• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Weather Cancellations in the North: Advice for a Southern Newcomer

In summary, the conversation discusses how to handle weather cancellations for a Pampered Chef show in the midst of a major snowstorm. Suggestions include having the host reschedule for the next day, encouraging guests to order online, and even doing a virtual show. The conversation also touches on booking strategies and a potential opportunity for a show during the upcoming blitz.
j&k'smom
How do you handle weather cancellations? I am south of Buffalo, and we are getting hammered!! I need this show tonight to make the SAT, but I'm not sure I can get there. (My husband is telling me it is the worst he has ever seen!) I think I will see if my host can reschedule for tomorrow. Does everyone in the north plan snow days into their schedule? Any words of wisdom? :(

j&k'smom said:
How do you handle weather cancellations? I am south of Buffalo, and we are getting hammered!! I need this show tonight to make the SAT, but I'm not sure I can get there. (My husband is telling me it is the worst he has ever seen!) I think I will see if my host can reschedule for tomorrow. Does everyone in the north plan snow days into their schedule? Any words of wisdom? :(

I had one last night - the host had neighbors over, and then they called me with questions. The host laid out all of her PC items, and they made jerk chicken nachos, and she showed them all of her favorite PC products.
The show is @ $418 right now, and she is planning on closing tomorrow at over $500 with her outside orders she's gathering today!

You may not be able to get their physically, but like Becky's, maybe suggest to your host that any of her NEIGHBORS who can walk over, do so- to have a good time in light of the situation. Then for the rest, she can just steer them towards your website or just reschedule.

Wow that is great!! I don't think my host has collected any outside orders, but it is worth thinking about!! How much snow did you get? We are at 1 1/2 feet and supposed to get 12" to 16" more!

Right now, they have dug out north of us which is where she is. I'm @ 40 south of her, so unless the band shifts north, her guests could still come.

We got about 12 inches...it was the ice underneath the snow, and the blowing and drifting that made travel dangerous!

My host didn't have outside orders yet either - the $400 came from the neighbors last night, and then she is calling people who couldn't come today.
It was fun! She put me on speaker phone, and we just chatted about PC. I did my bookings spiel (don't have any yet though) and talked about the Magic Pot, and then just answered any questions they had.

That sounds like a great way to show the host how easy it is to be a consultant! She basically is!

I somehow got my hosts to reschedule within days this month, never had that happen before! What I did was basically only give them the option to reschedule for this weekend. Usually, I would ask when they wanted to re-schedule. Well this time when the mini-blizzard hit, I had two shows, and I'm desperately trying to earn Disney so I can't afford to have the post-pone. So called them gave them my two open dates that I had before the 14th. I told them we had to do the show before the 14th for Christmas delivery deadlines and they all took! Doing one of my shows tonight, and the other on Sunday afternoon!!! So my suggestion would be to be prepared and give her a date to work with, see how it goes!!! Good luck!

Have you host call all of the guests , they are all going to be HOME have the all get into there P'J's and get a cup of TEA and then get on the computer. You too.
You can do a confrence call or they can just call you with questions and the order You can even do free shipping , 10 % off A raffle
Try to make it FUN even with out you at the show
Now I have never done this but talked about it if I had alot of snow
See if that works
Then let me lnow LOL

Well, we are rescheduled for January 15th. I really wanted the show in Dec., but I need shows booked in Jan. too. Now she booked off an Oct. show. Can I register this show during the blitz?

If I'm reading the rules correctly, it must be a NEW show (so not booked off another) to count for the 5 entries (25 for the first one). However, you'll get 25 when you close it in January.

Jules711 said:
If I'm reading the rules correctly, it must be a NEW show (so not booked off another) to count for the 5 entries (25 for the first one). However, you'll get 25 when you close it in January.

Yes - but then we have no chance to win the $25 instant money. I do not have any open dates for January. None.

Yeah, that stinks. I already have January shows too and it's like being a little punished for booking less than a month in advance really. I forgot about the instant cash. Is it good for catalog shows too? Can you try for some of those? That's what I'm going to do. I figure I have time for more of those. Maybe even do a special. If your show is one that earns me an instant prize, I will give you .....

Picture it: March, 2008. Saturday of that weekend a foot of snow kept me trapped in my home. Fortunately, I managed to make it home safely that Friday night and I never had a crash on the way home. Unfortunately, I had my own show set that weekend and of course, nobody risked their lives to come! That would not have bothered me except that nobody called to say they weren't coming! (This was before I learned that NOBODY comes to my parties!)Sunday morning: Wake up nice and early and set to digging my car out of the snowdrift. Halfway through, a couple of nice kids stop by and finish the job! So I head out ... passing several empty church parking lots, but driving on clear roads the whole way ... and proceeded to have my best show EVER! The awful Friday and Saturday were followed by a clear Sunday. Several people said their churches were canceled but the roads were clear. Left that day with about $750 in orders and was told that about 15 people had books. The results? Look to your left!

1. What kind of weather cancellations are common in the North?

Some common weather cancellations in the North include snowstorms, blizzards, ice storms, and extreme cold temperatures.

2. How do I know if an event or activity is cancelled due to weather?

Most organizations or businesses will announce cancellations through their website, social media, or local news outlets. It's also a good idea to sign up for alerts or notifications from your local government or school district.

3. Is it safe to drive during a snowstorm or blizzard?

It is not recommended to drive during a snowstorm or blizzard, as the roads can become very dangerous and visibility can be limited. If you must drive, make sure to check road conditions and take extra precautions, such as driving slowly and leaving plenty of space between you and other vehicles.

4. How can I prepare for a winter storm or extreme cold?

It's important to have an emergency kit ready with supplies such as non-perishable food, water, blankets, and a first aid kit. Make sure to also have a plan in place for power outages and know how to stay warm if the heating goes out.

5. Are there any resources for finding information about weather cancellations in my area?

Yes, there are several resources available such as local news channels, weather apps, and community websites. You can also contact your local government or school district for updates on cancellations and closures.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• braveslady
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Sk8Mom209
  • PCMelissa
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Michelle's Kitchen
  • BeckyC5830