• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Navigating Midway Airport: Easily Picking Up/Dropping Off

In summary, Midway Airport has a designated area for pick-up and drop-off called the Cell Phone Lot, where passengers can wait for their ride to arrive. There is also a designated area for ride-sharing services, as well as various parking options for those waiting for their passengers. To avoid traffic, it is recommended to use the Cell Phone Lot and check the airport's website for real-time updates. Additionally, valet parking services are available for both short-term and long-term parking needs.
BethCooks4U
Gold Member
To those familiar with Midway airport: How easy it is to figure out where to go to pick up/drop off someone at that airport? Mapquest and AAA show it's not hard to find it from the Sheraton (and to get back onto the road for me to go home) but is it hard to understand where to find people who fly in/out?

I've only been there 2 times (round trip 2 x) and it should be really easy - go to arrivals area of the airline they are coming in on (or if it has a gate) and departures was the same - if leaving from Southwest - go to the Southwest departure area -

It's very easy. There are signs on Cicero directing you for arrivals and departures. Departures are upstairs and arrivals are downstairs, both on the east side of Cicero. There are ramps off of Cicero from both directions (northbound and southbound).

Thanks! This is good to know. I will be picking her up on my way from WI to the Sheraton and then taking her back from the hotel on my way to NC so I needed to know that it won't be too stressful to get around Chicago and AROUND Chicago from there (KWIM?).

Also, if you are early picking her up, there is a "cell phone lot" on the south end of the airport where you can park for free and wait for her to call you and tell you she has arrived. Then you can drive back up to the terminal and pick her up at the curb instead of having to drive around. :)

1. How do I navigate through Midway Airport for easy pick-up and drop-off?

Midway Airport has a designated area for pick-up and drop-off called the Cell Phone Lot. This area is free to use and allows you to wait for your passenger without having to circle the airport. Once your passenger is ready, they can call or text you to let you know their location and you can quickly pick them up. Alternatively, you can also use the hourly parking garage located near the terminal for a quick pick-up or drop-off.

2. Is there a designated area for ride-sharing services at Midway Airport?

Yes, Midway Airport has a designated area for ride-sharing services like Uber and Lyft. This area is located near the terminal and is easily accessible for both pick-up and drop-off. Signs and designated pick-up spots are available to make it easy to find your ride.

3. Can I park at Midway Airport while I wait for my passenger?

Yes, there are several parking options available at Midway Airport for those who are waiting for their passengers. The Cell Phone Lot is a free option for short-term waiting, while the hourly parking garage is another convenient option for longer waits. You can also use the economy parking lot for extended stays.

4. How can I avoid traffic when picking up or dropping off at Midway Airport?

To avoid traffic at Midway Airport, it is recommended to use the Cell Phone Lot for pick-up and drop-off. This will allow you to avoid circling the airport and waiting in traffic. Additionally, you can also check the airport's website for real-time traffic updates and plan your trip accordingly.

5. Are there any valet parking options at Midway Airport?

Yes, Midway Airport offers valet parking services for passengers. The valet service is located near the terminal and is available for both short-term and long-term parking. This is a convenient option for those who are in a rush or have heavy luggage to carry. You can also reserve a valet spot in advance to ensure availability.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
wadesgirl
Replies
Views
lacychef
Replies
Views
Melissa78
Replies
Views