• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Are You Getting the National Conference T Shirt? Thoughts?

In summary, while the $16 price for a T-shirt is high, I don't think it's terrible. I also think that if HO is going to encourage people to buy them, they should at least give them away for free.
BethCooks4U said:
I emailed HO and said that while I would have gotten one if it was available through CC or P3 I would not be getting one from Merrill since I can't trust their sizing and their shipping is high. I just sent back two pieces of clothing that I purchased a size larger than I am buying everywhere else. Between the shipping to get it to me and to send it back I spent $20 and will have nothing for it. HO responded that they were sorry that I wasn't happy with Merrill and that they would forward my comments on.

Hopefully to someone within PC, NOT within Merrill. Merrill doesn't care...why would they? They have exclusive rights with PC- no competition to make them produce a better quality product at competitive prices. But it's worth a try! Enough complaints to HO, eventually, they'll get the idea.

redneckgleasonx4 said:
Someone may have already posted it but the tax and shipping is $6.85!! That makes the t-shirt cost $22.80. That's ridiculous! Some of us actually do this to make money not blow it on t-shirts that are almost $23!!!

This is what gets me the most. They could just as well put the single T-Shirt into one of those plastic envelopes and mail it for just a couple of dollars. Or even stuff it into a flat-rate envelope and get it to me in two days for $5.

I'm looking at ordering a couple of things...so I may add it on to my order that way- so the shipping on ONE item doesn't kill, just spreads it for several.

redneckgleasonx4 said:
Someone may have already posted it but the tax and shipping is $6.85!! That makes the t-shirt cost $22.80. That's ridiculous! Some of us actually do this to make money not blow it on t-shirts that are almost $23!!!

My 5 year old is in ballet and they are selling T-shirts for their recital. The cost is $22. Things are pricey. Personally, I am going to get one. We wear it on Saturday, which is going home day. Everyone dresses casual on the last day because it is a travel day. I hate the color, but it is bright and noticable. I will be advertising my business all the way home to Oregon. Last year, my downline director collected over $700 in sales to and from conference. That was without a bright T-shirt. I just can't image what she will collect wearing it. When I wear it to the gym, I will be noticed, not because I am so buff :D, but because the shirt is so bright :thumbup:.

2 of my friends and I ordered our shirts together which made the shipping around 3 bucks...much better.

Shawnna said:
2 of my friends and I ordered our shirts together which made the shipping around 3 bucks...much better.

Good idea! Way to think outside the box!

I would love to see Merrill get some competition...and see their sizes be more accuarate,,,I am a Xl and last year the 2XL sweashirt was skin tight...and $60...for a hooded...camp type sweatshirt...mmm...If there was another vendor the prices would come down and their would be more variety for styles...YUCK
I am not getting the $16 tshirt one time wear either...lol

I've posted this before but I'll post it again. Merrill has no control over their sizing of their garments because they get their garments from different vendors. I work for a t-shirt printing company and that's just the way it is. If they went for one company to order their garments from then yes they would have more control over the sizing. But it's not their fault for this. And knowing how different companies work, I personally can range from a size S in men's shirts (uni-sex style) to an XL in some fitted ladies/junior style. We get many customers who complain about the same kind of things to us but when it comes down to it it's the manufacturuer who dictates the size of their garments.

wadesgirl said:
I've posted this before but I'll post it again. Merrill has no control over their sizing of their garments because they get their garments from different vendors. I work for a t-shirt printing company and that's just the way it is. If they went for one company to order their garments from then yes they would have more control over the sizing. But it's not their fault for this. And knowing how different companies work, I personally can range from a size S in men's shirts (uni-sex style) to an XL in some fitted ladies/junior style. We get many customers who complain about the same kind of things to us but when it comes down to it it's the manufacturuer who dictates the size of their garments.

I understand but I also know that I can walk into Kohls, Target, Belks, CATO, and even Walmart and pick up a large and it will fit me almost every single time but when I buy from Merrill I never know. The last thing I bought I got in an XL because I wanted it to be a bit loose but when it arrived it was so tight that no matter what I lose it would never fit. That cost me $20 in shipping (both ways combined) and it was the final straw. I want to be able to try it on or get free shipping (or at least more reasonable - clothing is not that expensive to ship) if I need to exchange/return it. I had bought a shirt 2 years ago that was too tight but I held onto that and it now fits me well but it was crazy to have that in my closet all that time. I won't be buying clothes from them again unless it's at conference where I can try it on.

BethCooks4U said:
I understand but I also know that I can walk into Kohls, Target, Belks, CATO, and even Walmart and pick up a large and it will fit me almost every single time but when I buy from Merrill I never know. The last thing I bought I got in an XL because I wanted it to be a bit loose but when it arrived it was so tight that no matter what I lose it would never fit. That cost me $20 in shipping (both ways combined) and it was the final straw. I want to be able to try it on or get free shipping (or at least more reasonable - clothing is not that expensive to ship) if I need to exchange/return it. I had bought a shirt 2 years ago that was too tight but I held onto that and it now fits me well but it was crazy to have that in my closet all that time. I won't be buying clothes from them again unless it's at conference where I can try it on.

On the other hand I cannot walk into any store and just pick up a size. Even jeans fit different on me from company to company. I always have to try stuff on which is the reason why I never buy anything online even from Merrill. I will wait until Conference to buy the logo wear I want.

My upline has already purchased her conference shirt, but since they are not mailing them until the end of June, she requested to pick her's up at Conference - it won't make it to Japan in time if she has it mailed to her house. So call & ASK if you don't want to pay shipping to see if you can do the same. :DI have issues with allergies & have to wash my clothes in Tide Free before wearing them, so I'll be paying the shipping vs wearing an unwashed shirt. ;)

UUUGGGHHH!!! Today I received a package from Merrill...I was so excited because I knew it was conference shirts. Now I am just ticked off at them because we ordered 3 shirts...sm, med and a large...and I only received 2 because the large is on backorder. Seriously, how can these be on backorder? Its not mine but if it doesn't get here before we leave what good is it? Just another reason to not like Merrill.

Yep, I ordered 2, got one. How can something you are asking us to PREorder, be on BACKorder? Stupid Merrill....

Me too! Four of us going, TWO are on backorder. Stinks and I hope they are doing everything possible to get it here before we go!

This is just typical Merrill and reason number one why I refuse to order from them!
Are they saying the shirts will be to you guys in 10 days? What if it's not? I'd call HO as well!!!

There was nothing on the paperwork about when they thought they would ship it...just b/o.

I hope you all get your shirts in time. I can't believe they had to backorder when they did everything as preorders. Be sure to complain to HO. They need to know every time there is a problem. It won't get fixed if HO doesn't get the message loud and clear. Over.and.over.

I have ordered a lot from Merrill but I will not again after the last fiasco I had with their sizing. I might (probably will - lol) go their booth at conference but no more ordering online for me. You guys have given another reason.

My backordered size Large Conference shirt arrived today, one day after the other shirts ordered by my team. Not bad timing. I will admit that I was a little bit worried about getting it in time. Now, I have no excuses for not being packed on time.

We have some shirts that have ALASKA embroidered on the front and hopefully if we have time we're going to put this on the back with iron-on transfers.
I love designing stuff :) While we have a huge team, thank goodness there are only a few going this year - I couldn't fit them all on the tree. Like how I'm the pineapple?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-06-24 at 1.57.53 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-06-24 at 1.57.53 PM.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 452
frozenchef said:
We have some shirts that have ALASKA embroidered on the front and hopefully if we have time we're going to put this on the back with iron-on transfers.
I love designing stuff :) While we have a huge team, thank goodness there are only a few going this year - I couldn't fit them all on the tree. Like how I'm the pineapple?

I'll look for your shirts at Conference..... :D

I'm happy. Merrill UPS'd the backordered shirts and I got them yesterday!

I got my backordered shirt Friday. So glad. I was really worried. Merrill always seems to have problems.

Hey! I'm stateside now & haven't gotten a shirt or a notification of back order. I've had more than my fair share of slow mail for 4.5 years in Japan. They can't do this to me in TX! LOL

Oh yes they can & more than likely will. Merrill is the suckiest company we've ever had to deal with on logo stuff!

I saw a charge on my bank account which means my order has shipped! LOL

Well that's a hopeful sign. Fingers crossed for you Sheila! :-D

I was charged two weeks ago but i haven't gotten mine =(

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies
Views
esavvymom
  • raebates
  • National Conferences and Meetings
Replies