• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What to Expect at Nat'l Conference: Schedule, Preparations, and More

In summary, the 2009 conference will have a first-timer's event on the morning of July 9. There will be workshops and general sessions throughout the day on the first day, and the last day will have panels and a closing ceremony.
babywings76
Gold Member
I hope I'm not jumping the gun. I'm sure we'll be getting more info. But I'm so excited I want to start looking at my options now. This will be my first time attending NC. What is the schedule typically like? I'm in Wave 1, so it's July 9-11. When does everything begin the first day? Morning or afternoon? Do people typically go a day before their wave begins? How long do you expect to be gone (including travel time if flying in)? And do you recommend joining Conference Club?

If 2009 is like 2008, you'll have a first-timer's event the morning of July 9.Lots of us arrive the day before, but there are still many who arrive the day of.How long you'll be away will depend on how you decide to set up your schedule. Things are completed at about noon or so on the last day. If you fly in the day before and fly out the last afternoon or evening, you'll be gone four days.Yes, join Conference Club. With just a few dollars out of each month's commission, you can set aside enough to pay for NC. If you don't use it, it's returned to you.

My advice:
1. Get there early.
2. Join Conference Club. Day 1 starts with breakfast, so you'll want to arrive at the conference center early in the day. If you're traveling from out of town, you'll want to be at your hotel at least the evening before. Allow more time than you think you'll need if you're taking the shuttle buses. Chicago traffic is pretty insane and the buses don't run as smoothly as anyone would like. You can buy a Metra pass and take the train direct to the conference center or pay for a cab.Conference Club allows you to spread out the cost over multiple months and comes right out of your commission, so you don't have to think about it. It's like layaway and I highly recommend it.

I wouldn't buy a Metra Pass!

I've gone to conference for 5 years, and never had a problem with the shuttle buses. They leave almost continually from the Conference Hotels, and really, in my experience, you only use them first thing in the morning to get to conference, and then in the evening to get back to your hotel...and possibly to your Executive Banquet.

Last year there was a newcomers meeting the first morning of conference, and also a directors meeting. The rest of us just shopped (sorry all of you who couldn't get to the Merrill Store the first 2 hours it was open!) and hung out, and went out for lunch. The first workshops/general sessions were the afternoon of the first day.
Because we live just 3 hours from Chicago, we leave the day of - drive to Michigan City, and take the Metra into Chicago. Plenty of people come earlier though - especially those who are flying.

Conference Club is the only way to go!

I have a few questions:
a) what hotel is NC held at? if I'm in a weekend Wave I need to try and stay at the hotel b/c it will be my sabbath so I would have to walk no using electricity, driving etc.b) how much does NC cost?c) How does Conference Club work? wouldn't it be better for me to just put the money away myself and earn interest on it? IE in a savings account????

Conference is held at McCormick place. There is a hotel attached to it but it's not a "conference hotel". There are usually three conference hotels that you get a discounted rate for booking there.

Last year it was $200 for registration.

You sign up for conference club on CC. It's really nice because you never see the money. The money is such a small amount, you probably wouldn't earn that much interest on it anyway. I signed up in August of last year after conference and am having them "hold" $400 for me. It was around $40 a month to do so.

does the reg cover just you or are spouses welcome?

Spouses are welcome, but there is an additional cost. The Furry Guy has never gone with me, so I can't tell you what that cost is.

pamperedpnina said:
does the reg cover just you or are spouses welcome?

It depends on what they want to attend with you. The original $200 is just for you and just covers conference stuff. Hotel and some meals are more. They have different "levels" of participation for spouses so you can pay for what they want to attend.

1. What is the National Conference and when is it held?

The National Conference is an annual event hosted by Pampered Chef for its consultants, leaders, and home office staff. It is usually held in July or August at a different location each year.

2. How do I register for the National Conference?

Registration for the National Conference can be done through the Pampered Chef website or through your consultant's website. The registration fee includes access to all conference sessions, workshops, and meals.

3. Will there be any special promotions or discounts at the National Conference?

Yes, there will be special promotions and discounts available exclusively for conference attendees. These can include discounted products, new product releases, and limited edition items.

4. Can I bring a guest to the National Conference?

Guests are welcome to attend the National Conference, but they must be registered and pay the registration fee. This fee is the same for both consultants and their guests.

5. Are there any networking opportunities at the National Conference?

Yes, the National Conference is a great opportunity to network with other consultants, leaders, and home office staff. There are designated networking events and also plenty of opportunities to connect with others during breaks and meals.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
raebates
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
4 5 6 7 8
Replies
Views
pampchefsarah