & Booth Hours

Day 1
6:30 am - 12 :45 p.m.
5 - 7:30 p.m. Product Showcase opens
Day 2
7 - 8:30 a.m.
11:30 am - 1:15 p.m.
4 - 6:30 p.m.
Day 3
7 - 8:30 a.m.
1 - 2 p.m.

Surprise Pack Hours
Day 1
5 - 7:30 p.m
Day 2
4 - 6:30 p.m.

Thanks, Kristi!

No problem Rae! Looking forward to seeing you again!!

PampMomof3 said:
No problem Rae! Looking forward to seeing you again!!

HEY!!! What am I wood?????? ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing you too, Kristi.Ginger, I don't know you well, but I'm fairly certain you're not wood. LOL!

Ginger428 said:
HEY!!! What am I wood?????? ;)

Of course not!! I can't wait to see you too!!! (I'll never forget Ginger!!)

raebates said:
I'm looking forward to seeing you too, Kristi.

Ginger, I don't know you well, but I'm fairly certain you're not wood. LOL!

Ummmmm....more like Bamboo.....Earth Friendly!! :cool:

Very cute--just like you.

Weren't the surprise box hours during previous conferences (2007) around lunchtime? Seems they are shorter.....

What are these "surprise box hours?" Newbie here and still learning!

Surprise boxes are boxes of random discontinued products. In the past the boxes have been available at differing price levels. (I want to say $20 and $40, but that could be wrong.) You never knew what you'd get, but it was a good deal. The real fun was the trading that took place among those who had purchased boxes. There has been a place nearby to ship the boxes home so you don't have to worry about carrying them on the plane.

vwpamperedchef said:
Weren't the surprise box hours during previous conferences (2007) around lunchtime? Seems they are shorter.....

Yes, I think they were whenever we were not in workshops....like on Day1 when the Directors have something special, I went there & got some....

vwpamperedchef said:

Last year they started the Surprise box area in the morning of Day 1 before the first workshop. We got back from the HO tour around 11:00am, and it had already been opened for a while.

I'm kind of surprised it won't be open until the evening this year.

I think it's to prevent people from lugging boxes around to workshops and general sessions. Most people ship things home, but there are always some who insist on carrying things around, taking up too much space, and bumping into people.

I fell UP the escalator last year b/c I had a box I was trying to carry b/c I didn't have time to ship it before the workshop.

chefann said:
I think it's to prevent people from lugging boxes around to workshops and general sessions. Most people ship things home, but there are always some who insist on carrying things around, taking up too much space, and bumping into people.

They especially like to sit beside me on the shuttle bus or right behind me with the box balanced on the seat so it's hanging over my head the whole way. :rolleyes:

I also noticed there's no HO tour on the last day :(
Now I have to give up time visiting Merrill on the first morning if I want to go to HO ;)

If you've never gone, it's worth it.

No awards ceremony for TPC? Or do you think it will be at the general sessions?

Nanisu said:
No awards ceremony for TPC? Or do you think it will be at the general sessions?

It's always during one of the general sessions, but never announced which one.

Thanks, so looking forward to conference again.

Newbie here, too. I want to go to both the HO Tour and the First-Timer Orientation. How would you experienced NCers suggest scheduling this? Which tour is the most crowded, do you think?

You'll need to work it around your first-timer orientation session.

How long do the HO tours usually last? I'm thinking there is no time which wouldn't be crowded, so knowing the length of time would probably be more helpful.

It's been a while since I took the tour. Plus, they didn't have the first-timers orientations when I first went. These would be good questions for the HO.

They would be, but not worth a 10 hour wait time, haha! However, I do have to call about my adjustment for my DCB (of course, I FINALLY get around to having that broken and mailing a piece, and the Cranberry DCB is on back-order!!).

I called today & didn't have even a minute wait. I couldn't believe it!

pampchefsarah said:
How long do the HO tours usually last? I'm thinking there is no time which wouldn't be crowded, so knowing the length of time would probably be more helpful.

I think the tour was no more than an hour. We went the last day after conference was over and it wasn't bad at all. Thats the one we'll do again.

pampchefsarah said:
Newbie here, too. I want to go to both the HO Tour and the First-Timer Orientation. How would you experienced NCers suggest scheduling this? Which tour is the most crowded, do you think?

Do the first timer orientation in the beginning and leave HO tour til the end of conference if you can.

I talked to quite a few newbies last year and they loved the first-timer orientation. They said it was well worth the time. The HO tours take about an hour but - the trip there and back takes about 1 and 1/2 hours. You spend about 45 minutes on a bus there and the 45 back depending on traffic. After living down there for several years and doing the HO tours several times, I never recall a time when there was clear sailing on any freeway down there! I think they are always in rush hour mode!

frozenchef said:
I also noticed there's no HO tour on the last day :(
Now I have to give up time visiting Merrill on the first morning if I want to go to HO ;)

Someone please, please, please tell me that the Merrill people learned from past years and will be better this year.......PLEASE!!!!!

(wishful thinking.....I know)

Of course they've learned, Lisa. They'll be much better this year. Then again, I believe weather forecasters, too. [sigh]

Question...on Day 1, I'm thinking I'll do the Home Office Tour #1 from 7-11:30 am, then go to First Timer Orientation from noon-12:30. If Workshops start at 1pm, what should I plan on doing for lunch? I'm just trying to figure out logistics. Do they have things there for us to buy or are there quickie places near the building that I can grab a bite fast? Or do I just pack some snacks and such ahead of time? I know directors and above get a luncheon, but nothing is scheduled for regular consultants, right?Also, Day 2 it says "Executive Director Banquets", so are the banquets only for directors, or does everyone attend, but go to specific ones depending on who their director is?

there is a McD's and a small italian place 3 min walk from the first timer's session (if its the same place as last year). Also, we packed small snacks in case we got hungry (nuts, trail mix, etc.)

If its what I'm thinking of- The Ex. Banquets are for everyone. :) You will attend your director's dinner. So for example my NED is Nancy Jo Ryan so I will attend her dinner. we had a good time last year. :)

is the executive director banquet for everyone?

Yes. You'll be assigned to a banquet based on who your Executive (or higher) Director is.

First-timer here and of course have a few questions:
(1) "Registration Opens" - do I have to go to a registration area first? How much time would you allow for that? We're traveling into the city by the Metra from one of the suburbs (my in-laws home). It's about an 1 1/2 ride not counting a cab to my hotel to get my luggage dropped off and my DH and boys checked in (they are site-seeing while I "work") and then a shuttle or cab to McCormick. My First-time orientation is at 12.

(2) "General Breakfast" and "General Lunch" - are for all consultants?

(3) Looking at the schedule on the original post....is it safe to assume that ALL day the 2nd day is booked solid- with maybe 4-7:30pm as "Free time"...assuming I went to the ED Banquet?

(4) I know I saw this somewhere, and will try to find it again- but how much are the Surprise packs usually?

(5) And what takes place at these Exec Director Banquets that takes 3 hrs?? is it worth it? I know PC doesn't do anything half-way, but I also know my body- after being all day on my feet/moving/thinking, etc, I'll be desperately needing a pillow. :D I just spent this past weekend at a conference- i was so messed up by the end of the day (just workshops- much like this will be), I didn't even bother with dinner. I ate bagels in my room!

Thanks! I'm just trying to figure it out a bit ahead of time- my DH was hoping I'd be able to join him and the boys at least one night for dinner at Navy Pier or something. I can already see I may be a bit more rushed on Thursday morning arriving into town then I had originally hoped, and I know I'll be leaving on my own on Saturday (DH leaving with boys for the train station after we check out of the hotel because of a family function later that afternoon at his mom's).

1) Yes, you'll need to go to the registration area first. You'll get all of your tickets to enter each event and workshop there. 2) Yes, those are for everyone.3) You're reading it right. That's a packed day. You won't need to worry about any meals on your own. There is a bit of free time before your banquet, but most of us use that time to visit vendor booths.4) They've had $20 and $40 ones in the past. There may be other options. I haven't purchased one for a few years. 5) It depends on your ED, but you don't want to miss it. Prizes and awards are given out. There's a good meal. It's worth it.You'll have Thursday evening when you can do whatever you want with your guys.

Thanks Rae! :D

1. What is the schedule for National Conference 2009?

The schedule for National Conference 2009 includes registration opening at 6:30 a.m. on the first day, with various events and workshops throughout the day. The next two days also have a mix of breakfasts, workshops, and general sessions.

2. What events are specifically for Directors and above?

The Director Registration and Top Performance Cluster Jewelers event is from 6:30-8:45 a.m. on the first day. The Director Training Event is from 8:30-10:30 a.m. on the first day, and the Executive Director Banquets are from 7:30-10:30 p.m. on the second day.

3. Are there any orientation sessions for first-time attendees?

Yes, there are First Timer Orientation Sessions on the first day at 7:30-8:00 a.m., 10-10:30 a.m., and 12-12:30 p.m.

4. What time does the Product Showcase open?

The Product Showcase opens from 5-7:30 p.m. on the first day, 4-6:30 p.m. on the second day, and 1-2 p.m. on the third day.

5. What are the hours for the Merrill Store and Booth?

The Merrill Store and Booth are open from 6:30 a.m. to 12:45 p.m. on the first day, and from 7-8:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. on the second and third days.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• PampMomof3
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
PampMomof3
  • redsoxgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
jbdowd0798
  • pampchefrhondab