• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discover the Differences: National Conference vs Leadership Conference Explained

In summary, the Leadership Conference is for directors and above. The National Conference is open to all active consultants. The cost of National Conference 2006 is $490 and the cost of Leadership Conference is $225. The conference club option costs $0 and the cost of attending the workshop is $60.
PamperedPrincess74
I'm a little confused about the whole conference thing. What is the difference between Leadership Conference and National Conference. When is each usually held and where? I'm assuming Leadership conference is limited to Directors and such. Is any consultant allowed to attend National Conference? How much does it cost and what does the cost cover? I can't find any information on this, or maybe I'm just not looking in the right place?

Here's what I know!I haven't attended either yet, but from what I've gathered from my director and Consultant's Corner this is all I know. If any other consultant's would like to chime in with additional or corrected info please do.

National is held in July in Chicago. Leadership is held in January and in different locations around the country. If I'm not mistaken it was held in Dallas last year.

National is open to ALL active consultants, while Leadership is only open to consultants that have achieved the level of Future Director or above.

The cost of the 2 are different. National apparently costs $490, plus your travel, hotel and food costs. There is a calculator on Consultant's Corner that will help you plan and save for the Registration costs. I copied the cost break down for National Conference from that calculator and posted it below.

National Conference 2006

Event Cost

Guest Home Office Tour $20.00
Director Guest Special Event $100.00
Home Office Tour $20.00
Preregistration $175.00
Guest Registration $175.00
Total $490.00

Leadership costs $225 for normal registration and $175 for Early-bird registration, plus the costs of travel, hotel and food. You can also save throughout the year just like with National, by having HO deduct a certain amount from your commission check.

National Conference does NOT cost $490! The registration cost is $175--that's it.

Of course, the other extras, hotel room, travel, meals, etc, will cost more. But the conference alone is $175.

Like I said, I copied those costs from Consultant's Corner. I haven't yet asked my Director about the costs of National Conference since it is so far away. I assumed that the total was how much the event would cost, as I am sure most NEW consultant's would. I'm sorry if I've misled anyone.

It's really easy to make either conference more affordable. The registration fee is $175 for each one. Definitely browse your info about the January consultant promotion....depending on how many shows you submit or how many sales you have, you can get $50 off, $100 off or FREE national conference registration!

Do the Conference Club option where a little from each commission check (you pick the amount) is put into an "account" so when it comes time to register for conference, you've already got money put away. That's a GREAT thing!!!

Share rooms with as many consultants as possible! For example, there will be 3 or 4 of us sharing a room at Leadership. The first night in a suite, it's $80 (divide that four ways and it's cheap!), the remaining nights it's a SUITE for $108 and that's really good. Obviously the more people who share the room, the cheaper it is for each person. Share shuttle rides to and from the airport. Airfare is the big cost if you have to fly. Use frequent flyer miles if you have them or just shop around. It does add up to quite a bit for most people (if you don't have money burning holes in your pockets), BUT it is sooooo worth it. I can't stress that enough. And until you've experienced it yourself, it's hard to really comprehend. I've been to National Conference three times and today I leave for my first Leadership Conference.

If you're not able to go to National Conference, eventually they usually offer some or all of the workshops on CD which are very inexpensive or through consultant's corner (I think?). THe information is incredible! The boost it gives to your business and the spark it gives to YOU to motivate you is unparalled! It's so worth it!!! :)

Thanks so much to all for the information.

I recently lost my part time job so instead of looking for another one, I thought I'd step my business up to full time. That being said, I want to take advantage of everything there is out there. Does anyone know the dates of National Conf?

I'm really excited and have set some pretty high goals for myself for the year. Right now I have NOTHING on my calendar but I have some possibilities right now that I have to follow up on (phone calls - ugh!) and my husband and I just put up a TON of grocery store flyers yesterday. I'm hoping for at least ONE lead from that.

national Conf.Hi
I have been with PC for almost 6 years and went yo Chicago 3 time and I am going to go this year . I have not been to leadership because the date just hasn't worked for me . The differance as I understand it is that the meetings at leadership are a bit more involved because the are for Future Drictors and above not for Consultants. I can tell you about National Conf. in July being that I have gone 3 time , Yes the reg is 175.00 and with goog sales in Jan you can reg for much LESS ...... yes you do share a room with 4 or 5 people we stay at the Emb Suites and they have a room with t full beds and anothe that pulls out in the living room and splite 4 or 5 ways is cheap too. From the airport to the hotel we get a cab and that is split too again 20 dollars or so .. Eating at the Hotel we stay at they have a full buff breakfast free every day . (and a free happy hour at 5;00 if you stay at the hotel ) I think we did go for dinner only the last night because some of us didn't go th the Directors Dinner and our flyt was at 8;30 am so we went to the Navy Pier you can find cheaper dinners there. All in all its mybe going to cost me 75.00 for registration 200.00 for air and 200. to stay in the hotel but thats only a guess. and some spending money but going to Conf is such an upliftig experiance and I think really help with your Buisiness If you never went the BIG picture of being ther is awsome and no one realy can explan it to you .so if you can afford it then go it a great 3 or 4 days
P.S I also won the 90 sec shopping spree my first year so it was really worth it for me ;)
Doreen Zaino 252326 Future Director

Is national conference always in chicago?

Latoya:

Yes, National Conference is always Chicago, which is very close to the Home Office. The advantage is that you have an opportunity to tour the home office, which is a lot of fun! Did I hear someone say "shopping spree??"

Mary

National ConfYas you heard Shppoing Spree
when we took the home office tour we all got a #to put on our shirt then when we saw the area where they load the boxes ,the music gets turned up the crowd is all excited and they pulled my # and in 90 sec I got to load only 1 of anything into a large plactic box about $2.000 dollars worth of products got shopped to my house about 2 days after I got home . Talk about exciting I felt like I was on a game show!!!!!!!!! Yes I got ALL the Cookware ,Stoneware all the small gadgets I think the whole Catalog It was the best time I ever had
Doreen Z :D aino pdzaino4@aol,com

Doreen:

OOOOH, I'm very jealous...I've been to NC 5 times and have never won. This year I had the distinct "pleasure" of watching someone win it two times in a row (yes I saw her win it two year consecutively!)!! What are the odds?? I've just made it my quest to keep going until I get a shopping spree!

Congratulations!!
Mary

PamperedPrincess74 said:
Does anyone know the dates of National Conf?

QUOTE]

The dates of conference depends on who your higher up director is.

Session I is July 10-12
Session II is July 13-15
Session III is July 17-19

1. What is the difference between National Conference and Leadership Conference?

National Conference and Leadership Conference are both annual events hosted by Pampered Chef for its consultants. National Conference is a larger event focused on product launches, training, and networking opportunities for all consultants. Leadership Conference is a smaller, invitation-only event for top-performing consultants, with a focus on leadership development and business strategy.

2. How do I register for National Conference and Leadership Conference?

Registration for both National Conference and Leadership Conference can be done through the Pampered Chef website. National Conference registration is open to all consultants, while Leadership Conference registration is by invitation only for top-performing consultants.

3. What are the dates and locations for National Conference and Leadership Conference?

The dates and locations for National Conference and Leadership Conference vary each year. The information can be found on the Pampered Chef website or on the consultant portal. It is also announced through email and social media channels.

4. Is there a cost to attend National Conference and Leadership Conference?

Yes, there is a registration fee for both National Conference and Leadership Conference. The fees vary each year and can be found on the Pampered Chef website or on the consultant portal.

5. What can I expect to gain from attending National Conference and Leadership Conference?

Both National Conference and Leadership Conference offer valuable opportunities for learning, networking, and personal and professional growth. Attendees can expect to gain knowledge about new products, business strategies, and leadership development, as well as the chance to connect with other consultants and leaders in the Pampered Chef community.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• 1PamperedMommy
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
NooraK
  • Karen
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies